The Beast of the Apocalypse and the U.S. Supreme Court Ruling Redefining Marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,076.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Compendium of the Social Doctrine of the Church
"382. When human authority goes beyond the limits willed by God, it makes itself a deity and demands absolute submission; it becomes the Beast of the Apocalypse, an image of the power of the imperial persecutor 'drunk with the blood of the saints and the blood of the martyrs of Jesus' (Rev 17:6). The Beast is served by the 'false prophet' (Rev 19:20), who, with beguiling signs, induces people to adore it. This vision is a prophetic indication of the snares used by Satan to rule men, stealing his way into their spirit with lies. But Christ is the Victorious Lamb who, down the course of human history, overcomes every power that would make it absolute. Before such a power, Saint John suggests the resistance of the martyrs; in this way, believers bear witness that corrupt and satanic power is defeated, because it no longer has any authority over them."

Scripture

“Have you not read that he who made them from the beginning made them male and female, and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one’? So they are no longer two but one. What therefore God has joined together, let not man put asunder.” – Jesus (Matt 19:4-6)

Catechism of the Catholic Church
"2357 Homosexuality refers to relations between men or between women who experience an exclusive or predominant sexual attraction toward persons of the same sex. It has taken a great variety of forms through the centuries and in different cultures. Its psychological genesis remains largely unexplained. Basing itself on Sacred Scripture, which presents homosexual acts as acts of grave depravity, tradition has always declared that 'homosexual acts are intrinsically disordered.' They are contrary to the natural law. They close the sexual act to the gift of life. They do not proceed from a genuine affective and sexual complementarity. Under no circumstances can they be approved." (emphasis added)

CDF - Considerations Regarding Proposals to Give Legal Recognition to Unions Between Homosexual Persons
"In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. One must refrain from any kind of formal cooperation in the enactment or application of such gravely unjust laws and, as far as possible, from material cooperation on the level of their application. In this area, everyone can exercise the right to conscientious objection." (emphasis added)

Basic Biology

sperm (♂) + egg (♀) = baby
sperm (♂) + sperm (♂) = nothing
egg (♀) + egg (♀) = nothing

Pope Francis (16 January 2015)
"Proclaim the beauty and truth of the Christian message to a society which is tempted by confusing presentations of sexuality, marriage and the family. As you know, these realities are increasingly under attack from powerful forces which threaten to disfigure God’s plan for creation and betray the very values which have inspired and shaped all that is best in your culture."

Pope Francis (29 June 2015)
"Everything passes, only God remains. Indeed, kingdoms, peoples, cultures, nations, ideologies, powers have passed, but the Church, founded on Christ, notwithstanding the many storms and our many sins, remains ever faithful to the deposit of faith shown in service; for the Church does not belong to Popes, bishops, priests, nor the lay faithful; the Church in every moment belongs solely to Christ." (emphasis added)

Pope St. Pius X, E Supremi (On the Restoration of All Things in Christ)
"When all this is considered there is good reason to fear lest this great perversity may be as it were a foretaste, and perhaps the beginning of those evils which are reserved for the last days; and that there may be already in the world the 'Son of Perdition' of whom the Apostle speaks (II. Thess. ii., 3). Such, in truth, is the audacity and the wrath employed everywhere in persecuting religion, in combating the dogmas of the faith, in brazen effort to uproot and destroy all relations between man and the Divinity! While, on the other hand, and this according to the same apostle is the distinguishing mark of Antichrist, man has with infinite temerity put himself in the place of God, raising himself above all that is called God; in such wise that although he cannot utterly extinguish in himself all knowledge of God, he has contemned God's majesty and, as it were, made of the universe a temple wherein he himself is to be adored. 'He sitteth in the temple of God, showing himself as if he were God' (II. Thess. ii., 2)."

Last edited:

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,076.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
These videos show the psychology of why the people who were against changing the definition of marriage suddenly changed their minds in unison with the group. Watch how the guy in the elevator changes his position to conform to whatever arbitrary position the group changes to. Each time the group changes, he goes along with that change without giving it any thought. And with the line experiment, the guy knows which line is the correct one, and everyone agrees. But then suddenly everyone changes. And he then decides to ignore the evidence of his eyes and yields to the change of the group.

Last edited:
Reactions: Soyeong
Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
These videos explain the psychology of why the people who were against changing the definition of marriage suddenly changed their minds in unison with the group.

I have a feeling that the irony of this very phenomenon in minority groups and religions is lost on the poster. The exact same studies are used by mouthy agnostics to explain why religious people are so quick to believe in unlikely, unprovable things and suggest them to be mouth-breathing fools.

Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And you know this how???

No, the Apocalypse isn't going to happen because the US legalised same sex marriage. The melodramatic histrionics are bad enough, but the USA-centric world view is plain insulting.

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,076.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I have a feeling that the irony of this very phenomenon in minority groups and religions is lost on the poster. The exact same studies are used by mouthy agnostics to explain why religious people are so quick to believe in unlikely, unprovable things and suggest them to be mouth-breathing fools.
The videos show people changing their minds in accordance with whichever direction the group goes. My view on marriage has never changed - not before I was a Christian, and not after. The current group pressure is to conform to the new definition of marriage as ruled by the Supreme Court. Those who have weak minds and weak morals will conform to that ruling.

"The coming of the lawless one by the activity of Satan will be with all power and with pretended signs and wonders, and with all wicked deception for those who are to perish, because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. Therefore God sends upon them a strong delusion, to make them believe what is false, so that all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness." - 2 Thessalonians 2:9-12

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cmarie423

Momma of 3
Mar 18, 2007
California
✟9,906.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just my input here, I really think the tipping point for the apocalypse should have been Roe Vs. Wade. Not gay marriage. In my opinion murder of babies is far worse then two people engaging in sin. At least they are both choosing it. The baby doesn't have a choice. Not to say that the world couldn't end right now, but gay marriage has also been legal in countries for quite some time.

Reactions: topcare
Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Just my input here, I really think the tipping point for the apocalypse should have been Roe Vs. Wade. Not gay marriage. In my opinion murder of babies is far worse then two people engaging in sin. At least they are both choosing it. The baby doesn't have a choice. Not to say that the world couldn't end right now, but gay marriage has also been legal in countries for quite some time.

....or the development of biological or thermonuclear weapons which have no licit purpose....or the creation of modern manufacturing and agricultural techniques which reduce the worker to little more than a cog in a machine, or the fact that sex before marriage has been the norm in Western society since before any living person can remember, or the rise of sexually transmitted diseases in the 15th and 16th centuries, or the great Holy and unHoly wars the old world saw, or the extreme destruction without any real purpose that the First World War wrought, or the rise of Communism throughout half of Europe and most of Asia, or the Reformation, or the Great Schism...

Reactions: Gnarwhal
Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,076.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
So-called "same-sex marriage" takes it to a new level where it's also about buying and selling (Rev 13:17). Big businesses are all lining up to declare their support for it. And Christian businesses who reject it are being sued and put out of business. This wasn't the case for abortion. There wasn't an abortion pride burger, for example.

Upvote 0

cmarie423

Momma of 3
Mar 18, 2007
California
✟9,906.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
....or the development of biological or thermonuclear weapons which have no licit purpose....or the creation of modern manufacturing and agricultural techniques which reduce the worker to little more than a cog in a machine, or the fact that sex before marriage has been the norm in Western society since before any living person can remember, or the rise of sexually transmitted diseases in the 15th and 16th centuries, or the great Holy and unHoly wars the old world saw, or the extreme destruction without any real purpose that the First World War wrought, or the rise of Communism throughout half of Europe and most of Asia, or the Reformation, or the Great Schism...

Or the holocaust, or hiroshima....etc. Lol. That's exactly my point so I totally agree with you. Things have always been bad, and God allows it to happen. Yes there isn't an "abortion pride" burger, but at the same time women are continually told to be proud of their abortions and there has been sin parading itself around legally for a long time. Sex sells. Hello Carls Jr. Women are continually objectified and seen as a sex object. I really don't see this whole gay marriage thing being any worse then divorce, strip clubs, legal prostitution (Nevada), and other things. I don't doubt the end of the world is probably around the corner, but I don't think gay marriage in the US was the tipping point. Did anyone catch the news about the North star alignment, and how this is the brightest it's been since the birth of Jesus? To me that would be more of an indicator. None of us really know, I think that's the hard part. Figuring it out.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,076.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Or the holocaust, or hiroshima....etc. Lol. That's exactly my point so I totally agree with you. Things have always been bad, and God allows it to happen. Yes there isn't an "abortion pride" burger, but at the same time women are continually told to be proud of their abortions and there has been sin parading itself around legally for a long time. Sex sells. Hello Carls Jr. Women are continually objectified and seen as a sex object. I really don't see this whole gay marriage thing being any worse then divorce, strip clubs, legal prostitution (Nevada), and other things. I don't doubt the end of the world is probably around the corner, but I don't think gay marriage in the US was the tipping point. Did anyone catch the news about the North star alignment, and how this is the brightest it's been since the birth of Jesus? To me that would be more of an indicator. None of us really know, I think that's the hard part. Figuring it out.
There has always been evil, but now there is a global revolution and an apostasy of nations that calls evil good and good evil. And buying and selling is a big part of it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

wondrousgnat

Feb 27, 2013
Winfield Township
✟8,859.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Of course many churches support SSM. And why not? They all approve of contraception where people do not get pregnant. And so isn't this part of the logical progression?
About the End Times? It was big in the 70s where there were many books and tv shows about it. I don't think it is the End Times. But I do believe it is part of our downhill slide. How much farther can we go?

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Same-sex intercourse and "marriage" and the entire lifestyle is soul-destroying; it's not a victimless sin.

Yes, abortion is a direct assault on life, Satan's most murderous and cruel way to damage the family, but the "gay" agenda is horribly destructive as well. Abortion impedes life, and so does sodomy and oral copulation between men, etc. The man who would normally bring life into the world with a wife instead is treating another man's anal cavity like a vagina bringing no life at all...

The net result of abortion and anal gay relations or lesbians plunging things into one another is the same thing----no life, no birth.

"Homosexuality" is a gross distortion of human sexuality. It warps God's creation. It perverts the core of what marriage is!

So"gay marriage" is one more piece of the diabolical puzzle in America that Satan is using to undermine the family. And it gets worse when these men adopt a young child who lives in the same house with two men lip-locking and sleeping together. This child watches and learns and is indoctrinated into accepting a sin.

Imagine how vile it is to God to see these "lesbians" having sperm banks and third parties impregnating them with some anonymous man's sperm or some acquaintance's?!

And consider the potential persecutions to come when very soon the LGBT lobby goes after churches and demands priests and pastors marry these folks. Lawsuits, accusations of bigotry and intolerance, defamation, loathing, and $$$ taken away with suits...

Liberals say that this concern is silly and they won't force themselves on churches, but you know it's pure baloney...they want more and more and escalate their demands each decade.

We have watched this lobby ruin America, and they're just getting warmed up. Persecution is coming...

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I have been exposed to paranoid alarmists who thought the end was just around the corner from a young age. Their tune hasn't changed, and I'm not sure that it's their fault. It may be that some people are just predisposed to see every bump in the road as persecution and every change in social mores as a sign of the end times. I will defend the Church should She come under direct attack from people who try to dictate Her Sacraments. I will not Chicken Little about nonsense persecution because it destroys whatever goodwill we have from sympathetic outsiders. There are evil people who wish to brand Christians as gullible, superstitious conspiracy-theorists with persecution complexes who's beliefs are akin to Tarot or Heaven's Gate. There are Christians that are shortsighted enough to help them.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I have been exposed to paranoid alarmists who thought the end was just around the corner from a young age. Their tune hasn't changed, and I'm not sure that it's their fault. It may be that some people are just predisposed to see every bump in the road as persecution and every change in social mores as a sign of the end times. I will defend the Church should She come under direct attack from people who try to dictate Her Sacraments. I will not Chicken Little about nonsense persecution because it destroys whatever goodwill we have from sympathetic outsiders. There are evil people who wish to brand Christians as gullible, superstitious conspiracy-theorists with persecution complexes who's beliefs are akin to Tarot or Heaven's Gate. There are Christians that are shortsighted enough to help them.
Google "short history of the apocalypse ". There seems to be a distinct trait of the human psyche to assume A. we're in the last generation, and B. everything is going from bad to worse. Perfectly sincere people have been claiming The End is upon us for at least 5000 years, hundreds of times such predictions have been made, and that's just the ones we know about, and without exception, they've all been spectacularly wrong. That's a track record I have faith in.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Google "short history of the apocalypse ". There seems to be a distinct trait of the human psyche to assume A. we're in the last generation, and B. everything is going from bad to worse. Perfectly sincere people have been claiming The End is upon us for at least 5000 years, hundreds of times such predictions have been made, and that's just the ones we know about, and without exception, they've all been spectacularly wrong. That's a track record I have faith in.

Every last one of them (except the first, perhaps) thought "this time is different." We have a lot of great Saints and respected theologians who prayed and studied and predicted the end and were wrong. I'm not sure how modern folk can justify a belief that they just know better than the good men who went before. As I said, part of me suspects that it isn't something they can help or reason through - that the need for enduring persecution (imagined or not) and the need to feel like they are in the know overpowers whatever reason they normally posess and they give their belief that o these ideas because they provide something they long for. Often times end-times predictors will hop from one preoccupying topic to the next, always thinking "this is really it".

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
A very long way away. Sometimes even further.
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Hmm.

If I wanted to join dots about timing, it looks rather more plausible to notice that this comes so close after Francis encyclical, and completely blots out discussion of that. Produce an imagined enemy to distract from a real crisis is the oldest political trick in the book.

Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

James Is Back

CF's Official Locksmith
Aug 21, 2014
Oklahoma
✟32,480.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Mod Hat On

Thread reopened and cleaned due to excessive amouts of flaming so if your post is gone that is the reason. Folks it got heated in here and we all need to learn how to control on what we say to one another. If you disagree with someone fine but address their point not them personally.

Mod Hat Off

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,076.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
"For this cause, I say, when He [Jesus] had told all things, both the times and the seasons, and had brought it to the very doors (for it is near, He says, even at the doors), He was silent as to the day. For if you seek after the day and hour, you shall not hear them of me, says He; but if of times and preludes, without hiding anything, I will tell you all exactly."

- St. John Chrysostom, Homily 77 on Matthew (emphasis added)

"'The interpretation of this word [the word of God] cannot merely keep referring us to one interpretation after another, without ever leading us to a statement which is simply true.' Man is not caught in a hall of mirrors of interpretation; he can and must look for the way out to the reality that stands behind the words and manifests itself to him in and through the words."

- Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger, Truth and Tolerance, 189 (2004)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.