That great city which reigns over the kings of the earth.

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Of course once again.. you'll never hear the Israel haters speak of Jerusalem as the city of the great king, where the LORD will sit upon the throne of His glory when He comes in His glory..

Nope.. just stuff like how she's a harlot...

That sort of thing..

Exactly what the rulers of the darkness of this world would have all men believe and embrace as truth.

You must be Mad a God then... for it is HE who calls apostate Israel the HARLOT

Jeremiah 3:1 [ Israel Is Shameless ] “They say, ‘If a man divorces his wife, And she goes from him And becomes another man’s, May he return to her again?’ Would not that land be greatly polluted? But you have played the harlot with many lovers; Yet return to Me,” says the Lord.
Jeremiah 3:1-3 (in Context) Jeremiah 3 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
Jeremiah 3:3 Therefore the showers have been withheld, And there has been no latter rain. You have had a harlot’s forehead; You refuse to be ashamed.
Jeremiah 3:2-4 (in Context) Jeremiah 3 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
Jeremiah 3:8 Then I saw that for all the causes for which backsliding Israel had committed adultery, I had put her away and given her a certificate of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah did not fear, but went and played the harlot also.
Jeremiah 3:7-9 (in Context) Jeremiah 3 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
Jeremiah 13:27 I have seen your adulteries And your lustful neighings, The lewdness of your harlotry, Your abominations on the hills in the fields. Woe to you, O Jerusalem! Will you still not be made clean?”
Jeremiah 13:26-27 (in Context) Jeremiah 13 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
Ezekiel 16:15 [ Jerusalem’s Harlotry ] “But you trusted in your own beauty, played the harlot because of your fame, and poured out your harlotry on everyone passing by who would have it.
Ezekiel 16:14-16 (in Context) Ezekiel 16 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
Ezekiel 16:16 You took some of your garments and adorned multicolored high places for yourself, and played the harlot on them. Such things should not happen, nor be.
Ezekiel 16:15-17 (in Context) Ezekiel 16 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
Ezekiel 16:17 You have also taken your beautiful jewelry from My gold and My silver, which I had given you, and made for yourself male images and played the harlot with them.
Ezekiel 16:16-18 (in Context) Ezekiel 16 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
Ezekiel 16:20 “Moreover you took your sons and your daughters, whom you bore to Me, and these you sacrificed to them to be devoured. Were your acts of harlotry a small matter,
Ezekiel 16:19-21 (in Context) Ezekiel 16 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
Ezekiel 16:22 And in all your abominations and acts of harlotry you did not remember the days of your youth, when you were naked and bare, struggling in your blood.
Ezekiel 16:21-23 (in Context) Ezekiel 16 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
Ezekiel 16:25 You built your high places at the head of every road, and made your beauty to be abhorred. You offered yourself to everyone who passed by, and multiplied your acts of harlotry.
Ezekiel 16:24-26 (in Context) Ezekiel 16 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
Ezekiel 16:26 You also committed harlotry with the Egyptians, your very fleshly neighbors, and increased your acts of harlotry to provoke Me to anger.
Ezekiel 16:25-27 (in Context) Ezekiel 16 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
Ezekiel 16:28 You also played the harlot with the Assyrians, because you were insatiable; indeed you played the harlot with them and still were not satisfied.
Ezekiel 16:27-29 (in Context) Ezekiel 16 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
Ezekiel 16:29 Moreover you multiplied your acts of harlotry as far as the land of the trader, Chaldea; and even then you were not satisfied.
Ezekiel 16:28-30 (in Context) Ezekiel 16 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
Ezekiel 16:30 “How degenerate is your heart!” says the Lord God, “seeing you do all these things, the deeds of a brazen harlot.
Ezekiel 16:29-31 (in Context) Ezekiel 16 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
Ezekiel 16:31 [ Jerusalem’s Adultery ] “You erected your shrine at the head of every road, and built your high place in every street. Yet you were not like a harlot, because you scorned payment.
Ezekiel 16:30-32 (in Context) Ezekiel 16 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
Ezekiel 16:34 You are the opposite of other women in your harlotry, because no one solicited you to be a harlot. In that you gave payment but no payment was given you, therefore you are the opposite.”
Ezekiel 16:33-35 (in Context) Ezekiel 16 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
Ezekiel 16:35 [ Jerusalem’s Lovers Will Abuse Her ] ‘Now then, O harlot, hear the word of the Lord!
Ezekiel 16:34-36 (in Context) Ezekiel 16 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
Ezekiel 16:36 Thus says the Lord God: “Because your filthiness was poured out and your nakedness uncovered in your harlotry with your lovers, and with all your abominable idols, and because of the blood of your children which you gave to them,
Ezekiel 16:35-37 (in Context) Ezekiel 16 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
Ezekiel 20:30 Therefore say to the house of Israel, ‘Thus says the Lord God: “Are you defiling yourselves in the manner of your fathers, and committing harlotry according to their abominations?
Ezekiel 20:29-31 (in Context) Ezekiel 20 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
Ezekiel 23:2-4 (in Context) Ezekiel 23 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
Ezekiel 23:11 [ The Younger Sister, Jerusalem ] “Now although her sister Oholibah saw this, she became more corrupt in her lust than she, and in her harlotry more corrupt than her sister’s harlotry.
Ezekiel 23:10-12 (in Context) Ezekiel 23 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
Ezekiel 23:14 But she increased her harlotry; She looked at men portrayed on the wall, Images of Chaldeans portrayed in vermilion,
Ezekiel 23:13-15 (in Context) Ezekiel 23 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
Ezekiel 23:18 She revealed her harlotry and uncovered her nakedness. Then I alienated Myself from her, As I had alienated Myself from her sister.
Ezekiel 23:17-19 (in Context) Ezekiel 23 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
Ezekiel 23:19 “Yet she multiplied her harlotry In calling to remembrance the days of her youth, When she had played the harlot in the land of Egypt.
Ezekiel 23:18-20 (in Context) Ezekiel 23 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
Ezekiel 23:27 ‘Thus I will make you cease your lewdness and your harlotry Brought from the land of Egypt, So that you will not lift your eyes to them, Nor remember Egypt anymore.’
Ezekiel 23:26-28 (in Context) Ezekiel 23 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
Ezekiel 23:29 They will deal hatefully with you, take away all you have worked for, and leave you naked and bare. The nakedness of your harlotry shall be uncovered, both your lewdness and your harlotry.
Ezekiel 23:28-30 (in Context) Ezekiel 23 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
Ezekiel 23:30 I will do these things to you because you have gone as a harlot after the Gentiles, because you have become defiled by their idols.
Ezekiel 23:29-31 (in Context) Ezekiel 23 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
Ezekiel 23:35 “Therefore thus says the Lord God: ‘Because you have forgotten Me and cast Me behind your back, Therefore you shall bear the penalty Of your lewdness and your harlotry.’”
Ezekiel 23:34-36 (in Context) Ezekiel 23 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
Ezekiel 43:7 And He said to me, “Son of man, this is the place of My throne and the place of the soles of My feet, where I will dwell in the midst of the children of Israel forever. No more shall the house of Israel defile My holy name, they nor their kings, by their harlotry or with the carcasses of their kings on their high places.
Ezekiel 43:6-8 (in Context) Ezekiel 43 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
Ezekiel 43:9 Now let them put their harlotry and the carcasses of their kings far away from Me, and I will dwell in their midst forever.
Ezekiel 43:8-10 (in Context) Ezekiel 43 (Whole Chapter) Other Translation
Hosea 4:11 [ The Idolatry of Israel ] “Harlotry, wine, and new wine enslave the heart.
Hosea 4:10-12 (in Context) Hosea 4 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
Hosea 4:12 My people ask counsel from their wooden idols, And their staff informs them. For the spirit of harlotry has caused them to stray, And they have played the harlot against their God.
Hosea 4:11-13 (in Context) Hosea 4 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
Hosea 4:15 “Though you, Israel, play the harlot, Let not Judah offend. Do not come up to Gilgal, Nor go up to Beth Aven, Nor swear an oath, saying, ‘As the Lord lives’—
Hosea 4:14-16 (in Context) Hosea 4 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
Amos 7:17 “Therefore thus says the Lord: ‘Your wife shall be a harlot in the city; Your sons and daughters shall fall by the sword; Your land shall be divided by survey line; You shall die in a defiled land; And Israel shall surely be led away captive From his own land.’”

