Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I don't mind atheists but I don't like the proud, argumentative ones. You could say the same about some Catholics too, I know.
Last year I met some atheists in a Toastmasters group I was attending. The topic came up "Gay marriage should be legalised in Australia." Christian members either kept quiet like me or felt very nervous putting their case forward against legalisation. It is very uncool to express doubts about the legalisation of gay marriage and atheists come into their own! They really shine!!

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's cool, I choose my friends by character.

I agree. Some of the most kindest people I have ever met over the years have been atheists and other non-Christians. And a lot of the people I have encountered over the years in political activism and fighting social injustice have been atheists too.

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Sometimes I think it takes more courage to say you believe in something that can't be proven than to hedge your bets by saying you are either agnostic or atheist. Also I couldn't spend the last hour of my life thinking.."oh well, this is it, soon I'll be dust, so what the hell did that all mean? I'm soon to vanish into nothingness."
I was disappointed to find out Ricky Gervais was an atheist because I think he is hilarious and he has got a big heart!

Upvote 0

John Davidson

Apr 6, 2016
United States
✟20,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
why give him this book? evolution is completely in line with catholicism.

1. Because he is an atheist and this book sets forth evidence for an intelligent designer.

2. I'm not Catholic and no evolution is not in line with creationism.

Upvote 0

Fish and Bread

Dona nobis pacem
Jan 31, 2005
✟68,185.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
2. I'm not Catholic and no evolution is not in line with creationism.

You're posting in the Liberal Catholic forum, though. Liberal Catholics almost all believe in evolution. Even the majority of Catholics in general do. Pope Francis was asked about this question once and replied that God is not "a magician, with a magic wand". :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fish and Bread

Dona nobis pacem
Jan 31, 2005
✟68,185.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
God is more than a magician. He said "Let there be light" and there was light.

Science is by it's nature the exploration of what God has created and how he has created it. When we discover more about what and how God created things, we discover more about God. Evolution is a scientific fact. So is the Big Bang Theory, which was first postulated by a Catholic priest, by the way. To deny science is to deny God.

Genesis was never intended as a history or a science textbook. Those forms of literature didn't even exist at the time it was written. It was written to convey morality and the religious ideas of the ancient Jews about the relationship between God and humankind.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Genersis

Person of Disinterest
Sep 26, 2011
London
✟38,700.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
I get along with this guy pretty good. He's pretty funny and has a big heart but I mostly attribute that to his Catholic upbringing and education.
Huh.
I always thought big hearts were caused by high blood pressure and/or coronary artery disease.

Upvote 0