ChapterSix%20(19).jpg

dana b

Dec 8, 2009
✟11,243.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Protestant Bible divides into three parts.
The Protestant 66 book Bible is divisable into the Old Testament catagories called "The Law, The Prophets, and The Writtings.

...THE LAW...............THE PROPHETS...................THE WRITTINGS

.1. Genesis...............23. Isaiah..........................45. Romans
.2. Exodus................24. Jeremiah......................46. 1 Corinthians
.3. Leviticus.............25. Lamentations.................47. 2 Corinthians
.4. Numbers..............26. Ezekiel.........................48. Galations
.5. Deuteronomy........27. Daniel..........................49. Ephesians
.6. Joshua................28. Hosea..........................50. Philippians
.7. Judges................29. Joel.............................51. Colossians
.8. Ruth...................30. Amos...........................52. 1 Thessalonians
.9. 1 Samuel.............31. Obadiah.......................53. 2 Thessalonians
10. 2 Samuel............32. Jonah...........................54. 1 Timothy
11. 1 Kings...............33. Micah..........................55. 2 Timothy
12. 2 Kings...............34. Nahum.........................56. Titus
13. 1 Chronicles........35. Habakkuk......................57. Philemon
14. 2 Chronicles........36. Zephaniah.....................58. Hebrews
15. Ezra..................37. Haggai..........................59. James
16. Nehemiah...........38. Zechariah......................60. 1 Peter
17. Esther...............39. Malachi.........................61. 2 Peter
18. Job...................40. Matthew.......................62. 1 John
19. Psalms...............41. Mark............................63. 2 John
20. Proverbs............42. Luke.............................64. 3 John
21. Ecclesiastes.......43. John.............................65. Jude
22. Song of Solomon.44. Acts.............................66. Revelation

The sixty-six books of the protestant Bible are usually divided into the Old and the New Testaments. But they can also be arranged in a Trinitarian manner. Each of the three columns of 22 books matches it's catagory under a Physical, emotional and mental column.

The arrangement of the Bible into these trinitarian catagories is by no means unintended. The symbology inferred here is vast and diverse. The first two columns can represent the first 4000 years of the Old Testament period. The third column represents the 2000 year Christian Era.

Along with this each separate column has it's own internal patterns and divisions which are intricately symbolic. These divisions are made dividing clusters or sections of books that were long held to be units unto themselves and given names such as the Pentateuch, Wisdom Literature, Major Prophets and Minor Prophets.

The first column describes the creation and activities from the time of Adam until the establishment of the Temple fire in Jerusalem at about 1000BC. In the second column are the names of the Sons or Prophets who warned the people with their emotional laments. The activities of these Prophets led to the coming of the Holy Spirit as described at the very end of the second column in Acts. Then, in the third column Christianity which began during the Roman period begins with the book of Romans. This third column under the heading of Writtings is indeed all writtings of epistles. These three columns also fit under the Christian Trinity headings of The Father, The Sons and The Holy Spirit.
progress.gif

Upvote 0

dcyates

May 28, 2005
Calgary, AB.
✟2,162.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Protestant Bible divides into three parts.
The Protestant 66 book Bible is divisable into the Old Testament catagories called "The Law, The Prophets, and The Writtings.

...THE LAW...............THE PROPHETS...................THE WRITTINGS

.1. Genesis...............23. Isaiah..........................45. Romans
.2. Exodus................24. Jeremiah......................46. 1 Corinthians
.3. Leviticus.............25. Lamentations.................47. 2 Corinthians
.4. Numbers..............26. Ezekiel.........................48. Galations
.5. Deuteronomy........27. Daniel..........................49. Ephesians
.6. Joshua................28. Hosea..........................50. Philippians
.7. Judges................29. Joel.............................51. Colossians
.8. Ruth...................30. Amos...........................52. 1 Thessalonians
.9. 1 Samuel.............31. Obadiah.......................53. 2 Thessalonians
10. 2 Samuel............32. Jonah...........................54. 1 Timothy
11. 1 Kings...............33. Micah..........................55. 2 Timothy
12. 2 Kings...............34. Nahum.........................56. Titus
13. 1 Chronicles........35. Habakkuk......................57. Philemon
14. 2 Chronicles........36. Zephaniah.....................58. Hebrews
15. Ezra..................37. Haggai..........................59. James
16. Nehemiah...........38. Zechariah......................60. 1 Peter
17. Esther...............39. Malachi.........................61. 2 Peter
18. Job...................40. Matthew.......................62. 1 John
19. Psalms...............41. Mark............................63. 2 John
20. Proverbs............42. Luke.............................64. 3 John
21. Ecclesiastes.......43. John.............................65. Jude
22. Song of Solomon.44. Acts.............................66. Revelation

The sixty-six books of the protestant Bible are usually divided into the Old and the New Testaments. But they can also be arranged in a Trinitarian manner. Each of the three columns of 22 books matches it's catagory under a Physical, emotional and mental column.

The arrangement of the Bible into these trinitarian catagories is by no means unintended. The symbology inferred here is vast and diverse. The first two columns can represent the first 4000 years of the Old Testament period. The third column represents the 2000 year Christian Era.

Along with this each separate column has it's own internal patterns and divisions which are intricately symbolic. These divisions are made dividing clusters or sections of books that were long held to be units unto themselves and given names such as the Pentateuch, Wisdom Literature, Major Prophets and Minor Prophets.

The first column describes the creation and activities from the time of Adam until the establishment of the Temple fire in Jerusalem at about 1000BC. In the second column are the names of the Sons or Prophets who warned the people with their emotional laments. The activities of these Prophets led to the coming of the Holy Spirit as described at the very end of the second column in Acts. Then, in the third column Christianity which began during the Roman period begins with the book of Romans. This third column under the heading of Writtings is indeed all writtings of epistles. These three columns also fit under the Christian Trinity headings of The Father, The Sons and The Holy Spirit.

progress.gif
No offense intended, dana b, but where on earth did you get any of this from? Does it have any biblical or historical warrant whatsoever?

Upvote 0

dcyates

May 28, 2005
Calgary, AB.
✟2,162.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, I got it straight from the bible. You have to be really interested to study it and understand it though.
Hmmm. Well, I'm interested enough to have studied Scripture my entire adult life, to the extent where I've gone so far as to learn both Hebrew and Greek, and even to the extent where I've taught biblical theology in two different colleges. Yet, I still don't see how you can justify your tripartite division of the Bible. For instance, why on earth would Job, the Psalms, or the Song of Songs be categorized under "The Law"?!?

Upvote 0

dana b

Dec 8, 2009
✟11,243.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hmmm. Well, I'm interested enough to have studied Scripture my entire adult life, to the extent where I've gone so far as to learn both Hebrew and Greek, and even to the extent where I've taught biblical theology in two different colleges. Yet, I still don't see how you can justify your tripartite division of the Bible. For instance, why on earth would Job, the Psalms, or the Song of Songs be categorized under "The Law"?!?

Hello again, I've been away, sorry.

I too have studied these languages and others for the last thirty years of so. I study comparative languages with the aim to see how they all came from one. Gen.11;1 Amazing stuff, wouldn't you say?

But instead of me trying to come up with a clear answer to the question you are asking, why not begin by looking and commenting on how amazing it is that under this tripartite arrangement "all of the books under the Prophets are names of men!"(except Acts)

And how could it have been just a coincidence that all of the books under the third columns of Writtings are all "Epistles" or writtings?!

These two columns amazingly fit almost perfectly under the Old Testament headings. Why? How could this be? This could not be by chance, could it?

Upvote 0

Scotishfury09

G.R.O.S.S. Dictator-For-Life
Feb 27, 2007
Belton, Texas
✟8,427.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello again, I've been away, sorry.

I too have studied these languages and others for the last thirty years of so. I study comparative languages with the aim to see how they all came from one. Gen.11;1 Amazing stuff, wouldn't you say?

But instead of me trying to come up with a clear answer to the question you are asking, why not begin by looking and commenting on how amazing it is that under this tripartite arrangement "all of the books under the Prophets are names of men!"(except Acts)

And how could it have been just a coincidence that all of the books under the third columns of Writtings are all "Epistles" or writtings?!

These two columns amazingly fit almost perfectly under the Old Testament headings. Why? How could this be? This could not be by chance, could it?

No. You've taken the division of the Hebrew Bible, TaNaK, and super imposed it over the Protestant Bible. There's no basis for it and is completely irrelevant.

Upvote 0

dana b

Dec 8, 2009
✟11,243.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No. You've taken the division of the Hebrew Bible, TaNaK, and super imposed it over the Protestant Bible. There's no basis for it and is completely irrelevant.

But Scotishfury09, look at how these three columns divide into already pre-acknowledged sections.

Under the law the first 5 books have been traditionally called "the Pentatuch." The last five books in this same colomn are traditionally called "the Wisdom literature." Then the 12 books left in the center of this colomn divide evenly in half between the two books of Kings.

In the second colomn the first five books have been traditionally called "the Major Prophets." The last 5 books in this colomn are the "5 Gospel books." The book of Acts was apparently written by Luke who wrote the third gospel. This corresponds to how in the top five books of this colomn the Lamentations of Jeremiah was also written by one of the Major Prophets called Jeremiah. The 12 books in the center of this second colomn are also 12 books which divide in their center. This division is between Micah and Nahum, the center of the Protestant Bible!

The Center of the Protestant Bible division between Micah and Nahum is like the centers of both the English and Greek alphabets. They both divide in thier centers between the letters "M" and "N." Even the Hebrew Masoretic Text Bible divides it's center between M and N, being the books of Micah and Nahum.

So this is not as you have stated "completely irrelevant." Would'nt you agree?

...THE LAW...................THE PROPHETS............THE WRITINGS........

.1. Genesis...................23. Isaiah....................45. Romans
.2. Exodus....................24. Jeremiah................46. 1 Corinthians
.3. Leviticus.................25. Lamentations..........47. 2 Corinthians
.4. Numbers..................26. Ezekiel...................48. Galatians
.5. Deuteronomy...........27. Daniel....................49. Ephesians
.................................................. ................50. Philippians
.6. Joshua....................28. Hosea...................51. Colossians
.7. Judges....................29. Joel......................52. 1 Thessalonians
.8. Ruth.......................30. Amos....................53. 2 Thessalonians
.9. 1 Samuel.................31. Obadiah.................54. 1 Timothy
10. 2 Samuel................32. Jonah.....................55. 2 Timothy
11. 1 Kings...................33. Micah....................56. Titus
12. 2 Kings...................34. Nahum...................57. Philemon
13. 1 Chronicles............35. Habakkuk................58. Hebrews
14. 2 Chronicles............36. Zephaniah
15. Ezra.......................37. Haggai
16. Nehemiah................38. Zechariah...............59. James
17. Esther....................39. Malachi...................60. 1 Peter
.................................................. .................61. 2 Peter
18. Job........................40. Matthew.................62. 1 John
19. Psalms....................41. Mark......................63. 2 John
20. Proverbs.................42. Luke.......................64. 3 John
21. Ecclesiastes............43. John.......................65. Jude
22. Song of Solomon......44. Acts.......................66. Revelation

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dana b

Dec 8, 2009
✟11,243.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I can't get the images to load in your post but would like to see them. I've heard about this separation before as well.

Hello JCFantasy23,

What "images" are you referring to? I don't understand what you mean.

Where have you heard of "this separation" before. I would be very interested to know.