Upvote 0
O

Old Timer

You must be Mad a God then... for it is HE who calls apostate Israel the HARLOT

I'm well aware of what the LORD has said.. just as he says that Jerusalem is the city of the great King..

But you'll never speak of that now will you.. because you can't see past AD70..

Most bible believing Christians understand the mystery pertaining to Israel and how that they're blinded in part until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in..

Or how that Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled..

But I can understand your hatred for Israel and the truth of scripture... especially if you're going to keep listening to the infallible men in your assembly who can't even begin to fathom that they're wrong and embracing the lies of the wicked one.

Upvote 0
O

Old Timer

Then you really must wonder how they got the masses to embrace the ridiculous lie of amillennialism..

Yeah, let's tell them that the Revelation of Jesus Christ is all just a spiritualization of Christianity.. we'll get them to believe that this present evil world already is the kingdom of God..

And multitudes ate it up and continue to do so until this day... and not only that, but at the same time they have been duped into believing that they're more spiritual than those who simply believe what the bible does say..

Pretty clever no doubt..

And so you have practically all of Christendom who can't tell the difference between Satan ruling this world or the Lord Jesus Christ..

Pretty amazing when you think about it.

And it's all locked in... because they already duped most into beliving the lie that they're infallible and can't possibly be wrong.

Upvote 0
B

Bible2

Vrba said in post 51:

Woman in Rev 12= Israel (Clothed in sun with crown of 12 stars)

The woman in Revelation 12 represents the church (which is Israel: Romans 11:1,17,24, Ephesians 2:12,19, Galatians 3:29, Revelation 21:9,12; 1 Peter 2:9-10). She is clothed with the sun (Revelation 12:1) of righteousness (Malachi 4:2) through her faith in Jesus Christ (Romans 3:22), just as later we see the church clothed with righteousness (Revelation 19:8). The moon under her feet (Revelation 12:1) represents Satan under her feet (Romans 16:20) as she overcomes him spiritually by her faith in Jesus (Revelation 12:11). The crown of 12 stars on her head (Revelation 12:1) represents the 12 apostles (Matthew 10:2-4, Acts 1:16-26) who have been placed over the church (1 Corinthians 12:28).

Her giving birth to the "man child" and his being caught up to the throne of God (Revelation 12:5) immediately before she flees into the wilderness for a literal 3.5 years (Revelation 12:6) represents the future, mid-tribulation catching up of the 144,000 male-virgins part of the church in their mortal bodies to the throne of God in heaven (Revelation 14:1,4,5, Textus Receptus), like Enoch and Elijah were caught up in their mortal bodies to heaven (Hebrews 11:5; 2 Kings 2:11).

Her fleeing into and remaining in a protected wilderness place for a literal 3.5 years (Revelation 12:6,14) represents those in the church who will flee into and remain in divinely-protected wilderness places during the Antichrist's future, literal 3.5-year worldwide reign (Revelation 13:5-18), which will be in the latter half of the future tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 and Matthew 24. The remnant of her seed (Revelation 12:17) represents those in the church during that time who won't flee into wilderness places, but will remain in the cities, and will be persecuted in every nation, imprisoned, and beheaded by the Antichrist (Revelation 13:7-10, Revelation 14:12-13, Revelation 20:4-6, Matthew 24:9-13).

