the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...ttacks-in-week-following-terror-a6744376.html

Men verbally attacking and threatening girls and women. Such bravery. Who is the terrorist here?

Most victims of the UK hate crimes were Muslim girls and women aged from 14 to 45 in traditional Islamic dress. The perpetrators were mainly white males aged from 15 to 35.

“The vast and overwhelming majority of the victims are visible Muslim women between the ages of 14-45,” the report states. “This is concerning since the cases show that women who wear the hijab are the ones being targeted for general abuse and threats.

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
Yea, target the people who already suffer more than anyone under that religion. Real smart.

"More than anyone"? They're still alive, aren't they?

Last time I checked Muslim terrorists had killed several people in Paris?

Upvote 0

HannahT

Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟458,831.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...ttacks-in-week-following-terror-a6744376.html

Men verbally attacking and threatening girls and women. Such bravery. Who is the terrorist here?

Yet, there are reports of them doing this daily - and regularly - and have forever within their home countries. Its normal, everyday assault and perfectly normal...all in the name of honor.

I'm not sure you can compare that to majority of those in the same country in which some jerks allowed their angry to spill over onto these women.

You can have them arrested in one part of the world, and yet its ignored completely in others.

I see bullies not terrorists in that article. I'm not going to even allow myself to label what I call the animals in their families country of origin.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
British white men and boys are in ISIS?

No, simply that assault, even racially motivated assault, is not terrorism.

There is definitely an overlap in attitudes, perhaps, in that both ISIS and these assailants think it's fine to judge a whole group based on the actions of a few, or their representatives in governments in other countries.

Beyond that, giving a few Muslim girls on the train a hard time in isolated incident is nowhere near comparable to long-term organised terror campaigns.

Upvote 0

Oafman

Try telling that to these bog brained murphys
Dec 19, 2012
Malice
✟28,559.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
I'm afraid that, as well integrated as most British communities are, we still have far too many of such 'heroes', taking the fight to ISIS, one offensive rant against women and children at a time.

But this sort of incident remains thankfully rare. I have certainly never seen anything like the stories in that article. I would be horrified. These people act in a very un-British way; tolerance is one of our defining values.

Reactions: Hetta
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
Yet, there are reports of them doing this daily - and regularly - and have forever within their home countries. Its normal, everyday assault and perfectly normal...all in the name of honor.

Yes, and if that's "terrorism", then ironically Hetta is implying that most Muslim countries are terrorist ones.

Which I hear is a bit problematic these days.

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I'm afraid that, as well integrated as most British communities are, we still have far too many of such 'heroes', taking the fight to ISIS, one offensive rant against women and children at a time.

But this sort of incident remains thankfully rare. I have certainly never seen anything like the stories in that article. I would be horrified. These people act in a very un-British way; tolerance is one of our defining values.
Good to know. I wasn't intending this to be anti-British, btw.

Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
"A few" Muslim girls. So is that there aren't thousands, or they aren't white, or it's just "a hard time" that makes it okay?

Where did I say anything about this being ok? Point it out.

My point is that calling isolated incidents of assault "terrorism" (as opposed to, you know, a handful of people working for a rather questionable organisation all donning suicide belts and shooting up a stadium) is utterly facile.

Those girls are nonetheless still alive. Those people in that stadium are not.

<staff edit>

No, that won't help.

Pretending it's "terrorism" as some kind of virtue-signalling exercise isn't going to help either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Why would they not convert?

If they haven't done so already, they're getting a pretty clear message that they wouldn't be very welcome into the fold... besides, you'd be amazed how many ignorant people out there think it's not possible for a Muslim to convert.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HannahT

Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟458,831.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If they haven't done so already, they're getting a pretty clear message that they wouldn't be very welcome into the fold... besides, you'd be amazed how many ignorant people out there think it's not possible for a Muslim to convert.

lol they need to go to youtube then! They promote those stories all the time. (shrugs) At the same time? I acknowledge you point too.

Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
If they haven't done so already, they're getting a pretty clear message that they wouldn't be very welcome into the fold...

In order to do that, they'd have to be thinking that all British whites (for want of a better descriptor, we don't even know what belief/non-belief these guys were that these girls are meant to convert to) are represented by one negative experience they've had with one guy.

Isn't that sort of thinking wrong when white people do that with Muslims?

Reactions: seashale76
Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Where did I say anything about this being ok? Point it out.
You have a casual attitude to the attacks on these girls. The words "they're still alive aren't they" is all I need to know that it doesn't mean much to you that they were terrified.
My point is that calling isolated incidents of assault "terrorism" (as opposed to, you know, a handful of people working for a rather questionable organisation all donning suicide belts and shooting up a stadium) is utterly facile.

Those girls are nonetheless still alive. Those people in that stadium are not.

No, that won't help.

Pretending it's "terrorism" as some kind of virtue-signalling exercise isn't going to help either.
So is it the use of guns, or the fact that it was done in a stadium that makes it terrorism? I thought that terrorism was about instilling terror in others. I think that these girls/women and their children, and other Muslim females (and young boys, and maybe some men) who hear or read about these attacks are very probably terrified.

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
But why should they convert anyway? Freedom of religion, right?

Upvote 0