Thanks

Dan b.

Upvote 0

dana b

Dec 8, 2009
✟11,243.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Dan in the first post for me it showed sort of small broken images. Now it just shows as blank.

Not sure where I've read it but I try to study various bible study tool books.

In which "first post" do you mean? Are you referring to the deleted images at the beginning of this thread?

Upvote 0

cybrwurm

Spawn of Epicurus
Feb 6, 2012
Skyrim
Visit site
✟15,172.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
> dcyates said: No offense intended, dana b, but where on earth did you get
> any of this from? Does it have any biblical or historical warrant whatsoever?
] dana b replies: Yeah, I got it straight from the bible.
wurm say: Yeah, just you and a really active imagination, maybe? :)
] dana b: You have to be really interested to study it and understand it though.
Here, here! I second the motion ... On the other hand, not all energetic efforts
necessarily produce good fruits. dana b's efforts at finding deep trinitarian meanings
in the table of contents is kinda like building sand-castles in the air, and could
definitely benefit from some more time on the vine ...
Like A LOT more time! :D

Upvote 0

dana b

Dec 8, 2009
✟11,243.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
> dcyates said: No offense intended, dana b, but where on earth did you get
> any of this from? Does it have any biblical or historical warrant whatsoever?
] dana b replies: Yeah, I got it straight from the bible.
wurm say: Yeah, just you and a really active imagination, maybe? :)
] dana b: You have to be really interested to study it and understand it though.
Here, here! I second the motion ... On the other hand, not all energetic efforts
necessarily produce good fruits. dana b's efforts at finding deep trinitarian meanings
in the table of contents is kinda like building sand-castles in the air, and could
definitely benefit from some more time on the vine ...
Like A LOT more time! :D

If your not interested in this stuff then don't look at it. it's funny how the onew who have nothing to constructive to say about the matter seem to do all of the talking.

There is some very serious and interesting investigations that can be done here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

cybrwurm

Spawn of Epicurus
Feb 6, 2012
Skyrim
Visit site
✟15,172.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
] dana b say: If you're not interested in this stuff then don't look at it. it's funny
] how the onew who have nothing to constructive to say about the matter seem
] to do all of the talking. There is some very serious and interesting investigations
] that can be done here.
wurm say: I'm sorry I tweaked you, dana. Your post certainly is interesting ... and curious, at the very least. It's just that I think your efforts and energies could be better spent investigating other, more pressing, areas and problems within the scriptures. For example, did you know that in the time before Constantine the greek-texts were actually used as weapons in the ongoing theological-battles between the overseers of the Empire's major cities? ... It's true; and the implications for textual-criticism are many; and obviously very serious as regards the history and formation of the NT canon ...
Yes, the sacred-texts contain *many* mysteries worthy of your undivided attention, dana! For example, I noticed that you seem to think that the 'Gospel of Luke' and the 'Acts of the Apostles' are two seperate and distinct books. In fact, Lk-Acts is *one* book in two parts. And this is one true and important fact that is *hidden* by your 66 book table of contents. In truth then, your bible only has 65 books! And this unpleasant literary fact kindda messes up the nice neatness of your *artificial* arrangement of books ... Yes?

Upvote 0

dana b

Dec 8, 2009
✟11,243.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
] dana b say: If you're not interested in this stuff then don't look at it. it's funny
] how the onew who have nothing to constructive to say about the matter seem
] to do all of the talking. There is some very serious and interesting investigations
] that can be done here.
wurm say: I'm sorry I tweaked you, dana. Your post certainly is interesting ... and curious, at the very least. It's just that I think your efforts and energies could be better spent investigating other, more pressing, areas and problems within the scriptures. For example, did you know that in the time before Constantine the greek-texts were actually used as weapons in the ongoing theological-battles between the overseers of the Empire's major cities? ... It's true; and the implications for textual-criticism are many; and obviously very serious as regards the history and formation of the NT canon ...
Yes, the sacred-texts contain *many* mysteries worthy of your undivided attention, dana! For example, I noticed that you seem to think that the 'Gospel of Luke' and the 'Acts of the Apostles' are two seperate and distinct books. In fact, Lk-Acts is *one* book in two parts. And this is one true and important fact that is *hidden* by your 66 book table of contents. In truth then, your bible only has 65 books! And this unpleasant literary fact kindda messes up the nice neatness of your *artificial* arrangement of books ... Yes?

I know all that. I've read every book. I've had a lot of time for forty years, more time than most to investigate all of this.

If you don't see the miracle of how the Bible Canons were developed then it's not your cup of tea.

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Acts was written by Luke... which was the prophet?

I think I'm more inclined to look at the Holy Bible in these divisions:

• Law
    • Genesis – Deuteronomy
    • Five (5) books
  • History (Old Testament)
    • Joshua – Esther
    • Twelve (12) books
  • Poetry
    • Job – Song of Solomon
    • Five (5) books
  • Prophecy (Old Testament)
    • Isaiah – Malachi
    • Seventeen (17) books
    • Sometimes divided into Major Prophets (5 books) and Minor Prophets (12 books)
  • History (New Testament)
    • Matthew – Acts
    • Five (5) books
    • Sometimes divided into Gospels and Acts
  • Epistles
    • Romans – Jude
    • Twenty-one (21) books
    • Sometimes divided into Gentile Epistles (13 books) and Jewish Epistles (8 books)
  • Prophecy (New Testament)
    • Book of Revelation
    • One (1) book

Upvote 0

dana b

Dec 8, 2009
✟11,243.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Acts was written by Luke... which was the prophet?

I think I'm more inclined to look at the Holy Bible in these divisions:

• Law
    • Genesis – Deuteronomy
    • Five (5) books
  • History (Old Testament)
    • Joshua – Esther
    • Twelve (12) books
  • Poetry
    • Job – Song of Solomon
    • Five (5) books
  • Prophecy (Old Testament)
    • Isaiah – Malachi
    • Seventeen (17) books
    • Sometimes divided into Major Prophets (5 books) and Minor Prophets (12 books)
  • History (New Testament)
    • Matthew – Acts
    • Five (5) books
    • Sometimes divided into Gospels and Acts
  • Epistles
    • Romans – Jude
    • Twenty-one (21) books
    • Sometimes divided into Gentile Epistles (13 books) and Jewish Epistles (8 books)
  • Prophecy (New Testament)
    • Book of Revelation
    • One (1) book

Yes Acts was written by Luke, and Hebrews may not have been written by Paul. Yes, Bible investigators have written all of this for us all to read. It may be true, it may not.

The point of this post is to show, to those who would take an interest, how the Protestant 66 book Bible fits so neatly under the Old Massoretic Text headings. This post is not to explain why this is so. It is not to try and justify why the book of Acts is fitingly placed under the "Prophets" column. Each of the three columns have a misplaced book at the end of them.

The Song of Soloman, the Acts of the Appostles and the book of Revelation are each the 22d in their columns. They are "special ending books." Each of these columns also represents and corresponds to a 2000 year period of Biblical history. The total composes 6000 years corresponding to Gods six days of Genesis Creation. The arrangement of the books of the Holy Bible tell us much more than just an order of contents. This needs to be examined with interest but if one's focus is placed instead on every little apparrent missplaced or non-understandable bit, then the entering of God's holy literary manifestation may need to be put off until inspriation resumes.

The fact that the book of Acts is misplaced because it is not "a name" under the prophet's column is matched in each of the other two colums. "Song of Solomon and Revelations" are not exactly "the Law or an Epistle."

