New Jersey
Visit site
✟28,184.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
The Cowboy

One Sunday morning an old cowboy entered a church just before services were to begin. Although the old man and his clothes were spotlessly clean, he wore jeans, a denim shirt and boots that were very worn and ragged. In his hand he carried a worn out old hat and an equally worn out bible. The church he entered was in a very upscale and exclusive part of the city. It was the largest and most beautiful church the old cowboy had ever seen. The people of the congregation were all dressed with expensive clothes and accessories. As the cowboy took a seat, the others moved away from him. No one greeted, spoke to, or welcomed him. They were all appalled at his appearance and did not attempt to hide it.

The preacher gave a long sermon about Hellfire and brimstone and a stern lecture on how much money the church needed to do God's work. As the old cowboy was leaving the church, the preacher approached him and asked the cowboy to do him a favor. "Before you come back in here again, have a talk with God and ask him what He thinks would be appropriate attire for worship."

The old cowboy assured the preacher he would. The next Sunday, he showed back up for the services wearing the same ragged jeans, shirt, boots, and hat. Once again he was completely shunned and ignored.

The preacher approached the man and said, "I thought I asked you to speak to God before you came back to our church."

"I did," replied the old cowboy.

"If you spoke to God, what did he tell you the proper attire should be for worshiping in here?" asked the preacher.

"Well, sir, God told me that He didn't have a clue what I should wear. He says He's never been here before."

Let your light shine for Jesus!

Author Unknown
Submitted by Richard

ALISHA32

Aug 17, 2006
GULFPORT
✟15,274.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Cowboy

One Sunday morning an old cowboy entered a church just before services were to begin. Although the old man and his clothes were spotlessly clean, he wore jeans, a denim shirt and boots that were very worn and ragged. In his hand he carried a worn out old hat and an equally worn out bible. The church he entered was in a very upscale and exclusive part of the city. It was the largest and most beautiful church the old cowboy had ever seen. The people of the congregation were all dressed with expensive clothes and accessories. As the cowboy took a seat, the others moved away from him. No one greeted, spoke to, or welcomed him. They were all appalled at his appearance and did not attempt to hide it.

The preacher gave a long sermon about Hellfire and brimstone and a stern lecture on how much money the church needed to do God's work. As the old cowboy was leaving the church, the preacher approached him and asked the cowboy to do him a favor. "Before you come back in here again, have a talk with God and ask him what He thinks would be appropriate attire for worship."

The old cowboy assured the preacher he would. The next Sunday, he showed back up for the services wearing the same ragged jeans, shirt, boots, and hat. Once again he was completely shunned and ignored.

The preacher approached the man and said, "I thought I asked you to speak to God before you came back to our church."

"I did," replied the old cowboy.

"If you spoke to God, what did he tell you the proper attire should be for worshiping in here?" asked the preacher.

"Well, sir, God told me that He didn't have a clue what I should wear. He says He's never been here before."

Let your light shine for Jesus!

Author Unknown
Submitted by Richard
i like this one also.

Upvote 0

GregoryTurner

Ezekiel 33
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2006
USA
✟57,748.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If we pay close enough attention, there are alot of churches that do this to people. Let us all keep this story in mind when we remember that God looks at our hearts not our hair, clothes, shoes, hats,etc...

Upvote 0

The Story Teller

The Story Teller
Jun 27, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
✟28,184.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
If we pay close enough attention, there are alot of churches that do this to people. Let us all keep this story in mind when we remember that God looks at our hearts not our hair, clothes, shoes, hats,etc...
After all Jesus was after everyone, no just the well to do..:)

Upvote 0

The Story Teller

The Story Teller
Jun 27, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
✟28,184.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
This is kinda sad but at the same time a great reminder that just because someone dresses differently doesn't make them any lesser a person.
I go to two different Churches and one I dress-up and the other is come as you are. I like them both..:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jesusxchick

God's Little Princess
Oct 13, 2006
Georgia
✟16,641.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
That's sad, but very good to read. In this world it is true that some churches will react this way and it isn't the way to react. God doesn't care what you wear to worship him, he just wants you to worship him.

Thanks for sharing this and God Bless :)

Upvote 0

The Story Teller

The Story Teller
Jun 27, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
✟28,184.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
That's sad, but very good to read. In this world it is true that some churches will react this way and it isn't the way to react. God doesn't care what you wear to worship him, he just wants you to worship him.

Thanks for sharing this and God Bless :)
May God Bless you and have a great day..:wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums