• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

The Bipolar Happy Thread (non-manic happy of course!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

alaurie

Welcome, Preston!!!
Feb 21, 2004
✟11,556.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Most of our threads are started for un-fun reasons ...which is okay and what the subforum is here for. But I thought it might be helpful to start a thread dedicated to the positive. Progress, praises, fellowship, humour - anything we can share to encourage a smile. A place to remind us on days when reading the harder stuff is just not bearable, that there are contented and even joyful times.

alaurie

Welcome, Preston!!!
Feb 21, 2004
✟11,556.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Birthday4.gif

So I'll start :) ....By wishing a wonderful birthday to my dear friend, Laurel Crowned. May God bless you! :hug:

Love,
A

Upvote 0

Laurel Crowned

Veteran
Feb 11, 2004
Hawaii
✟10,528.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Allye said:
Most of our threads are started for un-fun reasons ...which is okay and what the subforum is here for. But I thought it might be helpful to start a thread dedicated to the positive. Progress, praises, fellowship, humour - anything we can share to encourage a smile. A place to remind us on days when reading the harder stuff is just not bearable, that there are contented and even joyful times.

Allye!

I was just thinking the same thing yesterday when I was typing a post here. My post dealt with things I'm learning in my Rapid Symptom Reduction support group (RSR). It's about confronting negative thoughts with truth or positive thoughts. I struggle with the positive thoughts so I thought a thread where I looked for the positive of each day would be good. They have us do this in group. The have us fill out something called a "Star Chart" which goes along with your idea for this thread. I'll make another post of something good from yesterday.

Peace,
LC

Upvote 0

Laurel Crowned

Veteran
Feb 11, 2004
Hawaii
✟10,528.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yesterday Aussie_Gareth and I went to Angel Island. I didn't get lost getting there. I didn't let traffic bother me. :) The island was beautiful and I got to see lots of deer. The guided tram tour was very informative. The view from shore was BEAUTIFUL. The history behind the island was surprising. I would LOVE to go back some day.

Top 5 Reasons I'm Thankful: :thumbsup:

1. I was able to just sit and worship in the sanctuary of my church the other day.

2. My mom is in better spirits, if not better health.

3. I didn't have to stress out about not having a job this summer.

4. The drama with my suspended license ended w/o me totally freaking out.

5. I like my new MD, my therapist, and my RSR group.

*ok... no.6, after years of not believing I'd live past age 30... and all my suicidal thoughts and attempts... I'm celebrating my 36th birthday. :clap:

Praise God! :bow:

Upvote 0

Laurel Crowned

Veteran
Feb 11, 2004
Hawaii
✟10,528.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
OK ALLYE!

You can't start a happy slappy thread and not post again!!! There has got to be SOMETHING good going on for you... and EVERYONE ELSE WHO POSTS IN THE BIPOLAR THREAD. Let's hear from people. :)

Even if it's as simple as being happy to have CF or you dog licked you in the face... or your boss didn't notice you were 15 minutes late. C'mon people share the joy. :D Otherwise I will feel like I'm talking to myself... which is not a bad thing since I do it all the time... but why spend time posting to myself, eh?

My Good for the Day:

My neighborhood is SILENT. No kids on scooters, no loud music from my next door neighbor, no Harley noise from my landlord... just the gentle sound of the breeze and the hum of distant traffic. Peace and QUIET!! Can I get an "amen?" :amen:

I've got LAMB CHOPS cooking. I developed a love relationship w/lamb when I was a missionary in Australia. YUMMMMM. :bow: Praise God for THE LAMB... and all those random little lambs that end up in my oven. :bow:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

alaurie

Welcome, Preston!!!
Feb 21, 2004
✟11,556.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Laurel Crowned said:
OK ALLYE!

You can't start a happy slappy thread and not post again!!!

Ooooooooh, and is the schoolteacher coming out in her or what!?! ;)

I do have a happy. I got the chance yesterday to see God's grace in action with a friend. She sinned a while back, it came back to haunt her, and Christian friends showed her grace and unconditional love. Praise Him! :clap:

Upvote 0

Laurel Crowned

Veteran
Feb 11, 2004
Hawaii
✟10,528.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
drfeelgood said:
I'm having a wonderful day.. It started a little bit on the high side, but taking my medication calmed me down a bit. Now I'm just enjoying the rest of this beautiful day.

Woo Hoo! Three cheers for God for Meds!!! :bow:

What was the most beautiful aspect of your day?

LC

Upvote 0

Laurel Crowned

Veteran
Feb 11, 2004
Hawaii
✟10,528.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Allye said:
Ooooooooh, and is the schoolteacher coming out in her or what!?! ;)

I do have a happy. I got the chance yesterday to see God's grace in action with a friend. She sinned a while back, it came back to haunt her, and Christian friends showed her grace and unconditional love. Praise Him! :clap:

Allye,

School teacher??? You know it. Always making sure people turn in their work. ;) I'm glad you started this thread. It's making me try to remember the good instead of just letting all memory of it slip away. :)

Peace,
LC

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SirKenin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2003
from the deepest inner mind to the outer limits
✟9,370.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Laurel Crowned said:
Woo Hoo! Three cheers for God for Meds!!! :bow:

What was the most beautiful aspect of your day?

LC
The weather.. Definitely the weather. I went out and bought a video game. I also had a friend over and I made a good trade for a cool toy for my computer.

That, and most importantly I've really enjoyed the time spent with my g/f today. I love her to pieces.

Upvote 0

Laurel Crowned

Veteran
Feb 11, 2004
Hawaii
✟10,528.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
drfeelgood said:
The weather.. Definitely the weather. I went out and bought a video game. I also had a friend over and I made a good trade for a cool toy for my computer.

That, and most importantly I've really enjoyed the time spent with my g/f today. I love her to pieces.

How many pieces??? ;)

Another happy for me today? I met Aussie_Gareth online via CF. I love him to pieces too. Only about 7 or 8 pieces though. Makes for easy storage. ;)

Upvote 0

alaurie

Welcome, Preston!!!
Feb 21, 2004
✟11,556.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Laurel Crowned said:
Hey Allye,

In all this time that I've known you... I don't think I've ever read your journal. Do you keep a journal on CF? If so what's it called?

LC
I don't have one here. I journel occasionally on paper but it's pretty incoherent, stream-of-consciousness type journeling which is most effective for me. If I did it here it would slow me down too much. The real-deal writing about my feelings when I've got something major going on - pen to paper- is relaxing to me. Computer screens aren't.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.