The thing about having the four Gospel books and Acts in the second column is that this makes the third column entirely reletive to the Christian Covenant. Although the four Gospels and Acts are written about Jesus and his diciples, they were still in the phase where they would only preach and hang out only with "the lost sheep of Israel." Jesus attemted to refuse to show attention on a woman who was not of the tribes. It was only the Apostle Paul who at the end of the book of Acts introduces the Christian Covenant to others besides the Israelites. Paul called himself the Apostle to the Gentiles. So it is befitting that the 22 books from Romans through to Revelations being entirely Christian Covenant books. They represent the third 2000 year period of biblical history, the Christian Era.

There is much more embedded into the arrangement of the Bible Canons. It is not important or even meaningfull just how the Bible Canons were dicided on historically at this point today. We are at the "time of the end." Don't you think, as a Christian person, that God would have expected the arrangements in his Holy book for his people at this final day to be good? In the same way the Jesus based Christian Calendar should be accepted and venerated by believing Christians. These two must be divinely bless and cared for by God for he and Jesus gave them to us. What I mean is that just because I or someone else cannot find exactly a reason for some particular apparent inconsistency in an otherwise amazing scheme, it doesnt' warrant throwing the rest of it in the waste bin. Someone else might figure it out later and explain to us why such and such seems inconsistent with the pattern and then all will be whole.

Look at the arrangement of this marvelous book. The first column divides into the 5-12-5 pattern just as the second column does. Each division is at an already historically established section of books such as the Pentatuch, Wisdom Literature and the Major Prophets. But the third column begins with Romans which is the empire who facilitated the establishment and spread of the New Covenant. The center of the 66 book Christian Bible is between Micah and Nahum. The Old Testament Hebrew Bible divides in the center between Micah and Nahum. The English and German alphabets in which the Protestant Bible was first written divide in the center between the M and the N. The ancient Greek Alpabet in which the Christian Covenant was originally written divides between the M and the N. The so often used phrase by Jesus of "son of Man" is also divisable between the M and N.

All of this was inserted and arranged into the Protestant Bible Canon. So regardless how it happened. Regardless if some evil people snuck into the Christian establishment at different for devious intentions. The Bible that has been handed down to the Enlightend Christians of the Reformation is given to us by God. It's numbers and it's letters are holy and arranged to sparkle for those who use their eyes to see.

ps. your above Bible divisions are reasonable. I wonder if there is more that can be seen in them?
I myself prefer to follow the tradition of attributing the book of Hebrews to the Apostle Paul. This is one of the traditions of biblical theologians, I know it disputed by some. But when Hebrews is added as a Pauline Epistle then the numbers of the third "Writtings" column is 14, and then 7 books. These numbers are used extensibely in the most amazing ways throughout the bible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cybrwurm

Spawn of Epicurus
Feb 6, 2012
Skyrim
Visit site
✟15,172.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
] dana b say: I know all that.
wurm say: Do you really? And yet you think that the table of contents is more important and more interesting than all these other mysteries combined? ... Can't really say that I'm much impressed with the *quality* of your judgment regarding these matters. What if the Lord himself told you to investigate more urgent areas? Would you also tell Him 'No'?
] d: I've read every book. <snip>
Great. And have you read every book with total and complete understanding?
] d: If you don't see the miracle of how the Bible Canons were developed then it's not your cup of tea.
Not my cup of tea, you say? Well, in one sense you are right. I'm not at all impressed by this *miracle* you speak of. However, I am a manic for the *real* and *true* HISTORY of the greek-scriptures; and since we're speaking so boldly today, I'll even go so far as to say that nobody appreciates the need for knowing this history more than me! So maybe you, dana, should pray to the Lord about this matter, and ask for his guidance. Would you kindly do just that? ... please? :)
> drjean say: Acts was written by Luke... which was the prophet?
wurm say: Nobody knows who really wrote Lk-Acts. My best guess is an early second-century Roman theologian/novelist. We just call this author 'Luke' because of the silly myth that is supposed account for the authorship.
btw: as to your division of the NT --> It sucks, big time! :p

Upvote 0