1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 90% Theory

Discussion in 'Creation & Evolution' started by JohnR7, Aug 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnR7

JohnR7 New Member

Faith:
    Pentecostal
    Now that the industrial revolution is in full swing, they have come up with what they call the 90% theory. This theory says that in a lot of cases it is cheaper to throw away 10% of what you manufacture then it is to try and hit a 100% efficency rate.

So evolutionists are trying to apply this efficiency to evolution. They say that it is easier for put out 90% efficient species. Then dump the 10% or make a adjustment so they can not reproduce. That way evolution can dump all of the errors in that 10% in order to get rid of them.

2. EvoDan

EvoDan Senior Member

Faith:
    Atheist
    :scratch: Who is "they", and how are they "applying" this "efficiency" to evolution?

3. imind

imind Senior Veteran

Faith:
    Christian
    somebody please make sense of this for me. OP, if you'd like to give it another go, please, feel free.

4. vitodabona

vitodabona New Member

Faith:
    Atheist
    Is this what goes on in the factory that manufactures your strawmen for you?

TheInstant likes this.
  5. Opcode42

Opcode42 New Member

Faith:
    Atheist
    Was there an actual question here, point of discussion, or was it just rambling?

And for my own personal edification, are you in the regular habit of abandonding threads when you get called out to present evidence? Just want to know before I waste more time in 3 or 4 more threads where you subsequently leave when we started trying to get you to back up your claims.

6. vitodabona

vitodabona New Member

Faith:
    Atheist
    The latter.

You nailed it.

7. BeamMeUpScotty

BeamMeUpScotty Senior Veteran

Faith:
    Atheist
    I think Led Zeppelin said it best on side 2 of their second album..."it's time to ramble on..."

8. GoSeminoles!

GoSeminoles! Guest

No, you are thinking of Ambrosia's debut album, OneEighty.

9. JohnR7

JohnR7 New Member

Faith:
    Pentecostal
    I am the one that wastes a lot of time on here because no one knows anything about evolutionary theory. Even most Phds in Biology know very little about it.

The subject here is "COST". The cost of evolution. The way science works is you have to KNOW the keywords. That is also the way Google works. So if you memorize KEY words then you can find information about that very fast in this day and age.

In this case we are talking about COST along with EVOLUTION or NATURAL SELECTION. The tread is wide open to anything that has to do with the "cost" Here is an example:

10. JohnR7

JohnR7 New Member

Faith:
    Pentecostal
    Do a little research on what evolutionists have to say about the COST of evolution. While evolution maybe a strawmen theory I am not the author. Evolutionists are the ones that invent evolutionary theory. The more I study it, the more I learn about it, the more I realize that the average person knows nothing about it or almost nothing about it. Even people with Phds know almost nothing about it, outside of the area they are researching.

1 Cor. 14:33
    For God is not the author of confusion but of peace, as in all the churches of the saints.

11. AnEmpiricalAgnostic

AnEmpiricalAgnostic Agnostic by Fact, Atheist by Epiphany

Faith:
    Atheist
    With almost 22,000 posts I think John has resorted to creating his arguments with a Madlibs book.

notto and levi501 like this.
  12. Mincus

Mincus Regular Member

Faith:
    Atheist
    Do you think that maybe, just MAYBE, that it might be your idea of evolution is incorrect, meaning that your assertions about evolution don't match up to what others say?

Just a thought.

13. JohnR7

JohnR7 New Member

Faith:
    Pentecostal
    Maybe Evos have come to realize that their theory is incorrect. They use to try and defend it, but they do not try to defend it anymore.

14. JohnR7

JohnR7 New Member

Faith:
    Pentecostal
    Yeah, 22,000 posts and I still have not shown creationism to be true. But at least I have proven evolution to be false.

15. EvoDan

EvoDan Senior Member

Faith:
    Atheist
    Yeah... that's it.:bow:

16. XTE

XTE New Member

Faith:
    Atheist
    Megalomaniasism is a horrible, horrible thing to watch in anyone else.

When it finally takes hold the person always feel it's "them against the world." That "they know more than people that actually study the topic."

It's incredible to watch because it's rare, and you can't hardly believe what you are seeing.

I can't believe what I am seeing.

USincognito likes this.
  17. Maxwell511

Maxwell511 Contributor

Faith:
    Atheist
    Are you debating against the TOE based on the fact that "evolutionists" believe it doesn't break the 2nd LOT? Or am I not understanding your post at all?

18. Hydra009

Hydra009 bel esprit

Faith:
    Atheist
    Sorry, I stopped at this. It's impossible to take someone seriously when they post about technological developments in the late 18th and early 19th centuries as if they just now hit the scene.

USincognito likes this.
  19. TheBear

TheBear Free Agent

Faith:
    Atheist
    :D :thumbsup:

20. random_guy

random_guy Senior Veteran

Faith:
    Christian
    Moore's Law says that the number of transitors on a chip doubles every 18 months. So are the evolutionists applying this theory? If evolution was correct, the number of neuron connections in a brain should be doubling every 18 months, but according to phrenology, this has not been the case. Therefore, evolution is false.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.