Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Have you ever noticed that in order for a thread to remain for more than a week or two it has to be initiated by someone other than HPMBT? Another observation ;)

Really, some of us should compile a thread-statistics analysis paper.

Um, what is HPMBT?

~Benny Dixon
Walls built to keep others out also keep you in.

Upvote 0

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Have you noticed that for a thread to remain viable for more than a day or two it seems to have to have at least 1 post (replies) per 10 views?

Just a rule-of-thumb observation.

~Benny Dixon

But, you need to take in account of those who view the comments made by me, you, him, and her, and are the same me, you, him and her who don't alsways comment on what we just viewed. Therefore, by a rule-of-the-thumb observations, your statistics may be reduced by the eighty-twenty rule, and your 1 in 10, is now reduced to 1 in 2. Sorry!:)

Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nephilimiyr

I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open
Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Have you noticed that for a thread to remain viable for more than a day or two it seems to have to have at least 1 post (replies) per 10 views?

Just a rule-of-thumb observation.

~Benny Dixon

Perhaps you don't know this but everytime you yourself clicks onto a thread your view is counted.

That means if no one ever views your thread except you, and you have viewed it 12 times, the view counter will be set at 12 views. Of course, if you never log out or go off line after you have made those views the counter will not show it.

That also means that when you have a thread that has 1,000 views, that doesn't mean 1,000 different people have viewed your thread, that's just the number of times someone has clicked onto it. One person could view the thread 1,000 times and that will be added to the view counter.

I don't know how you arived at this 1:10 ratio but it's false, perhaps an illusion?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Perhaps you don't know this but everytime you yourself clicks onto a thread your view is counted.

That means if no one ever views your thread except you, and you have viewed it 12 times, the view counter will be set at 12 views. Of course, if you never log out or go off line after you have made those views the counter will not show it.

That also means that when you have a thread that has 1,000 views, that doesn't mean 1,000 people have viewed your thread, that's just the number of times someone has clicked onto it. One person could view the thread 1,000 times and that will be added to the view counter.

I don't know how you arived at this 1:10 ratio but it's false, perhaps an illusion?

mwahaha.jpg

Reactions: pinetree
Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

LOL, I know. I've always gotten a kick out of people who believe that hundreds or even thousands of people are reading what they have to say even though they have viewed their own thread hundreds or thousands of times. :D

I'm not sure if this applies or not but this song just came to mind while thinking of what I just said.

You got the karaoke machine, lets sing it together!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoRPohOA8WI

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ydouxist

Senior Veteran
Nov 27, 2003
Texas
Visit site
✟19,940.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I don't know how you arrived at this 1:10 ratio but it's false, perhaps an illusion?

I just clicked on this thread 3 times from other threads, even reloaded and it remained at 87 views.
Maybe my browser {Firefox} doesn't work the same as yours.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

nephilimiyr

Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I just clicked on this thread 3 times from other threads, even reloaded and it remained at 87 views.
Maybe my browser {Firefox} doesn't work the same as yours.

You need to go off line and come back to see the change.

"Of course, if you never log out or go off line after you have made those views the counter will not show it." ;)

Upvote 0

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

That also means that when you have a thread that has 1,000 views, that doesn't mean 1,000 different people have viewed your thread, that's just the number of times someone has clicked onto it. One person could view the thread 1,000 times and that will be added to the view counter.

And … ? :scratch:

It’s just an observation, neph.

~Robin Banks
Sometimes it takes as much faith to let go as it does to hang on.

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
And … ? :scratch:

It’s just an observation, neph.

~Robin Banks

Sometimes it takes as much faith to let go as it does to hang on.

I didn't mean to offend or accuse in anyway.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ydouxist

Senior Veteran
Nov 27, 2003
Texas
Visit site
✟19,940.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You need to go off line and come back to see the change.

"Of course, if you never log out or go off line after you have made those views the counter will not show it." ;)

I logged off 3 times and each time I viewed the thread it showed 143 views.
What can I say? It's 445 am and had nothing else to do.
:cool:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.