✟8,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The title of the book is, "The Revelation of Jesus Christ."

What emphasis are we to place upon the proper name of our Lord? First it makes us aware of the person under discussion, the book is a revealing of Jesus Christ and Him alone. Everything comes from Him, points to Him, begins, and ends with Him.

In this name Jesus we are introduced to His first office, that of Savior. The name Joshua in Hebrew, Jesus in English, is used mostly in the narrative of the Gospels, and rarely appears in any direct address.

After His introduction, the book moves on to the churches, revealing his correction, and chastening to the church. In His own words, we are made aware of His patience, blessings, and justice. In the chapters that follow, His judgments and finally the glories of His kingdom are revealed.

What importance does the name Jesus have when used alone, and what does it mean when the title Christ is added to His name Jesus? Jesus and Christ are mentioned together for the first time in Matt.1:1.

Jesus means Savior! So He is the Savior of what? His claim is that He alone is the Savior of the world. As Savior, Christian's are brought into a spiritual union with Him. In Him is our incentive to holy living, and the promise of the transformation of our bodies. We wait patiently for Jesus return and for the fulfillment of all things written in this book.

Christ means, the "Anointed one." He was anointed, meaning sealed with the Holy Spirit at His baptism. At the river Jordan a miraculous event occurred, and was witnessed by many. Jesus was sealed by the Holy Spirit as Messiah.

In this there can be no mistake, no opportunity for anyone other than Jesus to make, and prove this claim. The nail prints in His hands also mark His physical person as the Christ, the suffering servant. Anointed of God, and marked by man.

As teacher, Jesus had a message for His disciples and for us today, "Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ."

The title Christ is often emphasized with the definite article "The," which gives emphasis to the phrase, "The promised Messiah." He is the Anointed One. He alone represents His people as King, High Priest, and Prophet.

In Rev.2, John reminds us that the angel sent by God, joined with his own eye-witness, and that of the Holy Spirit, each bearing record of this testimony of Jesus Christ.

There shall be no further Revelations concerning Jesus Christ, and no future eye-witness are to come forward concerning His crucificition and resurrection.

Phil LaSpino

Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
near Olympic National Park
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You have introduced the title Christ more than the book...

I'm curious about the spelling crucificition. A crucifiction would be a fantasy crucifixion. And a crucifictician would be a person who who believes that it is fantasy. But I'm not sure what yours would mean.

Anyway, your summary might be a bit better if spoke directly about conditions of its original recipients. Who do you think they were?

Upvote 0

PhillipLaSpino

Achieve; don’t plunder!
Nov 17, 2007
U.S.A.
✟8,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Interplanner wrote, "You have introduced the title Christ more than the book..."

Phil replies, "Of course, the book of Revelation is about Jesus Christ." Opening verse,

"The Revelation of Jesus Christ."

More will follow, all I am attempting to do is lay a proper foundation, so we as Christian's will STOP all this bickering about the who, what, where's and when's of his book! It's an easy book to understand if you start at the beginning and work forward.

"We must see with our own eyes, and think with our own brain, and in doing so we will be able to reason together.

Phil

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,795.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Interplanner wrote, "You have introduced the title Christ more than the book..."

Phil replies, "Of course, the book of Revelation is about Jesus Christ." Opening verse,

"The Revelation of Jesus Christ."

More will follow, all I am attempting to do is lay a proper foundation, so we as Christian's will STOP all this bickering about the who, what, where's and when's of his book! It's an easy book to understand if you start at the beginning and work forward.

"We must see with our own eyes, and think with our own brain, and in doing so we will be able to reason together.

Phil

Hi Phil, Revelation is not an easy book to understand. Just the opposite, it is hard to understand.

It not possible to alleviate, stop, disagreement regarding the
the who, what, where's and when's of his book- because Christians here have different views on interpreting it.

Inter's eschatology view drives me crazy - but we must defend his ( and our) right to have his (and our) views and express those - because freedom of thought is paramount to free will. We can present our arguments pro and against other Christians views here, maybe persuade them, maybe not. The bottom line is that we are not robots and group think is a sign of mind control and we don't want to go down that path.

Yoggi Berra said, When you come to a fork in the road, take it.
:).

Please continue with making your case.

Doug

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,795.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
There shall be no further Revelations concerning Jesus Christ, and no future eye-witness are to come forward concerning His crucificition and resurrection. Phil LaSpino

Hi Phil,

Revelation 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

"The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him," We have to consider what does that actually mean? Does it mean that God revealed to Jesus future events? No, it can't mean that because Jesus is God, the Lord of Heaven.

What it means is that God has chosen to bestow great Glory on Jesus - at His Return, to the entire world - no doubting of who Jesus is at that time.

In parallel, we can look back to Mt. Sinai, and God revealing Himself to the Children of Israel, although veiled in the cloud covering the mount. The Jews called that event the national revelation.

The contents of the Book of Revelation, John is given a view of all the events leading up that Glorious Revealing of Jesus to the world, as King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

In that context, there is nothing to be added to that book. Because it says so in Revelation 22:18-19.

Doug

Upvote 0

Bar Melek

Nov 15, 2013
✟7,702.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Martin Luther questioned whether or not Revelation really belonged in the Bible.

He made a mistake. No one's perfect. He changed his mind when he got older.

Martin Luther also wrote a book called, "On the Jews and Their Lies". Maybe you should read it. I have. He wrote it later in his life, only three years before he died.

