1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2. Please check out our two newest forums, the "Buy, Sell or Trade" (link ) forum in the Society Category, and the "Conspiracy Theories" (link) forum in our Discussion and Debate Category.

The Cristeros and Us

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by Michie, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Michie

Michie Manipulation Resistance Team Supporter CF Ambassador

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Catholic
    Most Americans haven’t the foggiest idea that a quasi-Stalinist, violently anti-Catholic regime once existed on our southern borders. Those who don’t know how bad Mexico was in the late 1920s are about to learn, though: at least those who see…

The Cristeros and Us

2. Memento Mori

Memento Mori Guest

I wrote up a little summary of St. Cristobal Magallanes' life for his feast day last month. That was the first time I'd heard of the Cristero war. The Church bore some serious bullying. The government took ownership of all Church property, and her activities were severely restricted. It was illegal to evangelize, to provide a religious education, to wear clerical vestments, and priests were stripped of the right to vote.

3. Virgil the Roman

Virgil the Roman Traditional Catholic

Marital Status:
    Private
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Catholic
    Public wearing of clerical garb is still prohibited in Mexico. Also all the Churches remain in the technical hands of the State in Mexico (as is also true, alas, in France today, still). These measures were due to the Liberal, Freemasonic Anti-Catholic gov't. It shows the fruits of Liberalism and Freemasonry: Persecution of and desire to eradicate the Holy Catholic religion by whatever means that can be used.

:smoke:

4. FullyMT

FullyMT Veni Sancte Spiritus

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Catholic
    Bl. Miguel Pro, pray for us.

5. Root of Jesse

Root of Jesse Unapologetically Catholic

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Catholic
    Go see the movie For Greater Glory. I'll be seeing it again this weekend. It's rare that I'd go to a movie twice...Excellent movie, though.