Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
What do you mean? What is different about the "lust" as you sneeringly put it of LGBTs as opposed to that of heterosexuals? What makes you think it is any different at all? Myabe your relationship is primarily motivated by lust, but those of most hets and most homos is not.

It can be motivated by whatever they choose. Love on. But when those acts that God says are to not take place start taking place, they will be called sin just as His Word says they are.:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
That was to point out the non-Christ honoring idea of homosexuals coupling. I still wouldn't treat them any different than the heterosexual couple. People are people. I'm kinda point out error with two homosexuals just as I would with heterosexuals.

How're you going to do that? Just wag your finger at same gender couples holding hands?

Upvote 0

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It can be motivated by whatever they choose. Love on. But when those acts that God says are to not take place start taking place, they will be called sin just as His Word says they are.:thumbsup:

God said zero about "acts". What're you going to do, start a one-man bedroom police force?

Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Ah, so then you are saying the loving relatio nships of LGBT couples are just as good as those of heterosexual couples, then?

I don't have to. God hasn't given a prohibition against loving anyone.

Then perhaps the best course of action for you is to cease exercising judgment against LGBTs as you have in your posts here.

Then perhaps the best course of action is for you to cease pushing that lie that I have exercised judgment against LGBTS. I have spoken to the ACTS. So once again, either put up proof or retract your lie.

That's your decision. If there's a coworker marying someone of the same gender you will then be contributing just as much for the office gift as you would if they were heterosexual and marrying then?

Nope. Heterosexuals can enter a God ordained marriage covenant. Homosexuals cannot. So don't plan on seeing me endorse anything that GOD does not.

You don't "have" to tell the LGBTs that either. To do so is conscious decision which is at essence an antisocial act.

In accordance with God's Word, I do. Read your Bible.

18 When I say to a wicked man, 'You will surely die,' and you do not warn him or speak out to dissuade him from his evil ways in order to save his life, that wicked man will die for [a] his sin, and I will hold you accountable for his blood. 19 But if you do warn the wicked man and he does not turn from his wickedness or from his evil ways, he will die for his sin; but you will have saved yourself.
20 "Again, when a righteous man turns from his righteousness and does evil, and I put a stumbling block before him, he will die. Since you did not warn him, he will die for his sin. The righteous things he did will not be remembered, and I will hold you accountable for his blood. 21 But if you do warn the righteous man not to sin and he does not sin, he will surely live because he took warning, and you will have saved yourself."
Ezekiel 3:18-21

2 Timothy 3:16
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

2 Timothy 4:2
Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction.

So I don't know what it is that YOU think God has called us to correct and rebuke if not sin.

Upvote 0

OllieFranz

Jul 2, 2007
✟23,548.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Wow... that's an extremely narrow way of looking at things. How about living a celibate life and glorifying God in happiness and love???

Do you live a celibate life glorifying God? I doubt it considering the wedding rings on your profile. One of the worst sins, according to the prophets, is to make a commitment to God that you can't keep. And yet you are insisting that your gay bretheren do just that.

And if you are thinking of turning the question back on me, let me answer now. Yes, I do live a celibate life, but not a "committed" one. Each day I glorify God, but I do not plan my life on always being celibate (even though in all likelihood I will remain celibate all my days). Making it a commitment without it being a calling from God to make that commitment will be inviting temptation.

You mean, trivialise the lust they feel for each other?

That is exactly the point. How would you feel if your neighbors trivialized your relationship with your wife simply as lust?
Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.
Matthew 7:12

Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
How're you going to do that? Just wag your finger at same gender couples holding hands?

By doing as God commands. Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction 2 Timothy 4:2

So if you take issue with me correcting wrong behavior as it presents itself, take your complaint to God in prayer.:)

Upvote 0

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't have to. God hasn't given a prohibition against loving anyone.

Ah, so you have changed your position.

Then perhaps the best course of action is for you to cease pushing that lie that I have exercised judgment against LGBTS. I have spoken to the ACTS. So once again, either put up proof or retract your lie.

Such "acts" are private matters which are not your concern.

Nope. Heterosexuals can enter a God ordained marriage covenant. Homosexuals cannot. So don't plan on seeing me endorse anything that GOD does not.

You are incapable of knowing what God endorses or not. He doesn't endorse political candidates either BTW. You cannot determine another's qualifications for marriage.

In accordance with God's Word, I do. Read your Bible.

18 When I say to a wicked man, 'You will surely die,' and you do not warn him or speak out to dissuade him from his evil ways in order to save his life, that wicked man will die for [a] his sin, and I will hold you accountable for his blood. 19 But if you do warn the wicked man and he does not turn from his wickedness or from his evil ways, he will die for his sin; but you will have saved yourself.
20 "Again, when a righteous man turns from his righteousness and does evil, and I put a stumbling block before him, he will die. Since you did not warn him, he will die for his sin. The righteous things he did will not be remembered, and I will hold you accountable for his blood. 21 But if you do warn the righteous man not to sin and he does not sin, he will surely live because he took warning, and you will have saved yourself." Ezekiel 3:18-21

2 Timothy 3:16
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

2 Timothy 4:2
Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction.

So I don't know what it is that YOU think God has called us to correct and rebuke if not sin.

None of these passages are applicable to the subject matter.

Upvote 0

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
By doing as God commands. Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction 2 Timothy 4:2

So if you take issue with me correcting wrong behavior as it presents itself, take your complaint to God in prayer.:)

It is not your place to seek to have "wrong behavior" presented to yourself. Surely others' relationships are not of your concern.

I pray for your reconciliation and deliverance from the judging of others. I pray you learn to look in the mirror and not out the window.

Upvote 0

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Take it to God in prayer. Every sin invoves an ACT because every sin is an ACT of disobedience.

It is not your place to involve yourself in others' struggles.

You are not qualified to judge others as you do here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Ah, so you have changed your position.

My position is the same as it always has been. You've just been telling lies about said position because that's what you thought it was.

God doesn't have a prohibition against folks loving one another.

Such "acts" are private matters which are not your concern.

If a husband is beating his wife inside the home, is it my concern?
How about a parent shooting their kid up with dope? Should that be my concern?

Your problem is that you like to pick and choose the things that YOU think should concern Christians. I prefer to adhere to the Word of God in pointing out ALL wrongdoing and using His Word to correct it.

You are incapable of knowing what God endorses or not. He doesn't endorse political candidates either BTW.

YOU might be incapable. I have His Word. I know what HE endorses.:)

You cannot determine another's qualifications for marriage.

I don't have to. God has given His.

None of these passages are applicable to the subject matter.

Sure they do. You said I don't have the right. Well God's Word makes it clear that I do. You can ignore it. Doesn't change the fact that God's Word is right and YOU are wrong.

So if you want to disobey His commands, freely do so. I'll continue to adhere to His Word and point out the sinful acts of LGBTs as sinful.

Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
It is not your place to seek to have "wrong behavior" presented to yourself.

Wrong behavior has a way of bringing itself to your doorstep and attempting to legitimize itself as right behavior.

Surely others' relationships are not of your concern.

Surely they are. They may not be to you. But it would be impossible for me to be on God's Great Commission without a concern for other's relationships.

I pray for your reconciliation and deliverance from the judging of others. I pray you learn to look in the mirror and not out the window.

And shall Jesus Christ rebuke your prayer against obedience to His Word. I certainly don't seek the prayers of those who pray against what God commands.

Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
It is not your place to involve yourself in others' struggles.

36"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" 37Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' 38This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'[c] 40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments. Matthew 22:36-40

If I love my neighbor as myself, why would I concern myself with my struggles while not concerning myself with my neighbor's struggles? <edit> Are all your responses based in emotion?

You are not qualified to judge others as you do here.

2Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if you are to judge the world, are you not competent to judge trivial cases? 3Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life! 1 Cor. 6:2-3

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
If a husband and wife are engaging in BSDM inside the home, is it your concern?

I'm not as hip as you. You're gonna have to tell me what BSDM is.:D

What about if they are engaging in "Christian domestic discipline?" Is that your concern?

I don't encourage people to discipline themselves in accordance with anything but the FULL COUNSEL of GOD's WORD.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KCKID

Jan 12, 2008
Australia
✟4,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't encourage people to discipline themselves in accordance with anything but the FULL COUNSEL of GOD's WORD.

Zaac, would you say that being a Bible fanatic reduces one's ability to see the bigger picture since they view the world through a narrow 'black and white' lens? Would you say that being a Bible fanatic creates a situation where one might be led to disengage their God-given reasoning abilities by replacing same with 'religious words'? Would you say that being a Bible fanatic might be fraught with danger since it becomes a form of mind control?

Would you say that you're a Bible fanatic, Zaac?

Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Zaac, would you say that being a Bible fanatic reduces one's ability to see the bigger picture since they view the world through a narrow 'black and white' lens? Would you say that being a Bible fanatic creates a situation where one might be led to disengage their God-given reasoning abilities by replacing same with 'religious words'? Would you say that being a Bible fanatic might be fraught with danger since it becomes a form of mind control?

Would you say that you're a Bible fanatic, Zaac?

I would say that being called a Bible fanatic is a compliment. It is the Word of God. And like the Psalmist, I love God's Word. :thumbsup:

What I would say is that folks who don't stand on God's Word as given in His Holy Bible are always confused and constantly trying to justify sin for one cause or another.

Life is so much simpler when you trust God and the Word He has given in His Holy Bible as absolute.

Upvote 0

KCKID

Jan 12, 2008
Australia
✟4,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would say that being called a Bible fanatic is a compliment. It is the Word of God. And like the Psalmist, I love God's Word. :thumbsup:

What I would say is that folks who don't stand on God's Word as given in His Holy Bible are always confused and constantly trying to justify sin for one cause or another.

Life is so much simpler when you trust God and the Word He has given in His Holy Bible as absolute.

The problem is that the 'negatives' I mentioned also apply to Bible fanatics. It is NOT a compliment, Zaac. And, you know what? . . .I feel that I was prompted by God to post what I posted.

Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
The problem is that the 'negatives' I mentioned also apply to Bible fanatics.

Lemonade . You think it's an insult. I don't have a problem being called a Bible fanatic. It's the Word of God and I'm fanatic about it. :)

It is NOT a compliment, Zaac. And, you know what? . . .I feel that I was prompted by God to post what I posted.

Well I am being prompted by the Holy Spirit to tell ya that's a lie. If it's not a compliment, it has to be an insult. And as my Bible says 29Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph. 4:29

And since the spirit that you say told you to write that is at odds with God's Word, it ain't of God.:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Jase

Feb 20, 2003
✟10,432.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
36"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" 37Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' 38This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'[c] 40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments. Matthew 22:36-40

If I love my neighbor as myself, why would I concern myself with my struggles while not concerning myself with my neighbor's struggles? Do you ever say anything that is in accordance with God's Word, or are all your responses based in emotion?
Do you consider your holier-than-thou attitude to be "loving your neighbor"? Your self-righteousness isn't for the good of others, it's only for yourself.

2Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if you are to judge the world, are you not competent to judge trivial cases? 3Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life!
1 Cor. 6:2-3
You aren't a Saint.

Upvote 0