Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
This is the third time now. The second time I was not at home. This time however I was.

He remembered me and our conversation. Asked if I was attending a local church. I said yes, and I named my the Lutheran Church that we attend. He offered an invitation to go to his church, which I declined. So then he mentioned that the run a seminary and wanted to know if I would be interested in going. So I asked him if it was a Baptist seminary, which it is. I declined letting him know that I am Lutheran. He asked if I was saved. I reminded him that I told him my salvation story.

I did however ask that he no longer knock on my door.

I just wanted to give an update to my first thread on this subject.

Last edited:

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,534.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
This is the third time now. The second time I was not at home. This time however I was.

He remembered me and our conversation. Asked if I was attending a local church. I said yes, and I named my the Lutheran Church that we attend. He offered an invitation to go to his church, which I declined. So then he mentioned that the run a seminary and wanted to know if I would be interested in going. So I asked him if it was a Baptist seminary, which it is. I declined letting him know that I am Lutheran. He asked if I was saved. I reminded him that I told him my salvation story.

I did however ask that he no longer knock on my door.

I just wanted to give an update to my first thread on this subject.
Sad but typical. When it becomes about numbers you tend to try to steal from other congregations.

Reactions: JM and Avid
Upvote 0

Pedrito

May 4, 2015
✟8,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
twin1954's comment brought something to mind.

Many years ago, I was invited to a gathering one night by a couple we had met through my wife's work. It was a social occasion, held in their house, but I was the only person in attendance who was not a member of their local Baptist Church.

Possibly because of his inexperience, the young assistant pastor who was there divulged some information that appears should have been kept confidential. (And this is the first time I have ever told anyone else about it.)

I'm assuming it was in an attempt to impress me, that he told me of a special organisation within the Baptist Church (Baptist Union of Australia).

He explained that that organisation regularly scouted for areas that would be suitable for planting a new Baptist Church. When a suitable area was found, a young couple or family would move into the area and start the ministry.

However, the wisdom of the Baptist church lay in how it selected the areas to become involved in.

There were two criteria:

1. There had to be a demonstrable spiritual need;
2. There had to be recently established and successful church planting activity by one or more other Protestant denominations.

That way, the hard work of initial church planting would have been done by others, and there would be a ready source of reached individuals that could be poached (I can't remember the exact word he used – it wasn't poached, but that's what he meant) to form the initial core group.

He told me all that with pride in his voice. I guess most of the people he dealt with responded to worldly wisdom.

It had the opposite effect on me. The whole aim of the organisation had been revealed as:
– Go where the Baptist denomination can be most easily expanded.
– Disregard those areas where the spiritual need is greatest.

I think I can be forgiven for not being impressed.

(The name of the assistant pastor, the address of the get together, and the approximate year, are recorded.)

Upvote 0

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
He hasn't been back to our apartment, though I have seen him around the apartment complex.

I guess I can understand why he chose this complex as it is not a very nice neighborhood. Trash everywhere, drug activity, disrespectful kids and adults, our car has been damaged twice, one time was our windshield, the second is our passenger side quarter panel. We have to put out $500 that we do not have for a deductible when we weren't even in the car when it happened. We were in our apartment and didn't see it till the next day. Last week there were all types of police here, including detectives, and one cop with a battering ram to arrest someone wanted for robberies in two different counties and Puerto Rico. Back in 2010 someone was shot and killed due to a domestic violence incident.

We do out best to keep attention off of us and only associate with a few people. Last week we gave two gallons of milk, two loaves of bread and two boxes of cereal to a family on the second floor of our building. The mom is struggling right now as she has 4 kids one being only 7 months old and as she puts it a baby daddy that will not do anything to help.

So I understand why he is coming to the complex to save people, but when you knock on a door and they tell you that they are saved and gave you their salvation story, and happy with their Lutheran Church, don't knock again and concentrate on another apartment.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Why would they be harm in lending him a hand?

He doesn't seem to mind that your another denomination,have you considered he was sent for a reason?

I will fellowship with most Christians, but not those religions that deny Christ as the son of God.

It reminds me of this:

Revelation 3
Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Upvote 0

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others

He doesn't seem to mind that your another denomination,have you considered he was sent for a reason?

I will fellowship with most Christians, but not those religions that deny Christ as the son of God.

It reminds me of this:

Revelation 3
Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

The harm is that we live in this complex and retaliation is a problem. People here do not care about your property. We are already struggling to come up with the $500 deductible to fix our fender. The lady thing we need is more damage to happen to our car. It is the only one we have and we do not live near public transportation.

Yes, he did actually mind that we were another denomination. In his mind he believes that we are not saved because we're not Baptist. He was not interested in fellowship, but getting us to go to his church and our conversion.

Upvote 0

mikedsjr

Master Newbie
Aug 7, 2014
Fort Worth,Tx
✟17,192.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The verse you quoted has nothing to do with his situation. Its eisegetic use of Scripture.

It reminds me of this:

Revelation 3

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
The harm is that we live in this complex and retaliation is a problem. People here do not care about your property. We are already struggling to come up with the $500 deductible to fix our fender. The lady thing we need is more damage to happen to our car. It is the only one we have and we do not live near public transportation.

Yes, he did actually mind that we were another denomination. In his mind he believes that we are not saved because we're not Baptist. He was not interested in fellowship, but getting us to go to his church and our conversion.

That is unfortunate,that he would place his denomination above a sincere desire to help others.

Sometimes they want to indoctrinate the lost and everyone else ahead of what they are called to do.

I could be wrong but that sounds like Baptist Bride belief.

God Bless I hope reality sets in on your door knocker

Upvote 0

mikedsjr

Master Newbie
Aug 7, 2014
Fort Worth,Tx
✟17,192.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Again, the Revelation 3:20 is out of context. Where was i being sarcastic? You used the verse out of context to make a point. That's wrong.

Why would you make this assumption?

Unless you have personal knowledge of the circumstances, there is no benefit in sarcasm.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums