U.S.A.
✟8,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
If you do not have a handle on the following don't try to figure out end time prophesy, because you can't!

The Abrahamic covenant, is an unconditional covenant. A covenant established and sealed by God. Man will have no effect, for it is fully unconditional.

The secret to Israelis immortality is God's promise to preserve the seed of Abraham, and the land of Israel for the Jews forever.

The Abrahamic covenant consists of 7 provisions, they are,

The First Provision:
Gen.12:2, "And I (God) will make of thee a great nation," Although, Abraham is the father of many nations, (most of whom are Arabs,) through primarily his son Ishmael, and to a lesser extent his sons Zimran, Joshan, Median, Midian, Ishbak, and Shuah. Gen.16:3, 25:2. The promise of the Messiah would find its fulfillment in Israel, the seed of Abraham through the line of Isaac.

The reference in Gen 12:2 is clearly to one nation (singular), not many. God said to Abraham, "I will bless thee, and make thy name great." This conclusion of, "a great nation," (one) is drawn from the Scriptures which declare that Isaac was the sole inheritor. Gen.17:19-21

The Second Provision:
The promise was one of personal blessing for Abraham Gen.12:2, "I will bless thee," This being fulfilled in two ways.

1. From a temporal standpoint, Abraham was blessed with an abundance of wealth and material possessions Gen.13:14-15-17-18, and Gen.24:34-35.

2. Abraham was also blessed spiritually, Gen.15:6, "And he (Abraham) believed in the LORD; and He (God) counted it to him for righteousness." The word 'believed' is a verb, and is in a tense meaning a continuous past action--literally, Abraham, "kept on believing in the LORD."

The Third Provision:
The third promise is found in Genesis 12:2, "And I will .......make thy name great." Thus, Abraham would be a man of renown. Except for our Lord Jesus, Abraham is undoubtedly the most widely recognized name in the Bible. Today 4000 years later, millions of Christians, Muslims, and Jews around the world honor the name of Abraham.

The Fourth Provision:
The Lord told Abraham, in Gen.12:2, "Thou shalt be a blessing." This was not only a prediction, but a Divine mandate. God instructs Abraham to be a blessing. The Jews are designated as the, "Chosen People." That is, God will show himself through this nation and this people.

God has and is still showing himself through this people and this land. The meaning of these words concerning the Jews, never implied that they were in any way better spiritually than others, for it is written in

Acts 10:34-35, "Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: But in every nation = (both Jew and Gentile) he = (anyone) that feareth him,= (God) and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him."

The Fifth Provision:
Gen.12:3, God said, "I will bless them that bless thee," This declaration by God established a very important principle: being that any nation that blesses and sustains the Jewish people will flourish under the power of the Lord.

The Sixth Provision:
Gen.12:3, God said, "I will ...curse him that curseth thee." God will place His judgment on these nations that come against His people and their land. History bears this out. The sin of anti-Semitism = (Jew haters) inevitably brings God's judgment upon them.

The Seventh Provision:
Gen.12:3, states, "In thee shall all families of the earth be blessed." The unfolding of God's plan establishes the threefold fulfillment of His promise.

1. The world has been blessed by the coming of the Lord Jesus; He from Abraham seed. Jesus is the prophesied seed of Eve, Gen.3:15, This promise was fulfilled through Abraham.

2. The promise is now extended to the body of Christ, the true church, consisting of both Jew and Gentile. Christian Gentiles have not replaced the Jews' as the "chosen people," we have been grafted in, or adopted into the promise and blessings. "To the Jew first, and then the Gentiles."

These promises are fulfilled in Jesus and the Church. Gal.3:29, "And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise." The Church has never replaced the nation of Israel or the Jewish people. The existence of a spiritual seed in no way nullifies God's commitment to Abraham's physical seed.

3. In the promised coming of the 1000 year reign of Christ, = (The Millennium, meaning 1000) the Gentile nations will be blessed through Israel, Abraham's physical seed.