Also, Genesis 37:9-10 isn't (as is sometimes claimed) being referred to in Revelation 12:1, for in Revelation 12:1 the church/Israel isn't clothed with the man Jacob (Genesis 37:9-10), but with the sun of righteousness (Malachi 4:2), through her faith in Jesus Christ (Romans 3:22), just as later we see the church/Israel clothed with righteousness (Revelation 19:8, cf. also Revelation 21:2,9,12). Also, the church/Israel doesn't have the woman Rachel under her feet (Genesis 37:9-10), but Satan (Romans 16:20), as the church/Israel overcomes him spiritually by her faith in Jesus (Revelation 12:11). And the church/Israel doesn't have Jacob's 12 sons placed over her (Genesis 37:9-10), but the 12 apostles (1 Corinthians 12:28, Matthew 10:2, Acts 1:26), each one of whom will rule over one of her 12 tribes (Matthew 19:28, Luke 22:30).

Vrba said in post 51:

Woman in Rev 17=(I think Rome, or the Vatican) (Clothed in scarlet and red)

While the corrupt aspects of the Vatican are included in what Revelation's symbolic "Babylon" (Revelation chapters 17-18) represents, it represents much more than just the corrupt aspects of the Vatican. For the Vatican just by itself doesn't reign over the kings of the earth (Revelation 17:18). Nor is the Vatican the only place where people buy merchandise (Revelation 18:11). Nor is the Vatican the place where all martyrs have been killed (Revelation 18:24). Nor has the Vatican just by itself corrupted the entire world (Revelation 18:3). Nor has the Vatican been continuously supported by the empires of fallen man throughout history (Revelation 17:9-10). Instead, Revelation's symbolic "Babylon" represents all of mankind's corrupt political (Revelation 17:18), economic (Revelation 18:11), and religious (Revelation 18:24) systems throughout the earth (Revelation 18:3), and throughout history (Revelation 17:9-10).

Also, it should be pointed out that the Antichrist (the individual-man aspect of the beast), during his future, literal 3.5-year worldwide reign (Revelation 13:5-18), won't (as is sometimes claimed) support Catholicism in its past and current form, insofar as Catholicism affirms that Jesus is the Christ, whereas the Antichrist will deny that Jesus is the Christ (1 John 2:22). And Catholicism affirms that Jesus is the Son of God, whereas the Antichrist will deny that Jesus is the Son of God (1 John 2:22b). And Catholicism affirms that Christ is in the flesh, whereas the Antichrist (like the Gnostics) will deny that Christ is in the flesh (2 John 1:7). And Catholicism affirms that the God of the Bible (YHWH) is the true God, whereas the Antichrist (like the Gnostics) will utterly revile YHWH (Revelation 13:6, Daniel 11:36). And Catholicism affirms that the only man who is God is Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whereas the Antichrist will say that he (the Antichrist) is God (2 Thessalonians 2:4, Daniel 11:36). And Catholicism affirms that Lucifer (Satan) is evil, whereas the Antichrist will bring the world into the worship of Lucifer (Satan, the dragon) (Revelation 13:4, Revelation 12:9). So the Antichrist's religion during his future, literal 3.5-year worldwide reign won't be Catholicism in its past and current form, but a blend of Luciferianism and Gnosticism.

Nonetheless, before Lucifer gives the Antichrist power over all nations (Revelation 13:4-18, Revelation 12:9), the Antichrist, and the man who will be his False Prophet (Revelation 19:20) (who could be a secretly-apostate pope), could at first pretend to support Catholicism (as well as Christianity generally, and also Islam), in order to start gaining a worldwide following.

Vrba said in post 72:

Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, **until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.**

In Romans 11:25 the Gentiles are genetic Gentiles, the people addressed throughout Romans 11:13-31, who aren't genetic Jews like Paul (Romans 11:1,14). Both individual genetic Jewish believers (natural branches) and individual genetic Gentile believers (engrafted wild branches) are branches in the good olive tree of Israel (Romans 11:17,24). For when Gentiles become believers they "come in" (Romans 11:25) to be part of Israel (Romans 11:17,24, Ephesians 2:12,19, Galatians 3:29). The fruit of each individual branch would be the good works of each individual (Colossians 1:10). It's the genetic Jews who are "blind in part", meaning some of them are spiritually blind while others aren't (Romans 11:7-10). For "blindness in part is happened to Israel" (Romans 11:25) in its genetic sense (Romans 11:1,14), that is, genetic Jews (Acts 22:3). Also, in Romans 11:25-26, "Israel" includes elect genetic Jews who aren't yet believers (Romans 11:28) but will become believers eventually (Romans 11:26).

When Paul says "until the fulness (pleroma) of the Gentiles be come in" (Romans 11:25) he means until a full number of genetic Gentile individuals have become saved, which won't happen until near the end of the future tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 and Matthew 24, right before Jesus' 2nd coming (Romans 11:26), just as Luke 21:24 shows "the times of the Gentiles" won't be "fulfilled (pleroo)" until the completion of the treading down of Jerusalem during the future, literal 3.5-year worldwide reign of the Antichrist (the individual-man aspect of Revelation's "beast") (Revelation 11:2b, Revelation 13:5-18) during the 2nd half of the tribulation.

Immediately after the tribulation, at Jesus' 2nd coming (Matthew 24:29-30) all the still-living unsaved elect genetic Jews will become saved (Romans 11:26-28) by God's grace when they see the returned Jesus in person and believe in him (Zechariah 12:10-14). And so they will all become part of the church at that time, just as when genetic Jews believe in Jesus now they become part of the church, for there are now no believers outside of the church (Ephesians 4:4-6).

And the genetic Jews who will become believers at the 2nd coming will all become part of the church by receiving some measure of the Holy Spirit, who is "the spirit of grace and of supplications" in Zechariah 12:10 (Hebrews 10:29c, Romans 8:26), just as genetic Jewish believers today become part of the church by receiving some measure of the Holy Spirit. For it's by receiving some measure of the Holy Spirit that both genetic Jewish believers and genetic Gentile believers become part of the church (1 Corinthians 12:13).

Also, if the genetic Jews who will become saved at the 2nd coming had been religious Jews, they won't continue to mistakenly try to keep the letter of the Old Covenant Mosaic law, because they will then be believers in the truth that on Jesus' Cross, for both Jews and Gentiles (John 11:51-52), of all times, the letter of the Old Covenant Mosaic law was abolished (Ephesians 2:15-16, Colossians 2:14-17; 2 Corinthians 3:6-18), disannulled (Hebrews 7:18), rendered obsolete (Hebrews 8:13, Galatians 3:2-25, Galatians 4:21 to 5:8), taken away and replaced (Hebrews 10:9) by the better hope (Hebrews 7:19), the better covenant (Hebrews 7:22, Hebrews 8:6-12), the 2nd covenant (Hebrews 8:7, Hebrews 10:9), of Jesus' New Covenant law (Galatians 6:2, John 1:17, Matthew 26:28, Hebrews 12:24, Hebrews 9:15), so that the law was changed (Hebrews 7:12).

All believers, both Jews and Gentles, of all times, are delivered from the letter of the Old Covenant Mosaic law and shouldn't keep it (Romans 7:6; 2 Corinthians 3:6-18, Galatians 2:11-21) or have any desire to keep it (Galatians 4:21 to 5:8, Galatians 3:2-25). Believers keep the spirit of the Old Covenant Mosaic law (Romans 7:6) by loving others (Galatians 5:14, Romans 13:8-10), by doing to others as they would have others do to them (Matthew 7:12).

Vrba said in post 78:

Let me guess, this verse has passed too???

Zec 14:4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

No, for Zechariah 14 is about Jesus' (never fulfilled) 2nd coming with all his saints (Zechariah 14:5b; 1 Thessalonians 3:13b), and about the subsequent millennium, when he will reign on the earth from Jerusalem (Zechariah 14:8-21, Micah 4:1-4). Zechariah 14:3 refers to the 2nd-coming battle of Revelation 19:19-21. And Zechariah 14:4 shows that at his 2nd coming, Jesus will physically land on the Mount of Olives, just as at the end of his first coming, he physically ascended from the Mount of Olives. Acts 1:11-12 says that Jesus will return in like manner as he left.

