God's Kingdom
✟18,390.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah, I'm thinning on the old top too. This depressed the crap out of me for a while until I embraced it and shaved my head. Everyday I learn how to cope better and better, gaining more confidence all the time. I make Vin Diesel look like Elmer Fudd... Shazam!

Upvote 0

bartony

Senior Veteran
Oct 14, 2005
Abilene Texas
✟11,486.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Wow, what an active forum! I'm impressed! Thanks for the welcome, folks. So good to be here. Yeah, Jake, we just learn to accept our "bald is beautiful" status and keep our sun-reflective heads held high. :D

Good plan, Zilam, about the bald is beautiful club. That'll work!:thumbsup:

I got a hoot out of the follicles comment, Vicky! These low maintenance hair styles really are nice. Thanks for making an ol' thin-haired person feel better.:D True about the Mature singles. Just nothing going on there.
So glad I found this one.

Thanks for those castor "erl" links, Zatara. I can't decide what might happen faster, the hair growth or trips to the 'john' taking castor oil-ha!
It would be an interesting experience I'm sure.:D

Upvote 0

MacFall

Agorist
Nov 24, 2007
Western Pennsylvania, USA
✟25,688.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Wow, what an active forum! I'm impressed! Thanks for the welcome, folks. So good to be here.

Just so you know, people do tend to get into arguments occasionally around here. I think that comes naturally with a busy, highly-populated forum. Don't let that scare you off.

Upvote 0

broken_one

Fear is but something to be overcome.
Jun 5, 2008
✟22,438.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Just so you know, people do tend to get into arguments occasionally around here. I think that comes naturally with a busy, highly-populated forum. Don't let that scare you off.
Or don't get upset about what other people do or say, like I did this morning. It's just not worth it.

Don't run. Please. :p

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's true, this area is mostly populated by youngins (as I call them) lol. I'm a crusty, miserly 33 year old myself :D

Tony, I haven't seen you here before, but please accept my condolences on your wife's ordeal and passing. And if that's a photo of her on your profile, she was a beautiful lady!

I hope we'll be seeing you more around this forum :)

Upvote 0

bartony

Senior Veteran
Oct 14, 2005
Abilene Texas
✟11,486.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Hello Vicky -

I call 33 "way back yonner" in my age rear view mirror! I wish I was 33 again!
Thanks so much about my Barb. God got us together kinda late in life, neither of us had married and our upbringings and backgrounds were mirror images! That union was of God, and no accident. She was a precious soul mate angel to me. The almost 17 years of being with her, almost 14 of those in marriage, was but the blink of an eye. The memories both happy and not so happy flood my heart every day. I'm healing, but still there are the tear times.

I'll be hanging in here as long as ya'll can stand me.:p

Thanks so much for your kind words of sympathy.

Oh, adding on here, I noticed you are in health care, Vicky. My Barb was a long time nurse aid at a nursing home, and we both did home health care as aids for a time!

God bless,

Tony

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Inkachu

Jan 31, 2008
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello Vicky -

I call 33 "way back yonner" in my age rear view mirror! I wish I was 33 again!
Thanks so much about my Barb. God got us together kinda late in life, neither of us had married and our upbringings and backgrounds were mirror images! That union was of God, and no accident. She was a precious soul mate angel to me. The almost 17 years of being with her, almost 14 of those in marriage, was but the blink of an eye. The memories both happy and not so happy flood my heart every day. I'm healing, but still there are the tear times.

I'll be hanging in here as long as ya'll can stand me.:p

Thanks so much for your kind words of sympathy.

Oh, adding on here, I noticed you are in health care, Vicky. My Barb was a long time nurse aid at a nursing home, and we both did home health care as aids for a time!

God bless,

Tony

That's such a sweet, special story :) I hope my future husband (whoever he is) will feel the same way about me. It gives me hope, too, since I'm still single with no romantic prospects in sight. You know, I wouldn't be upset if God said "You won't get married until you're 50" if I were already 49! The age doesn't bother me; the WAITING bothers me.

