Jul 3, 2015
Kingman, AZ
Visit site
✟24,256.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I often hear how Christ's Church is God's kingdomw. But these verses seem to say otherwise:

Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has chosen gladly to give you the kingdom (Luke 12:32).

Then the King will say to those on His right, 'Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world' (Matthew 25:34).

Therefore, since we receive a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us show gratitude, by which we may offer to God an acceptable service with reverence and awe (Hebrews 12:28).

Listen, my beloved brethren: did not God choose the poor of this world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom which He promised to those who love Him? (James 2:5)

D. A. Taylor

Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Kingman, AZ
Visit site
✟24,256.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Right. You put this under the sub-forum "Controversial Theology", but I don't think that what you wrote is controversial at all.

Christ is the King and we believers are His subjects. And that is what makes a Kingdom.

Yet it goes far beyond being "subjects." For Scripture reveals that Christians are priests, kings, and co-rulers with Christ in the Kingdom. And I think as this topic goes on, you will see that such scriptures are very controversial.

Upvote 0

D. A. Taylor

Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Kingman, AZ
Visit site
✟24,256.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Indeed, there is great controversy here!

Scripture tells us that Christians are called to be kings and priests whom rule in the Kingdom of God. In fact, several passages make it clear that called and chosen Christians are to actually OWN the Kingdom..

And yet much of modern Christianity teaches that God's kingdom is the church, and that pastors and ministers are the "rulers" of that kingdom.

So which is it?

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
And Jesus called them to him and said to them, “You know that those who are supposed to rule over the Gentiles lord it over them, and their great men exercise authority over them. But it shall not be so among you; but whoever would be great among you must be your servant, and whoever would be first among you must be slave of all (Mark 10:42-44)

At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, “Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?” And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them, and said, “Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever humbles himself like this child, he is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. (Matthew 18:1-4)

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” (Matthew 19:14)

Last edited:
Reactions: D. A. Taylor
Upvote 0