Before Jesus returns, at the very end of the future tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 and Matthew 24 the world's armies will gather together at a staging area at Armageddon (Revelation 16:14,16) (Har Megiddo, Mount Megiddo in northern Israel). They will then move south and pillage Jerusalem right before Jesus returns and defeats them (Zechariah 14:2-5, Revelation 19:19-21). Jesus will then remain on the earth as King (Zechariah 14:9), and the unsaved people "left" alive on the earth (Matthew 24:40) will be forced to come up to Jerusalem and worship him annually (Zechariah 14:16-19). Jesus and the bodily resurrected church will rule the unsaved survivors of the nations with a rod of iron during the millennium (Revelation 2:26-29, Revelation 5:10, Revelation 20:4-6).

Also, Zechariah 12:2-14 refers to the same future time as Zechariah 14.

Also, Zechariah 14:5a isn't referring (as is sometimes claimed) to the fleeing of people in the church into the mountains, the wilderness (as in Matthew 24:15-16 and Revelation 12:6,14), at the midpoint of the future tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 and Matthew 24. Instead, Zechariah 14:5a is referring to only a post-tribulation, 2nd-coming fleeing of surviving unsaved elect Jews in Jerusalem (Zechariah 14:2-5), who will become believers and get saved when they see the returned Jesus in person (Zechariah 12:10-14, Romans 11:25-32).

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Our readers can see the preponderance of scriptural evidence points exclusively to Israel... while you might "FEEL" like it's Rome, or "THINK" it's the Vatican, Scripture AFFIRMS it is Israel.

But what do I know... I just read the Bible and believe what it says.

I think you need to check on who God defends in Ezekiel 38/39.

Ezekiel 38:16 And thou shalt come up against my people of Israel, as a cloud to cover the land; it shall be in the latter days, and I will bring thee against my land, that the heathen may know me, when I shall be sanctified in thee, O Gog, before their eyes.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am well aware of How God holds FAITHFUL REMNANT ISRAEL as the Heirs to the promise.

What I will never understand is why you all hold the disobedient, apostate Israel as Heirs, when God does not.

Secular Christ rejectors are never held in favor with The Father, not matter what stripe.

Upvote 0
O

Old Timer

I am well aware of How God holds FAITHFUL REMNANT ISRAEL as the Heirs to the promise.

What I will never understand is why you all hold the disobedient, apostate Israel as Heirs, when God does not.

Secular Christ rejectors are never held in favor with The Father, not matter what stripe.

If you could see anything at all that is to come you would understand why.. but then again you can't see past AD70, like all the other Israel hating preterists here.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Them who he defends in Israel are them who he brought out of the nations which they were scattered. Why were they scattered? Because of their transgression against God. But God brings them back into the land a mixed bag, and them who right now in Israel who are cold toward God - it says in Ezekiel 39, they will know that He is the Holy One of Israel.

So your theory about the faithful remnant Israel - trying to qualify as only being a same percentage of the Jews which God defends against the attack of Gog/Magog is invalid. It is the entire nation, all Israel shall be saved.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Them who he defends in Israel are them who he brought out of the nations which they were scattered. Why were they scattered? Because of their transgression against God. But God brings them back into the land a mixed bag, and them who right now in Israel who are cold toward God - it says in Ezekiel 39, they will know that He is the Holy One of Israel.

So your theory about the faithful remnant Israel - trying to qualify as only being a same percentage of the Jews which God defends against the attack of Gog/Magog is invalid. It is the entire nation, all Israel shall be saved.

Yet in your theory, 2/3 of them are annihilated.

And, what of all previous generations of Israel who have perished? Aren't they part of "all Israel" too?

How do they get saved?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you could see anything at all that is to come you would understand why.. but then again you can't see past AD70, like all the other Israel hating preterists here.

Well, all you folks you think salvation comes to those who reject Christ will be very surprised.

Upvote 0
O

Old Timer

Well, all you folks you think salvation comes to those who reject Christ will be very surprised.

Then once again, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Israel shall be saved as we are, by grace through faith in that Day.

Regardless, for a catholic to think of Jerusalem as a harlot.. Doesn't get any more hypocritical than that..

Seriously maybe your own assembly should take a hard look in the mirror.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Then once again, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Israel shall be saved as we are, by grace through faith in that Day.

Define this "Israel" you speak of?... all Jews of All time? Some Jews of all time? All Jews Alive in that day? Some Jews Alive in that day? Jews and non Jews of all time? Some Jews and Some non jews alive in that day...?
can you be more specific?

Regardless, for a catholic to think of Jerusalem as a harlot.. Doesn't get any more hypocritical than that..

Seriously maybe your own assembly should take a hard look in the mirror.

Pretty sure calling the Catholic Church the harlot of Babylon is against forum rules....

Modern Day Jerusalem is about as prophetically significant as Modern day Cheyenne Wyoming, or Bismarck North Dakota, or Delhi India, or Sydney Austrailia..... None of them are the harlot of Babylon.

1st century Jerusalem however, is a different story.........

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Israel is: King Jesus Christ and His JEWISH FOLLOWERS, with Gentiles Grafted in.

Israel is NOT: Christ rejectors of any stripe.

I Love Israel.

I Don't care too much for Christ rejecting pretenders laying a Biblically fraudulent claim to the name "Israel"" however.

Upvote 0
O

Old Timer

Define this "Israel" you speak of?... all Jews of All time? Some Jews of all time? All Jews Alive in that day? Some Jews Alive in that day? Jews and non Jews of all time? Some Jews and Some non jews alive in that day...?
can you be more specific?

Israel is Jacob and his twelve sons. Is that specific enough for you.. there's an entire volume of the OT dedicated primarily to Israel.

Pretty sure calling the Catholic Church the harlot of Babylon is against forum rules....

But Jerusalem is fine..

How hypocritical..

Modern Day Jerusalem is about as prophetically significant as Modern day Cheyenne Wyoming, or Bismarck North Dakota, or Delhi India, or Sydney Austrailia..... None of them are the harlot of Babylon.

Well, says you.. and obviously that's because you can't see past AD70.

1st century Jerusalem however, is a different story.........

Case in point..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
O

Old Timer

Israel is: King Jesus Christ and His JEWISH FOLLOWERS, with Gentiles Grafted in.

Israel is NOT: Christ rejectors of any stripe.

I Love Israel.

I Don't care too much for Christ rejecting pretenders laying a Biblically fraudulent claim to the name "Israel"" however.

Israel is currently blinded in part until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. Your assembly should know this.. Paul wrote it to the church of God at Rome and warned Christians to not be ignorant of the mystery lest we become wise in our own conceits.

We also know that Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled..

It's important to NOT ignore these simple biblical truths.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Israel is Jacob and his twelve sons. Is that specific enough for you..

So, Israel is "specifically" Jacob and His 12 sons? and those 13 people are the only "Israel" that will be saved in that day?

Never heard that angle before.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Israel is currently blinded in part until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

The Fulness of the gentiles came in back in the 1st century Old Timer.

We also know that Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled..

Yep, a time period of 42 months. (Revelation 11:2,13:5)

It's important to NOT ignore these simple biblical truths.

On that point, we are in complete agreement.

Upvote 0
O

Old Timer

The Fulness of the gentiles came in back in the 1st century Old Timer.

When was that specifically?

Yep, a time period of 42 months. (Revelation 11:2,13:5)

On that point, we are in complete agreement.

Then after that.. when the seventh Angel sounds.. the kingdoms of this world shall become the kingdoms of our God and of his Christ.

Upvote 0