The bible teaches that every person is saved, so who is going to hell? (MOVED)

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Psalms 22:25-31
From you comes the theme of my praise in the great assembly;
before those who fear you I will fulfill my vows.
The poor will eat and be satisfied;
those who seek the Lord will praise him—
may your hearts live forever!

All the ends of the earth
will remember and turn to the Lord,
and all the families of the nations
will bow down before him,
for dominion belongs to the Lord
and he rules over the nations.

All the rich of the earth will feast and worship;
all who go down to the dust will kneel before him
those who cannot keep themselves alive.:clap::clap::clap:

Posterity will serve him;
future generations will be told about the Lord.
They will proclaim his righteousness,
declaring to a people yet unborn:
He has done it!:bow::bow::bow:

Romans 5:18
Consequently, just as one trespass resulted in condemnation for all people, so also one righteous act resulted in justification and life for all people.:clap::clap::clap:

1 Timothy 4:9-10
This is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance. That is why we labor and strive, because we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all people, and especially of those who believe.:clap::clap::clap:

Colossians 1:19-20
For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.:bow::bow::bow:

How are we to understand this when it says in the book of Revelation that everyone who has ever lived shall be judged according to what they have done?

Revelation 20:11-15
Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. The earth and the heavens fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done. Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What does Jesus say about this time?

Matthew 24:36-44
But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.

“Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.

Are people saved fifty fifty then? This understanding would mean that the bible is speaking no sense elsewhere.

However isn't it true that the bible is a spiritual book? 1 Corinthians 2:13-14. It teaches us about the wicked dwelling in our hearts. This causes us to have times that we do good things and times that we do bad things. A good us and a bad us living in one heart? Is that not what happened when we ate the fruit of good and evil? (Adam and Eve had two sons, Abel the righteous one murdered by Cain the evil one.)

The truth of evil in our lives is that it kills, oppresses, imprisons and tortures good (true us) within when we heed lying tongue of Satan and creates untrue us to run rampant within us. However when Jesus, The Truth, walks into our lives then untrue us begins to die, and becomes loathsome in our eyes, and true us comes back to life again and rules our heart and mind with Christ.

Isaiah 57

The righteous perish,
and no one takes it to heart
;:prayer::prayer::prayer:
the devout are taken away,
and no one understands
that the righteous are taken away
to be spared from evil.
Those who walk uprightly
enter into peace;
they find rest as they lie in death.:bow::bow::bow:

But you—come here, you children of a sorceress,
you offspring of adulterers and prostitutes!
Who are you mocking?
At whom do you sneer
and stick out your tongue?
Are you not a brood of rebels,
the offspring of liars
?:preach::preach::preach:
You burn with lust among the oaks
and under every spreading tree;
you sacrifice your children in the ravines
and under the overhanging crags.
The idols among the smooth stones of the ravines are your portion;
indeed, they are your lot.
Yes, to them you have poured out drink offerings
and offered grain offerings.
In view of all this, should I relent?
You have made your bed on a high and lofty hill;
there you went up to offer your sacrifices.
Behind your doors and your doorposts
you have put your pagan symbols.
Forsaking me, you uncovered your bed,
you climbed into it and opened it wide;
you made a pact with those whose beds you love,
and you looked with lust on their naked bodies.
You went to Molek with olive oil
and increased your perfumes.
You sent your ambassadors far away;
you descended to the very realm of the dead!
You wearied yourself by such going about,
but you would not say, ‘It is hopeless.’
You found renewal of your strength,
and so you did not faint.

“Whom have you so dreaded and feared
that you have not been true to me,
and have neither remembered me
nor taken this to heart?
Is it not because I have long been silent
that you do not fear me?
I will expose your righteousness and your works,
and they will not benefit you.
When you cry out for help,
let your collection of idols save you!
The wind will carry all of them off,
a mere breath will blow them away.
But whoever takes refuge in me
will inherit the land
and possess my holy mountain.”

And it will be said:

“Build up, build up, prepare the road!
Remove the obstacles out of the way of my people.”
For this is what the high and exalted One says—
he who lives forever, whose name is holy:
“I live in a high and holy place,
but also with the one who is contrite and lowly in spirit,
to revive the spirit of the lowly
and to revive the heart of the contrite.
I will not accuse them forever,
nor will I always be angry,
for then they would faint away because of me—
the very people I have created.
I was enraged by their sinful greed;
I punished them, and hid my face in anger,
yet they kept on in their willful ways.
I have seen their ways, but I will heal them;
I will guide them and restore comfort to Israel’s mourners,
creating praise on their lips.
Peace, peace, to those far and near,”
says the Lord. “And I will heal them.
But the wicked are like the tossing sea,
which cannot rest,
whose waves cast up mire and mud.
There is no peace,” says my God, “for the wicked.”:amen::amen::amen:

So will it be with people when Christ comes back. All those who have life in lies will perish, and the true self they killed with their lies will be resurrected by Jesus and rule with Him over life in His Kingdom of love and peace. In this way all God's off spring are saved, and all the wicked are punished for what they have done.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Bible certainly does not teach that every soul is saved! Where did you get such an idea? ---not from "rightly dividing the Word of Truth", as God tells us. Don't be taking counsel from the Old Testament to understand salvation and anything about the Church and future.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Bible certainly does not teach that every soul is saved! Where did you get such an idea? ---not from "rightly dividing the Word of Truth", as God tells us. Don't be taking counsel from the Old Testament to understand salvation and anything about the Church and future.

What about Psalms 22:25-31, Romans 5:18, 1 Timothy 4:9-10, 1 John 2:2 and Colossians 1:19-20? How can all those who have died kneel before Him when they are in hell? How can God save someone - Romans 5:18, 1 Timothy 4:9-10 - but then still burn them in everlasting fire where - Romans 5:18, 1 Timothy 4:9-10, 1 John 2:2 and Colossians 1:19-20 are not true any more?

Either the scriptures teaches the truth or it is unreliable to tell us how salvation works.

Paul says about the old testament that it is God-breathed and very useful.

2 Timothy 3:16

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Taking verses out of context can prove anything one chooses. Note this somewhat humorous thought by one: "Judas went out and hanged himself"; and God said, "go and do thou likewise". These verses are typical of how some people read the Bible ----scattering things to suit themselves and joining separate things together.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Taking verses out of context can prove anything one chooses. Note this somewhat humorous thought by one: "Judas went out and hanged himself"; and God said, "go and do thou likewise". These verses are typical of how some people read the Bible ----scattering things to suit themselves and joining separate things together.

Taking verses out of context?

This is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance. That is why we labor and strive, because we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all people, and especially of those who believe.

Romans 5:18
Consequently, just as one trespass resulted in condemnation for all people, so also one righteous act resulted in justification and life for all people.

Please explain how I take these verses out of context when I say that Paul clearly teaches that God is the saviour of all people? Paul even emphasises the truth of what he says by saying that this is a trustworthy saying.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe that context is critical. I would adjust your findings to say that everyone is offered the gift of salvation by Grace through Faith. Not all accept the offer.

The bible says that God has saved all people - that is not taking anything out of context - that is believing what the truth says!

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is what is known as "rightly dividing," as instructed by Paul to Timothy in 2 Timothy 2:14-16, KJV. One divides scripture into imperatives for the Jews on the one hand, and Grace for non-Jews and Jewish converts to Christianity on the other, at that point when Jesus confronted Saul on the Road to Damascus. Recall Saul, a Jew of the highest rank and qualifications, experienced a revolutionary change from a Pharisaical nightmare to Paul, the Apostle for everyone, no exceptions, after 3 years as an understudy.

Yes, much of what you quote appears to be declarative, but in fact it is not. Salvation for Christians of every race, creed, color, national origin is not declared; it requires an affirmative response to the offer, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved."

Nothing in scripture is "thrown away" or ignored when one rightly divides. On the contrary, for the authentically born again Believer, all things come into focused view.

There are those, however, who have never been born again (Spiritually rebirthed) who will assume that everyone is saved for eternity, then ignore attempts to convince them that inaction on their part is not an option. There are ABAB who will enter into a season of doubt about their faith and at the bottom of that pit, normally brought on by bitterness or by frustration in serving God fully, conclude that everyone is saved, period: an escape route. They will share that view with others. That leads not only to getting in the way of the salvation process (Romans 10:8-13), it also may be responsible for an ABAB to drop out of church, stop studying the Bible, stop sharing the Love of God and salvation in Jesus. Interfering with that process or causing doubt in the Believer is a boomerang that I don't want to be throwing.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dear brother I fully agree with you, the unbelieving sinner is not saved, the bible clearly states that, however the bible still says that God saved all people on various occasions, so that still remains to be explained. Why would Paul stress the truth that God is the Saviour of all people by saying that it what he was about to say is a trustworthy saying?

The first question I think we need to answer is who are we people? Where do we come from?

The bible teaches that all people are His offspring!

Acts 17:28

‘For in him we live and move and have our being. As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are his offspring.

Originally we are all children of our Heavenly Father.

Psalms 127:3

Children are a heritage from the Lord, offspring a reward from him.

However be this as it may, we all fall.

We all believe lies, which kill our Godly heritage within and causes us to have life in lies with the devil as father instead.
Evil works havoc in our heart! Where spiritually we are in the lie but feed from life and kill, oppress, enslave, imprison and exploit God's heritage within.

Isaiah 59:1-4

The righteous perish,
and no one takes it to heart;
the devout are taken away,
and no one understands
that the righteous are taken away
to be spared from evil.
Those who walk uprightly
enter into peace;
they find rest as they lie in death.

“But you—come here, you children of a sorceress,
you offspring of adulterers and prostitutes!
Who are you mocking?
At whom do you sneer
and stick out your tongue?
Are you not a brood of rebels,
the offspring of liars?

So this is what takes place inside of every person born on this planet.

All sinners are guilty of murder, for we killed our Godly inheritance - our true self within - in favour of our big I - our untrue self - we sinners are all the offspring of liars!

However the Godly heritage in each person is saved! When God punishes the sinner who ruled sinful life, then as the sinner dies the true child of God is raised from the death, in this way all people are saved and every sinner dies. Revelation 19 and 20.

So yes the bible is right to warn those who haven't got Jesus to cover them that they need to come to Him. For life in lies will not survive the coming of The Truth, When Jesus comes into our life then everything that has life in lies dies (Revelation 2:23) and the truth killed is resurrected to rule life with Christ. (Revelation 20)

So yes Paul is spot on when he writes that God specially saved us who have put our faith and trust in Him, for we were sinners before He came into our lives but then He made straight that which was crooked and what was not His own He made His own.

This is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance. That is why we labor and strive, because we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all people, and especially of those who believe.

So yes the bible teaches it true, God saved all people and no sinners will come in heaven without faith in Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Crowns&Laurels

Jul 11, 2015
✟6,832.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
1 Corinthians 6:9-10
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Now, this isn't altogether absolute, but it does generally put a notion that 'everybody is saved' right into the dirt. Paul certainly did not see universal salvation as true.
What I see often is people trying to pull out of scripture what they like, and this is the case with the OP. There are many other things in the Bible that teach us the same, such as Jesus stating that it's easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than a rich man to enter Heaven. It's also taught that blasphemy of the Spirit will not be forgiven, that faith is the only concrete way into Heaven, and so on.

None of the authors of the Bible actually believed anything of what 'universalism' claims.

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟904,775.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Things are being taken out of context. Especially Romans 5:18. That surely does not mean everyone is saved.

It's parallelism that was common in Hebrew in the OT. The 'all' part. Typing on my phone but will add more later.

But no, not everyone is saved.

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear Jeshu. Everyone who asks sincerely for forgiveness, and proves this with his or her love and compassion,
will be saved. It is not enough to ask for forgiveness with your mouth only, we must let the Holy Spirit help us to become true sons and daughters of our Heavenly Father. In Matthew 22: 35-40: Jesus gives us good advice.
The first and great Commandment is: " Love God with all our hearts, with all our souls, and with all our minds.
The second is like it: love our neighbour as we love ourselves. ( treat all we know and all we meet, friends and not friends) treat them as we would love to be treated. God sees our loving efforts, and God will bless us.
The Bible tells us " Repent and be Born again," we have to give up our selfish wishes and wants, and start loving and caring and help where help is needed. We might stumble and forget at times, but then we ask God to forgive us and carry on loving and caring.
Matthew 7: 7-10: tells us: " ask and you shall receive," then thank God and share all love and care with our neighbour, keep doing this and you will find that life is filled with love and joy. To love becomes our second nature.
God is Love and God wants loving sons and daughters. Satan and all followers run away from love, and only those who want to follow Satan will end up in hell. I say this with love, Jeshu. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If everyone is saved, who are those that go to hell besides Satan and his henchmen? If I am lacking in faith and am feeling doubt about my salvation, will I go to hell also?

Once you are saved, you remain that way. An authentically born again Believer cannot "lack" faith. Faith IS. Yes, doubt can enter in. Realize that if you were saved in the first place, doubt comes from the old sinful nature that you lived in before that wonderful event. If you were saved in the first place, you are now occupied by the Holy Spirit. Nothing can tell Him to depart, and He is not about to depart on His own. The JSoC awaits the authentically born again Believer.

God's granting of salvation came at the Cross. That does not mean that everyone who ever lived, now live, and who will live, was automatically "given" salvation. It does mean that eternal salvation is available for those who believe. Those who fail to believe (Romans 10:8-13) will in no wise enter in to His Peace. The GWTJ awaits them.

Last edited:
Reactions: jamesup7777
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If everyone is saved, who are those that go to hell besides Satan and his henchmen?
If I am lacking in faith and am feeling doubt about my salvation, will I go to hell also?

All life in sinful or untrue spirituality will go to hell.

You can be assured that your life in doubt will not be saved, doubting God awakens lies inside our hearts and minds and refuses to believe the truth of God's Word.

When you arrive in heaven you will not doubt God's Word of truth ever again, for then you will know the truth and the truth will set you free.

So if you suffer from doubt then know that the enemy is trying to nullify your faith in God's truth and drag you down into the pit. The best way to deal with doubting God's truth is to fight it with God's truth, the truth of God's Word will set you free from doubt no matter how much it tortures you now.

So please refuse the voice of doubt and let faith in God's Word of truth guide you into God's rest instead.

Reactions: 2KnowHim
Upvote 0

jamesup7777

Mar 29, 2013
USA
✟21,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
What about this passage in Matthew, chapter 7, verses 21 through 23?

Matthew 7:21-23New King James Version (NKJV)
I Never Knew You
21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

Someone here is certainly going to hell, besides the legions of Satan and himself. I was curious what you understand this verses to mean.
Thanks and God Bless
Jim

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What about this passage in Matthew, chapter 7, verses 21 through 23?

Matthew 7:21-23New King James Version (NKJV)
I Never Knew You
21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

Someone here is certainly going to hell, besides the legions of Satan and himself. I was curious what you understand this verses to mean.
Thanks and God Bless
Jim

Dear Jim,

Yes Jim this verse talks about false conversions. A false conversion is when someone uses the truth of God to gain wealth or renown for him or herself, letting the Gospel feed their big fat ego, but such a person doesn't let the truth of God remove the lies dwelling within their own hearts nor crowns Jesus King of the heart. In such people untrue self still rules their hearts and minds and their true self has been pitifully murdered and cast into irons.

Some people live rich lives, have beautifully orated prayers, but prey on their fellow men to enrich themselves and make a mockery out of God's loving truth by distorting its contents. On Judgement day such people will be exposed and all such spirituality shall die out of them then Jesus shall raise and free true self in them and they shall in truth and in love worship Him who was, is and is to come.

Evil spirituality is not saved Jim - no sinner shall escape the fire - apart of those sinners who have gone to Christ and found cover in His blood. Where what has life in untrue self is made truthfully God's own. An awesome series of events called sanctification brings that about, where evil dies and good is born. Like Paul says in 1 Timothy 4:10 , we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all people, and especially of those who believe.

So please understand Jim that when you see that lies shape you and you turn to Christ for help, then He will turn untrue you into true you. He makes straight what was crooked. So if you see that your deeds are wicked and not loving and good like they should be, then please go to Christ and let Him renew you. Only the truth of Jesus can repair the damage the lie has caused, you can't fix yourself.

Upvote 0