Deut.28:8- 14. "The LORD shall command the blessing upon thee = (the Jew) -- and he shall bless thee in the land (Israel) which the LORD thy God giveth thee. The LORD shall establish thee (the Jews) an holy people unto himself as he hath sworn unto thee, (through the Abrahamic covenant) --- and all people of the earth shall see that thou (the Jew) art called by the name of the LORD; and they shall be afraid of thee."

He goes on to tell us how He will prosper the people and the land with agriculture, goods, fair weather, financial, medical, the sciences, etc. "And thou shall make thee (the Jew) the head, and not the tail; and thou shalt be above only, and thou shalt not be beneath; etc."

Isa.60:3- 5-11-16. "And the (unsaved) Gentiles shall come to thy light, = (Messiah) and kings to the brightness of thy rising.= (the Lords return) -- the Gentiles shall come unto thee (the Jew.) Therefore thy gates shall be open continually: they shall not be shut day nor night; that men may bring unto thee the forces (wealth) of the Gentiles, and that their kings may be brought. Thou (the Jews) shalt suck the milk of the Gentiles, and shalt suck the breast of kings: and thou shalt know that I the LORD am thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the might One of Jacob."

Phillip LaSpino Taken from seekfirstwisdom

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Very selective on the Abrahamic Covenant...which the apostle Paul really unlocks in Galatians 3:15-18
15 Brethren, I speak in terms of human relations: even though it is only a man’s covenant, yet when it has been ratified, no one sets it aside or adds conditions to it.
16 Now the promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. He does not say, “And to seeds,” as referring to many, but rather to one, “And to your seed,” that is, Christ.
17 What I am saying is this: the Law, which came four hundred and thirty years later, does not invalidate a covenant previously ratified by God, so as to nullify the promise.
18 For if the inheritance is based on law, it is no longer based on a promise; but God has granted it to Abraham by means of a promise.

So contrary to what's attempting to be presented by the OP...THE PROMISE IS THE LORD JESUS CHRIST...through whom ALL must come!!!

This is the folly of not allowing the NT apostles to interpret the OT prophecies by the Holy Spirit!!!

Paul takes it a step further in Galatians 4:21-31:
21 Tell me, you who want to be under law, do you not listen to the law?
22 For it is written that Abraham had two sons, one by the bondwoman and one by the free woman.
23 But the son by the bondwoman was born according to the flesh, and the son by the free woman through the promise.
24 This is allegorically speaking, for these women are two covenants: one proceeding from Mount Sinai bearing children who are to be slaves; she is Hagar.
25 Now this Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia and corresponds to the present Jerusalem, for she is in slavery with her children.
26 But the Jerusalem above is free; she is our mother.
27 For it is written, “Rejoice, barren woman who does not bear; Break forth and shout, you who are not in labor; For more numerous are the children of the desolate Than of the one who has a husband.”
28 And you brethren, like Isaac, are children of promise.
29 But as at that time he who was born according to the flesh persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, so it is now also.
30 But what does the Scripture say?“Cast out the bondwoman and her son, For the son of the bondwoman shall not be an heir with the son of the free woman.”
31 So then, brethren, we are not children of a bondwoman, but of the free woman.

So then it's never a fleshly thing in the FIRST PLACE!!! Yet we have these who think it's about the fleshly nation of Israel...when really it's about the SPIRITUAL ISRAEL!!!

This is why Peter says to ALL CHRISTIANS in 1 Peter 2:9, 10:
9 But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God’s own possession, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;
10 for you once were not a people, but now you are the people of God; you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.

So this is why it's not about a fleshly nation (Israel)...but it's about a SPIRITUAL Israel...WHICH IS MADE UP OF JEWS AND GENTILES!!!!

Please note that Paul points to THE JERUSALEM ABOVE!!! He's not at all concerned with earthly Jerusalem.

God help us to see that!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0