Visit site
✟22,366.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
This reminds me of that cell phone commercial. The one with the two friends on the ski lift. :ahah:

I LOVE that commercial! Cracks me up every time I see it! ^_^

These are actually really good questions, and maybe in the future if someone is dating someone they should take these questions into consideration before actually -being- jealous or heartbroken that the guy is dating one of their friends.

Haha! Yes, a good idea! But if only I could guarantee that I'll even be able to think straight with a bunch of crazy emotions eating me alive! :p

Upvote 0

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
lol true! I think a lot of times you (in general) get blindsided and you actually start thinking what you had was fantastic and someone was taking it from you, but in reality it's probably a good thing someone else is having to deal with the issues and not you. :p

Upvote 0

Tamara224

Jan 13, 2006
Wyoming
✟40,734.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The dating code that is. :p

Say you date someone, and then you guys break up. Is it wrong if one of your friends wants to date your ex? Would you have a problem with that or not? Why/why not?

It depends. If he broke my heart and it was a close friend, I would hope that she could at least hold off till I was a little healed. And even then, I would hope that she was serious about him, and not just jumping into a casual relationship that she knows would hurt me.

If she wasn't a close friend, I wouldn't expect her to consider my feelings.

If the breakup was mutual or initiated by me, then he's fair game for all my friends as far as I'm concerned.

Upvote 0

Amber.ly

Predictably eccentric and honestly hypocritical
Mar 1, 2010
Gone- PM if you need me
✟22,486.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My personal code is not to be invovled with any guy a friend dated OR had a serious crush on. Friendship comes first. Or hoes before bros ;)

Because it isn't up to me what other people do, I don't have an opinion on someone else dating my ex.

I think Shakespeare sums this up quite nicely:

"Neither a borrower nor a lender be"

:smirk:

Last edited:
Reactions: Perhaps Today
Upvote 0

HazelWings

There is no one like our God
Apr 17, 2011
Oregon
Visit site
✟18,056.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Say you date someone, and then you guys break up. Is it wrong if one of your friends wants to date your ex? Would you have a problem with that or not? Why/why not?

Blind post here:
I don't have a problem with it at all... it would just be a little weird to think of my BFF having her lips where mine have been :sorry:

Upvote 0

IreneAdler

more binah in her finger than in your whole body
Oct 12, 2009
✟22,392.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship

I think it depends: the length of the relationship, the commitment level, the reason for the break up... stuff like that

if this was the love of my life - um, no, it's not ok
if we had been engaged - um, no, it's not ok
if he beat me and I dumped him - I don't want my friend in that

if he was boring as a rock but they got along, why not
if we dated for three weeks, why not
if we just didn't have chemistry, sure

Upvote 0

Blank123

Legend
Dec 6, 2003
✟56,875.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
if it was immediately after the breakup and she knew I still had feelings for him, I would be deeply hurt by that.

At this point with my ex... its been nearly two years since our breakup and if he and one of my friends decided to date I'd be alright with it. I'd just be concerned because I honestly don't think he'd be a good match for my friends that know him :sorry: Otherwise, I'd just wish them the best and be happy for them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tamara224

Jan 13, 2006
Wyoming
✟40,734.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
My personal code is not to be invovled with any guy a friend dated OR had a serious crush on. Friendship comes first. Or hoes before bros ;)

:o I know, I'm a downer but.... do we really call each other "hoes" now?

Maybe "sisters before misters." ;)^_^

Upvote 0

Rose of Eden

Queen of CF and Child of God
Sep 22, 2010
Florida
Visit site
✟22,366.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

You know, I agree with you about the whole "hoes" thing. I actually always heard "chicks before....well yeah, you know" ^_^ but I like "sisters before misters!" Haven't heard that one! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Im_A

Legend
May 10, 2004
✟35,359.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'll add...None of my exes are close to me. It is great. They are far away. My friends are either married, engaged or not in this state and the ones in this state are either older, and engaged or with someone. So its an issue that no matter how I answer, the issue is really moot for me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Amber.ly

Predictably eccentric and honestly hypocritical
Mar 1, 2010
Gone- PM if you need me
✟22,486.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

:ahah:

Well, if you were my sister, you would not only get called that but you would call me a term of endearment that rhymes with witch :p

We're close enough to insult with love, my sisters and I.

But I admit, I don't go around calling all girls potentially derogatory words. So sisters before misters works. Or chicks before hicks ^_^

Upvote 0

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
and also Im not sure about it being CF Rule appropriate, lol.

But -anyway- getting back on topic. :p I think that if I had a boyfriend and broke up with him after a week for whatever reason and say another friend of mine wantedto date him, I honestly dont forsee an issue with that because he obviously wasn't meant to be for me

Upvote 0

PinkSweetart

Robots and rainbows, magic and mischief! ;)
Jan 27, 2008
:) <--- This smiley likes you.
✟34,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Y'all can read my brainzzzzz! I was watching *ahem* The Disney Channel :)P) and I heard the term "Pals before gals", and I tried to sit down and think of one to use with girl friends, but nothing was coming to mind. Well, nothing other than the gardening tool one. :p

I just had to say that. :p

Reactions: Amber.ly
Upvote 0