Yes, I work for the state dept of health, though I'm just an administrative person, not a nurse or anything :) Healthcare is definitely in the thick of things, as far as social and political topics right now.

Upvote 0

MacFall

Agorist
Nov 24, 2007
Western Pennsylvania, USA
✟25,688.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Wait, you work for the government?! You know this means I'm going to have to throw one of those shiny black round bombs into your window now, right?

bomb2.gif

:p

Upvote 0

bartony

Senior Veteran
Oct 14, 2005
Abilene Texas
✟11,486.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
That's such a sweet, special story :) I hope my future husband (whoever he is) will feel the same way about me. It gives me hope, too, since I'm still single with no romantic prospects in sight. You know, I wouldn't be upset if God said "You won't get married until you're 50" if I were already 49! The age doesn't bother me; the WAITING bothers me.

Yes, I work for the state dept of health, though I'm just an administrative person, not a nurse or anything :) Healthcare is definitely in the thick of things, as far as social and political topics right now.

Thanks about the story, Vicky. I've often thought mine and Barb's lives together, from the day we met til she passed on should be made into a movie. There wouldn't be a dry eye in the house. Lupus complications is what took her on. I was with her in that hospital day and night with a bed in her room. I only left to run errands, pay bills and check on our pet bird at home. Then right back. I was with her til the very end. I could see her health declining in those very short months, but deep love kept me in denial as to what was happening. They couldn't diagnose lupus at first, not until a few days til she left. It is a vicious disease.

I am glad my story has given you hope. There really are others out there with true hearts and no games to play to hurt you. I had that done to me in Feb. by a member of another forum here on CF and it has made me very suspicious and gun shy. The "lady" had no remorse or regrets, just walked away like nothing had happened. I so happened to be one of her "mental phases" she was going through. Telling me she loved me within a week of emails and two phone calls, the old fool I am, I didn't suspect a thing.
Sorry I got off into that. Still a little bitter I guess.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Steffenfield

Jul 9, 2010
✟6,993.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Reactions: EyesOfKohl
Upvote 0

Inkachu

Jan 31, 2008
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wait, you work for the government?! You know this means I'm going to have to throw one of those shiny black round bombs into your window now, right?

bomb2.gif

:p

Hey, just cause I work for them doesn't mean I like them lol.

(Cause I don't!)

Thanks about the story, Vicky. I've often thought mine and Barb's lives together, from the day we met til she passed on should be made into a movie. There wouldn't be a dry eye in the house. Lupus complications is what took her on. I was with her in that hospital day and night with a bed in her room. I only left to run errands, pay bills and check on our pet bird at home. Then right back. I was with her til the very end. I could see her health declining in those very short months, but deep love kept me in denial as to what was happening. They couldn't diagnose lupus at first, not until a few days til she left. It is a vicious disease.

I am glad my story has given you hope. There really are others out there with true hearts and no games to play to hurt you. I had that done to me in Feb. by a member of another forum here on CF and it has made me very suspicious and gun shy. The "lady" had no remorse or regrets, just walked away like nothing had happened. I so happened to be one of her "mental phases" she was going through. Telling me she loved me within a week of emails and two phone calls, the old fool I am, I didn't suspect a thing.
Sorry I got off into that. Still a little bitter I guess.

I know what it's like to lose someone too early in life...it's horrible in every way. I'm glad you had each other, and that your love remained until the end.

I'm sorry that you got hurt by someone here. You'd like to think this would be a safe place, but truly, NO place is safe. I'm sure you aren't an old fool, and if you were, now you know how to NOT be one again. Always beware the women who pledge undying love before you even know each others' favorite foods! In all seriousness though...the internet is not a safe place to find relationships (as a general rule). Yes, there are nice, genuine people out there, but there are many more liars, fakes, scammers, and just plain crazies. But I don't mean to sound motherly, so I'll stop lol. Just be careful, and ALWAYS listen to your instincts.

I kinda "think" I may be,Steff. Not really wanting to spit rice yet, but someone to fill the void til I'm with my Barb again with the Lord.:)

Took me a moment to realize what "spit rice" means LOL. That's a new one to me.

Upvote 0