Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We see Paul in the book of Acts, before his conversion by his encounter with the Messiah, persecuting Christians, believers of Yahushua the Messiah of Nazareth. As we will see, Paul sought out Christians in the synagogues in Damascus, Jerusalem and other cities

Paul was viciously persecuting believers of the Messiah. It was so bad, he was trying to imprison and put to death believers of Yahushua the Messiah. This is right before his trip to Damascus, where he encountered the Messiah. He was going to seek out believers of The Way(the true original Christians), who were in synagogues

Acts 9:1-2 NIV
Meanwhile, Saul was still breathing out murderous threats against the Master's disciples. He went to the high priest and asked him for letters to the synagogues in Damascus, so that if he found any there who belonged to the Way, whether men or women, he might take them as prisoners to Jerusalem.

On his way to Damascus(to persecute Christians in the synagogues), he encountered the Messiah

Acts 9:3 NIV
As he neared Damascus on his journey, suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him.

At another time, Paul was talking to Agrippa and told him how he had Christians put in jail, and he also cosigned their death sentences. He was going to synagogues, not to churches, to search for them. He was specifically searching for believers of The Way. He knew they were there, proving that Christians were indeed attending synagogues at this point in time, not churches.

Acts 26:9-11 NIV
I too was convinced that I ought to do all that was possible to oppose the name of Yahushua of Nazareth.

And that is just what I did in Jerusalem. On the authority of the chief priests I put many of the Master’s people in prison, and when they were put to death, I cast my vote against them.

Many a time I went from one synagogue to another to have them punished, and I tried to force them to blaspheme. I was so obsessed with persecuting them that I even hunted them down in foreign cities.

In Acts 22, Paul confesses directly to the Messiah that everyone knew he was going from synagogue to synagogue beating and imprisoning believers of Yahushua(Christians - The Way). He even confessed his involvement and approval of Stephen's murder

Acts 22:19-20 NIV
When I returned to Jerusalem and was praying at the temple, I fell into a trance and saw Yahushua speaking to me.

‘Quick!’ he said. ‘Leave Jerusalem immediately, because the people here will not accept your testimony about me.’

’Master,’ I replied, ‘these people know that I went from one synagogue to another to imprison and beat those who believe in you.

And when the blood of your martyr Stephen was shed, I stood there giving my approval and guarding the clothes of those who were killing him’.

We have enough scriptural witnesses to prove that the early believers - The Way - the original "Christians", were attending synagogues and not churches

Reactions: tatteredsoul

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟893,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
We see Paul in the book of Acts, before his conversion by his encounter with the Messiah, persecuting Christians, believers of Yahushua the Messiah of Nazareth. As we will see, Paul sought out Christians in the synagogues in Damascus, Jerusalem and other cities

Paul was viciously persecuting believers of the Messiah. It was so bad, he was trying to imprison and put to death believers of Yahushua the Messiah. This is right before his trip to Damascus, where he encountered the Messiah. He was going to seek out believers of The Way(the true original Christians), who were in synagogues

Acts 9:1-2 NIV

On his way to Damascus(to persecute Christians in the synagogues), he encountered the Messiah

Acts 9:3 NIV

At another time, Paul was talking to Agrippa and told him how he had Christians put in jail, and he also cosigned their death sentences. He was going to synagogues, not to churches, to search for them. He was specifically searching for believers of The Way. He knew they were there, proving that Christians were indeed attending synagogues at this point in time, not churches.

Acts 26:9-11 NIV

In Acts 22, Paul confesses directly to the Messiah that everyone knew he was going from synagogue to synagogue beating and imprisoning believers of Yahushua(Christians - The Way). He even confessed his involvement and approval of Stephen's murder

Acts 22:19-20 NIV

We have enough scriptural witnesses to prove that the early believers - The Way - the original "Christians", were attending synagogues and not churches
Well, keep in mind they ONLY had the old testament.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Really?
I was sure they had Y'SHUA ALSO ! ("Whoever Has the SON Has LIFE; Whoever Has Not the SON, Has Not LIFE)

Besides, IN the TORAH is all of the NEW TESTAMENT practically - all there , practically everything Y'SHUA said.

And they had people raised from the dead, many healed of many diseases, demons cast out everyplace (yes, everywhere they went).

All their needs were met. (see this anywhere TODAY?)

Why don't people do so well TODAY ? What with Y'SHUA and the New Testament AND TORAH.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟893,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Really?
I was sure they had Y'SHUA ALSO ! ("Whoever Has the SON Has LIFE; Whoever Has Not the SON, Has Not LIFE)

Besides, IN the TORAH is all of the NEW TESTAMENT practically - all there , practically everything Y'SHUA said.

And they had people raised from the dead, many healed of many diseases, demons cast out everyplace (yes, everywhere they went).

All their needs were met. (see this anywhere TODAY?)

Why don't people do so well TODAY ? What with Y'SHUA and the New Testament AND TORAH.
Well, their Torah is, in fact in our Bible, and churches DO study it. In fact, it is the first five books of our Bible.

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

That's not a bad thing. Are you implying the original/early Christians were incorrectly attending synagogues?

The "New Testament" lines up with the "Old", as we see in my original post

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Well, their Torah is, in fact in our Bible, and churches DO study it. In fact, it is the first five books of our Bible.
Really? They DO study it? (yes, I admit some do at least; maybe many - but
then why DON'T they do it? )

Why DON'T they DO what Y'SHUA says to DO, like the disciples in the New Testament?

Why aren't people healed in most places ?

Why aren't people's needs met in most places ? (instead their needs are increased - burdens put upon them, a lot of oppression in most places if not everyplace)

Any ideas ? Anyone ?

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟893,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
That's not a bad thing. Are you implying the original/early Christians were incorrectly attending synagogues?
No, I thought you were implying that we no longer study the Torah. I am sorry for the misunderstanding.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟893,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Really? They DO study it? (yes, I admit some do at least; maybe many - but
then why DON'T they do it? )

Why DON'T they DO what Y'SHUA says to DO, like the disciples in the New Testament?

Why aren't people healed in most places ?

Why aren't people's needs met in most places ? (instead their needs are increased - burdens put upon them, a lot of oppression in most places if not everyplace)

Any ideas ? Anyone ?
Well, for one thing people are often more dependant on medical equipment ( NOT a bad thing) For another thing, there is a difference in NOT providing for people and expecting them to providing for themselves when they can.

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No, I thought you were implying that we no longer study the Torah. I am sorry for the misunderstanding.
It's okay! I made this thread to prove that Christians did attend synagogues -

I've seen several posts in the past few days saying that "only non-Christian Jews & gentiles attended synagogues" and that "Christians did not attend synagogues".

I believe that Yahushua & His disciples, including Paul, taught Torah :)

• Agree
Reactions: 1John2:4
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟893,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
It's okay! I made this thread to prove that Christians did attend synagogues -

I've seen several posts in the past few days saying that "only non-Christian Jews & gentiles attended synagogues" and that "Christians did not attend synagogues".

I believe that Yahushua & His disciples, including Paul, taught Torah :)
They did, but today people attend church where they preach BOTH; since most Synagogues teach that Jesus has not come or that He is NOT the savior.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Well, for one thing people are often more dependant on medical equipment ( NOT a bad thing) For another thing, there is a difference in NOT providing for people and expecting them to providing for themselves when they can.
The BIBLE says it is a bad thing. Why do you say it is not a bad thing?

In fact, in the places where people depend on YHWH like HE SAYS TO, there is healing.
Where there is unbelief, there is less healing (same as Y'SHUA could not do much in some towns because of their unbelief).

Why bring up "another thing" as if the same challenge was not present in the NEW TESTAMENT time ? They had some who were told "if you don't work, you won't eat".

They did not use that as an excuse to neglect the needs of one another - in fact they put the needs OF OTHERS BEFORE THEIR OWN NEEDS, just as Y'SHUA says to DO.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
They did, but today people attend church where they preach BOTH; since most Synagogues teach that Jesus has not come or that He is NOT the savior.
Right. Much has changed over 2,000 years, unfortunately

Churches today generally do not teach and preach the Torah. Most teach and believe "the law" is done away with, and has no relevance to our lives in 2016.

On the contrary, in the scriptures, we see Christians living a Torah-based lifestyle, attending synagogues on the Sabbath. I think such a big change should cause us to question Christian traditions because it clearly doesn't line up with the scriptures

Reactions: amadeois
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟893,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The BIBLE says it is a bad thing. Why do you say it is not a bad thing?

In fact, in the places where people depend on YHWH like HE SAYS TO, there is healing.
Where there is unbelief, there is less healing (same as Y'SHUA could not do much in some towns because of their unbelief).

Why bring up "another thing" as if the same challenge was not present in the NEW TESTAMENT time ? They had some who were told "if you don't work, you won't eat".

They did not use that as an excuse to neglect the needs of one another - in fact they put the needs OF OTHERS BEFORE THEIR OWN NEEDS, just as Y'SHUA says to DO.
Why do I say that using medicine is NOT a bad thing? Are you asking me that question? I am just making sure I understand? God also says that we are to provide for our own. If you CANNOT that is one thing, BUT if you WILL not then people are not required to help you meet your needs. There IS a difference.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟893,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Right. Much has changed over 2,000 years, unfortunately

Churches today generally do not teach and preach the Torah. Most teach and believe "the law" is done away with, and has no relevance to our lives in 2016.

On the contrary, in the scriptures, we see Christians living a Torah-based lifestyle, attending synagogues on the Sabbath. I think such a big change should cause us to question Christian traditions because it clearly doesn't line up with the scriptures
The Bible says that we are not under the law, but under grace. This does not mean that Christians MAY not follow a Torah lifestyle, but rather that doing so will not save them.

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Bible says that we are not under the law, but under grace. This does not mean that Christians MAY not follow a Torah lifestyle, but rather that doing so will not save them.
Let's try to stay on topic - we can start another thread on what "under the law" means.

We are saved through faith in Yahushua the Messiah - this doesn't mean you don't obey God's commands

In fact, Yahushua taught and preached obedience to God & His commands.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟893,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Let's try to stay on topic - we can start another thread on what "under the law" means.

We are saved through faith in Yahushua the Messiah - this doesn't mean you don't obey God's commands

In fact, Yahushua taught and preached obedience to God & His commands.
I am confused. I was thinking that under the law was not off topic; since this is a forum about the law.

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am confused. I was thinking that under the law was not off topic; since this is a forum about the law.
I'm talking about off topic for this thread - this is a forum about law, but this topic is not about being under the law. It's about early Christians being Torah observant

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟893,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm talking about off topic for this thread - this is a forum about law, but this topic is not about being under the law. It's about early Christians being Torah observant
Today one there are some areas in which it is literally impractical if not illegal to be Torah observant. In others, it s easy to do it for the wrong reasons. Moreover, much of the Torah is about being seperate from the world which today looks different than it did back then.

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yahushua taught obedience to God.

Mark 12:28-34 NLT
One of the teachers of religious law was standing there listening to the debate. He realized that Yahushua had answered well, so he asked, “Of all the commandments, which is the most important?”

Yahushua replied, “The most important commandment is this: ‘Listen, O Israel! YAH our Elohim is one. And you must love YAH your Elohim with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength.’ The second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ No other commandment is greater than these.”

The teacher of religious law replied, “Well said, Teacher. You have spoken the truth by saying that there is only one Elohim and no other. And I know it is important to love him with all my heart and all my understanding and all my strength, and to love my neighbor as myself. This is more important than to offer all of the burnt offerings and sacrifices required in the law.”

Realizing how much the man understood, Yahushua said to him, “You are not far from the Kingdom of Elohim.” And after that, no one dared to ask him any more questions.”

Obeying God = obeying His commands

Upvote 0