Upvote 0

Bar Melek

Nov 15, 2013
✟7,702.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The book of the Revelation has to do with the fulfillment of OT prophecies pertaining to the nation of Israel. The Church, the Body of Christ will have already been raptured to heaven prior to these events happening on earth.

The modern nation of Israel is an anti-christ nation built on deceit and fraud. It is a counterfeit. Most modern Jews are not descended from Biblical Israelites. All this Judeo-Christian, Christian Zionist mumbo-jumbo we were taught in churches and by so-called Christian radio and television programs are all lies straight from the pit of hell.

Two of the few prophecies in Revelation that have to do with the modern state of Israel are 2:9 and 3:9, concerning those who say they are Jews but are lying, the "synagogue of Satan".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bar Melek

Nov 15, 2013
✟7,702.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
By the way, Phillip is right that Jesus' Hebrew name is Joshua, pronounced Yahshua in Hebrew. I'd give you a link to prove that, but I can't yet. And, unfortunately, Facebook is still down (or at least I can't access it), otherwise I would tell you to go to my page and find a Note I wrote called the Name of God. I also have detailed notes on Facebook which provide all the Biblical and historical evidence for the real identity of the so-called modern Jews.

Upvote 0

Bar Melek

Nov 15, 2013
✟7,702.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Though I would say that, in order to really understand Revelation, it requires a good understanding of the whole Bible. Using a Strong's Concordance doesn't hurt either. Not to mention the Holy Spirit to help us understand it, but that should almost go without saying for Christians.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,795.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The modern nation of Israel is an anti-christ nation built on deceit and fraud. It is a counterfeit. Most modern Jews are not descended from Biblical Israelites. All this Judeo-Christian, Christian Zionist mumbo-jumbo we were taught in churches and by so-called Christian radio and television programs are all lies straight from the pit of hell.

Two of the few prophecies in Revelation that have to do with the modern state of Israel are 2:9 and 3:9, concerning those who say they are Jews but are lying, the "synagogue of Satan".

At a couple of Jewish sites I have frequented, the Jews themselves don't know their family tree lineage - so on what basis do you make your statements that you or some-else knows?

I mean going into individual family tree of each Jew in Israel, that information is available and has been researched by who?

Doug

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dispy

Veteran
Jan 16, 2004
South Dakota
✟4,680.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Believe what you wish, but I stand on what I have posted.

Upvote 0

PhillipLaSpino

Achieve; don’t plunder!
Nov 17, 2007
U.S.A.
✟8,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Dougg wrote, "It not possible to alleviate, stop, disagreement regarding the the who, what, where's and when's of his book- because Christians here have different views on interpreting it."

Phil replies, "First of all thanks for your comments, most of which I agree with except one. Now my approach to any doctrine or teaching in the Scriptures is simple.

My approach to the Scriptures is simple, because I am a simple man (sometimes!)" I am of the understanding that ALL SCRIPTURE inspired of God, and without error. Because the N.T. is but a continuation of the Old, a full understanding of the teachings of the old is absolutely necessary.

Also I am a word fanatic; each word used is of the utmost importance. God is the author of all languages and in this He knows exactly what word/words were to be used.

And the most important thing is, we Christians have one teacher, that being the Holy Spirit. With his guidance, an an open mind anyone will continue learning; to correct wrong thinking; be patience in our lack of understanding until the truth is revealed, bring in every verse that pertains to a subject, think about everything, don't jump to conclusions; than and only than can we come to the truth on any subject, this includes the Book of Revelation.

Yoggi Berra said, When you come to a fork in the road, take it.
:).

I remember him well, grew up with "them thar Yankee's" Let me add to what he said, "When you come to a fork in the road, take it, and when you come to the place your going, make a left!

Bar-Melek, thanks for your comments!

Phil

Upvote 0

Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
near Olympic National Park
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
BarMelek,
you have an interesting position, but I'm stuck on one comment: that there are 2 passages that have to do with modern Israel, Rev 2 and 3, which identify Jews who are not Jews.

The problem is the modernity. What is your basis for thinking this is modern? You have 1st century sites named in Rev 2 & 3. Are we to go to those sites today and find the false Jews you are refering to? If not, why not?

Upvote 0

Bar Melek

Nov 15, 2013
✟7,702.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
At a couple of Jewish sites I have frequented, the Jews themselves don't know their family tree lineage - so on what basis do you make your statements that you or some-else knows?

I mean going into individual family tree of each Jew in Israel, that information is available and has been researched by who?

Doug

Research

Arthur Koestler (Hungarian-British Jew)

The Thirteenth Tribe

New DNA proves Khazar

New genetic research proves Khazar ancestry

New DNA Khazar Jewish Daily Forward

Upvote 0

Bar Melek

Nov 15, 2013
✟7,702.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
BarMelek,
you have an interesting position, but I'm stuck on one comment: that there are 2 passages that have to do with modern Israel, Rev 2 and 3, which identify Jews who are not Jews.

The problem is the modernity. What is your basis for thinking this is modern? You have 1st century sites named in Rev 2 & 3. Are we to go to those sites today and find the false Jews you are refering to? If not, why not?

Wherever there are modern 'Jewish' communities you will find false Jews. And there were false Jews over a hundred years before Jesus Christ was born.

The Edomites were forcefully converted after being conquered by the Israelites under John Hyrcanus.

Revelation is a book of prophecy written by the direction of the Holy Spirit of truth. My primary basis for believing anything about it at all is that I am a Christian, a son of God, a saint and a soldier of Christ, and I have the holy spirit to guide me into all truth.

Upvote 0