Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,150.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I was brought up in the military and was reared Baptist and have went to countless conferences and functions as a young person, We settled in Michigan for my pre-teens and teenage years. Our church use to have conferences and the young people would attend all dressed up and sharp looking. The conferences in Northern Michigan seemed the best. I use to think to myself back then my gosh, what pretty young woman we have! I never remember any idle time when attending the events of the Baptist Church. The conviction of the Holy Spirit was there and I always left with a clean feeling.

These events were also well coordinated. We would sometimes attend a multi-day event where there would be day classes as well. There are times when I visit Gatlinburg, Tennessee that I see those conferences going on and there are always a lot of sharp looking young people there. I sometimes attend the functions of the Thomas Road Baptist Church to this very day. I have yet to attend a well coordinated event outside the Baptist church.

The old timers in my Pentecostal Holiness church would encourage people to revival and I went to a many of them. It seems like though that as the old evangelist died away that the days of revival have come to an end for my denomination, which is unfortunate.

I believe that the interpreters house and the porters house in the Pilgrims Progress were in metaphor to the Christian conference. These conferences give the Christian tools and resources to fight the devil with in the valley of humiliation. It would be unfortunate if they were to ever disappear.

As a matter of fact the last date I was on was at the Thomas Road Baptist Church's Virginia Christmas Spectacular, in which I have also made a video. All of which brings back the childhood memories I have of the Baptist Christian conference.

Reactions: Goodbook

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,150.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
A lot of conferences still go on, but you seem to be mainly talking revival meetings. Are you?

Well, revivals seem to be a thing of the past these days. So I have been taking more interest in the conference.

Upvote 0

mikedsjr

Master Newbie
Aug 7, 2014
Fort Worth,Tx
✟17,192.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Well, revivals seem to be a thing of the past these days. So I have been taking more interest in the conference.
My previous church was heavy into church planting conferences and Muslim/Jewosh/Christian relations conferences. Most at our church.

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,150.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I am a Lab Technician. If I see any candidates I will share with them the Pilgrims Progress and see what they get out of it. It seems that the Interpreters and Porters house are in metaphor to the Christian retreat... Which can be...

1. Events - Such as the VA Christmas Spectacular
2. Revivals - Conducted by Evangelists
3. Conferences - Planned by the well educated.

All of which are helps to any Christian church.

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,150.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Back when I was very young and in the 1970's a young evangelist was setting the Baptist churches in our area ablaze. This guy would really preach with conviction and there would be prayer in the prayer rooms in the after service. I would invite friends where they would testify as "never in their life prayed so hard." I bought a cassette tape and have since made a YouTube video out of it. This was our greatest revival at that church.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
There doesnt seem to be any baptist conferences in my area that I know of, i live in nz. But us ladies have womens conferences to go to organised by other churches and combined churches.
Also theres promisekeepers for men.

I would say of these conferences, well the ones iVe been to, i have been kinda disappointed because the focus isnt really on the gospel or godly living. Its christian but kinda more self help than bible based. If the baptists organised it Im sure it would be different to what ive experienced, and I also think it wouldnt be so expensive.

Upvote 0