Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,864.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
There are real, tangible benefits to diversity in the workplace, in schools, and in communities. Diversity for diversity's sake is actually quite beneficial.
Go on...

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
So what's the problem here? People are going to the churches they want to go to aren't they? If not, they can go to another church. Diversity for the sake of diversity is pointless.
Diversity is never just for the sake of diversity. It's for the effects that diversity has on the human psyche. It's a lot easier to demonize the people on the other side of town than it is to demonize your best friends from school.

Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,864.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Diversity is never just for the sake of diversity. It's for the effects that diversity has on the human psyche. It's a lot easier to demonize the people on the other side of town than it is to demonize your best friends from school.
The easiest to demonize is demons, wherever they live.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,864.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
'K? Not really a logical response. It doesn't comment on the veracity of what I said.
I mean I will consider bad people bad people regardless of where they live. If my friends are bad people, I'll know it. I have no reason to form an opinion about "people on the other side of town" because I've learned over the years to not put much stock in gossip or hearsay.

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I mean I will consider bad people bad people regardless of where they live.
Ok, great. The problem at hand is that humans don't do that as a whole when there are distinctions that are easier to process, such as appearance, language, culture, etc.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,864.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Ok, great. The problem at hand is that humans don't do that as a whole when there are distinctions that are easier to process, such as appearance, language, culture, etc.
So, regarding the OP, what should we do? Should the government institute "busing"; send buses around town to force people to go to churches they'd rather not go to or else they'd already be going to?

Reactions: Uncle Siggy
Upvote 0

nightflight

Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Your dreams.
✟30,570.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

And that's not going to change.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AGTG

Mar 11, 2014
✟6,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

It's a lie to propose this only happens in white churches. When I was first born again, I called one of the closest churches to my home hoping to be welcomed. The black pastor immediately heard the tone of my voice and told me I'd be better off going to a white church on the other side of town.

The hypocrisy related to race in our nation is staggering, and Jesus would sharply rebuke it if He were walking this earth.

The trouble is, the modern church (white, black, or any other race) is actually under a massive delusion, and cannot function as intended. Really, it's that sour batch of grapes noted in the Book of Revelation. The one that gets gathered up and thrown into the vat of the wine-press of His fury for when He will return and tread out this mess pretending to represent Him.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
I'm not sure what that has to do with what the poster stated though. You lost me.
The subject is integration and reverting to tribes due to "event X." I was not suggesting that that skin color is a literal tribe, but coalescing around others based on skin color is sad because it is an artificial barrier created based on notions of superiority as opposed to geography, language, customs, etc.

Civilizations like Egypt were multiracial society because they did not view the world based on skin color. The idea of skin color and race became a "thing" during European colonialism, thus people expressing views about being around your own "kind" and the like is a sad reflection of how racism has ruled our world in recent centuries.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

nightflight

Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Your dreams.
✟30,570.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The subject is integration and reverting to tribes due to "event X." I was not suggesting that that skin color is a literal tribe, but coalescing around others based on skin color is sad because it is an artificial barrier created based on notions of superiority as opposed to geography, language, customs, etc.

And I was initially responding to this post: http://www.christianforums.com/thre...f-racism-in-2016.7946505/page-2#post-69629774

.......which referenced language and culture.

Upvote 0