The Beast and the Woman

T

Time Watcher

Who or what is this "woman" of Revelation hated by Satan's beast and his followers?

MBG is a symbolic term used by the Lord to describe all of lost humanity specifically from the flood forward .... "she" represents the unfaithful of fallen humanity that has intentionally separated itself from His providence and direction

Included in the descriptions is the concept of the "city" which is the model of organized intransigence against the Lord, both just after the flood [Genesis 10; 11] and at the time of the end of this present age where the "woman" has become a worldwide connection of the cities of the nations on the earth [Revelation 16:18-20; 17:1-7; 17:15-18; 18:1-24]

All human cities [collective human settlements] are included in the composition of the "woman" and form the center of political and religious intransigence effecting the direction of humanity including Jerusalem

At the time of the end she has a "great city" part that is the central core of world trading and commerce .... an exporter and importer of wealth and materialism larger than all of the rest .... this "great city's" destruction will be the first of a series of judgments at the beginning of the Lord's coming wrath [Revelation 8:7-12; 14:8; 17:16-18; 18:1-21]

It is this "great city" that becomes the target of hatred and eventual destruction by Satan's Middle Eastern beast and his followers because the "great city" stands in the way of satan's ambition to rule the earth through his beast in the little horn of Daniel's visions [Daniel 7:7-25; 8:9-12; 8:23-25; 11:36-45; 12:7]

This destruction will cause worldwide upheaval with regard to economic collapse and the creation of a blade runner society [Revelation 6:5-6; 13:16-17; 18:9-19] in which the beast and his followers will thrive and the beast will cause great destruction across the globe against any who oppose him including the invasion and occupation of Israel and the holy land [Daniel 11:41; Revelation 11:2; 13:5].... a mortal believing remnant part of Israel will be spared and will survive this coming tribulation [Jeremiah 30; 31] in order to repopulate the Lord's coming millennial kingdom upon the earth [Isaiah 11; 27:13; Zechariah 13:8-9; 14:4-5; Matthew 24:15-16; 24:29-31; Romans 11:25-36; Revelation 12:6; 12:14]

Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
near Olympic National Park
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
...unless it is Jerusalem/Judaism of the 1st century, co-opting Roman power to punish Christians, but then turned on by Roman power and devoured (possibly for not stopping them). The term 'harlot' is a step away from the original term for a Levitical priest's wife who has strayed. That indicates a pre-existing relationship, which there was.

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Devarim 11:21
Visit site
✟112,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Your woman/wife/flesh is deceived. Do not allow her to speak out in the congregation because she speaks only according to the flesh and is the mother of all primitive flesh chay-life, (she may be "saved" and continue on through child birth and that way only). Heed the words of Paulos and use the law of sin against her if and when she becomes unruly. There is a body psuchikon and there is a body pneumatikon. There is a body earthly and there is a body heavenly. Mortify the deeds of the body, mortify your members which are upon your earth. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin. If you do this you do well. Take heed lest you find yourself like the Girgashite man of the Gergesenos in the End married to the seven-headed queen of Sheba as in the days of Noah. If your desert nomad wandering eye offends you pluck it out and cast it from you, if your right hand of power offends you cut it off and cast it from you, if your foot is always running swiftly into mischief cut it off and cast it from you; lest the eagles be gathered to summer on your carcass. ^_^ :)

Upvote 0

zeke37

IMO...
May 24, 2007
✟20,694.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Who or what is this "woman" of Revelation hated by Satan's beast and his followers?

MBG is a symbolic term used by the Lord to describe all of lost humanity specifically from the flood forward .... "she" represents the unfaithful of fallen humanity that has intentionally separated itself from His providence and direction

Included in the descriptions is the concept of the "city" which is the model of organized intransigence against the Lord, both just after the flood [Genesis 10; 11] and at the time of the end of this present age where the "woman" has become a worldwide connection of the cities of the nations on the earth [Revelation 16:18-20; 17:1-7; 17:15-18; 18:1-24]

All human cities [collective human settlements] are included in the composition of the "woman" and form the center of political and religious intransigence effecting the direction of humanity including Jerusalem

At the time of the end she has a "great city" part that is the central core of world trading and commerce .... an exporter and importer of wealth and materialism larger than all of the rest .... this "great city's" destruction will be the first of a series of judgments at the beginning of the Lord's coming wrath [Revelation 8:7-12; 14:8; 17:16-18; 18:1-21]

It is this "great city" that becomes the target of hatred and eventual destruction by Satan's Middle Eastern beast and his followers because the "great city" stands in the way of satan's ambition to rule the earth through his beast in the little horn of Daniel's visions [Daniel 7:7-25; 8:9-12; 8:23-25; 11:36-45; 12:7]

This destruction will cause worldwide upheaval with regard to economic collapse and the creation of a blade runner society [Revelation 6:5-6; 13:16-17; 18:9-19] in which the beast and his followers will thrive and the beast will cause great destruction across the globe against any who oppose him including the invasion and occupation of Israel and the holy land [Daniel 11:41; Revelation 11:2; 13:5].... a mortal believing remnant part of Israel will be spared and will survive this coming tribulation [Jeremiah 30; 31] in order to repopulate the Lord's coming millennial kingdom upon the earth [Isaiah 11; 27:13; Zechariah 13:8-9; 14:4-5; Matthew 24:15-16; 24:29-31; Romans 11:25-36; Revelation 12:6; 12:14]
have u heard Walid Shoebat teach that Saudi Arabia is the harlot?

Upvote 0

Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
near Olympic National Park
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Rom 11's conclusion is very much about the present time of the Gospel; there are three "nows" to show that the issues of leveling things between the two kinds of believers are settled. It is not about the future, even though there are rhetorical questions in 11 that sound that way (they are not predictions per se).

Upvote 0

zeke37

IMO...
May 24, 2007
✟20,694.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
the original meaning is Jerusalem, the part that wanted and collaborated with Rome, and that said it would be able to keep the Christians under control, as well as the zealots of Judaism.
I actually agree that the harlot is Jerusalem
the harlot rides the beast...
I believe the beast to be Islam
the beast eventually turns on the harlot

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Mystery Babylon is Jerusalem. The Lord gives us a huge clue in Revelation 12:4:
4 The woman was clothed in purple and scarlet, and adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls, having in her hand a gold cup full of abominations and of the unclean things of her immorality,

This description speaks of the dress of the high priest as Exodus 28 describes!

This is after Christ has made the sacrifice of Himself abolishing the ceremonia law of the Old Covenant. The continuation of offeringsand sacrifices are an abomination to God...but even before Christ this is affirming the spiritual harlotry/adultery of Jerusalem, Judah, and Israel all through the OT starting with Solomon in Jerusalem as he allows his wives to set up altars to foreign Gods, as well as the evil kings of Judah that allowed the worship of foreign gods in Jerusalem. Israel also, under Rehoboam sets up a totally false worship system in Israel when the kingdom was split.

Jeremiah gives us the insight of the *if* we listen to him! He said to Judah in Jeremiah 3:1-5:
3 God says, “If a husband divorces his wife And she goes from him
And belongs to another man, Will he still return to her? Will not that land be completely polluted? But you are a harlot with many lovers; Yet you turn to Me,” declares the Lord.
2 “Lift up your eyes to the bare heights and see; Where have you not been violated? By the roads you have sat for them Like an Arab in the desert,
And you have polluted a land With your harlotry and with your wickedness.
3 “Therefore the showers have been withheld, And there has been no spring rain. Yet you had a harlot’s forehead; You refused to be ashamed.
4 “Have you not just now called to Me, ‘My Father, You are the friend of my youth?
5 ‘Will He be angry forever? Will He be indignant to the end?’ Behold, you have spoken And have done evil things, And you have had your way.”

This passage is really just insight and reflection, because we know God ultimately judged Judah/Jerusalem by the Babylonian captivity. The difference now is, not only did they reject and crucify Christ from Jerusalem...but continuing in the sacrificial system with offering no longer accepted by God, this is false worship. Also, as the following verse states...they are guilty of the blood of the prophets right along with Rome...this is why She rides the beast...who is Rome!!! Rev 17:6:
6 And I saw the woman drunk with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the witnesses of Jesus. When I saw her, I wondered greatly.

John is wondering because he sees this vision and I think he knows it's Jerusalem which, represents Israel!!!

The last time this woman was mentioned was Revelation 12:14:
14 But the two wings of the great eagle were given to the woman, so that she could fly into the wilderness to her place, where she *was nourished for a time and times and half a time, from the presence of the serpent.

This is that woman is who flees into the wilderness! John is taken off into the wilderness to see her in Revelation 12:3:
3 And he carried me away in the Spirit into a wilderness; and I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast, full of blasphemous names, having seven heads and ten horns.

This is why I hold her to be Jerusalem...they persecuted God's apostles and and saints. It started in Acts 7 with the stoning of Stephen, followed on in Acts 8 as the saints were scattered from Jerusalem...and from that point on they persecuted the church aligned with Rome!

The woman is Jerusalem/Israel as I see it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

coraline

Apr 22, 2013
Florida
✟1,027.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
the original meaning is Jerusalem, the part that wanted and collaborated with Rome, and that said it would be able to keep the Christians under control, as well as the zealots of Judaism.

Yes, it was. The "Jerusalem that now is" according to Paul, in his generation, was the earthly Jerusalem- who was in bondage with her children.

Revelation depicts the 2 women.

The earthly Jerusalem in bondage, the mother of harlots- AND the "New Jerusalem, the mother of us all" (Believers who accepted the Messiah)

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
And I think EbedM means Jerusalem at that time--mid-first century, but the Rev is a message about that time
Indeed. It was 70 AD for sure.

The fact is...before 1948...the dispensationalist were getting nervous...then all their books come out about Israel being a nation again. Now...they await an "Ichabod" temple to be built...because God certainly won't dwell there.

What we have now...is every time something jumps off in the Middle East, books about already fulfilled prophecy come out.

Someone has to make money.

Upvote 0