That great city which reigns over the kings of the earth.

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Revelation 17:18
"And the woman whom you saw is that great city which reigns over the kings of the earth.”

What is the ONLY city with the scriptural authority to "reign over the Kings of the Earth?"

JERUSALEM

Earthly Jerusalem, by Divine right and calling, was the preeminent city among all nations. The Hebrew/Biblical understanding of Jerusalem is that she is the "Chief of the nations" (Jeremiah 31:7; Ez 5:5), the Queen city of the earth (Lam 1:1/Rev 18:7). She, by Divine right and covenant, was appointed as the head of all nations (Deut 26:19; Deut 15:6; Deut 28:1,10-13), and the gentile kings recognized God's dwelling was at Jerusalem with the Hebrews (1 Ki 10:24; Luke 11:31; Ezra 1:2; Dan 2:47, 3:28-29, 4:1-3, 4:17, 4:34-37; Ezra 1; Ezra 4-7; Ezra 7:15,23).

The Governor of all nations (Ps. 22:28) lived in Jerusalem in his House (Ez 7:15,23), and all the kingdom, power and might over earth was His (1 Chron 29:11-12). Indeed, all kings receive their power to rule from that Divine King (Rom 13:1-2,6; John 19:11; 1 Pet 2:13-14,17; Ez 1:2; Dan 1:1-2; Dan 2:20-21; Dan 2:37-38; Dan 2:47, Dan 3:28-29; Dan 4:1-3,17,34-37.).

Without question, Jerusalem is the ONLY City with the Divine Right to "Reign over the Kings of the Earth"

The "Woman" of Revelation, who is the "Great City" that "reigns over the Kings of the Earth" can only be Jerusalem.

random person

1 COR. 10:11; HEB. 1:2; HEB. 9:26,28; 1 PET. 1:20
Dec 10, 2013
Riverside California
✟14,087.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Excellent post parousia70!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Also Jerusalem is called a harlot multiple times in the Old Testament and is also called the great city. And Jerusalem, not Rome, not Samaria, but Jerusalem was sent into exile into Babylon for her harlotry.

Rev. 11:8 is too explicit!

Reactions: ebedmelech
Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
It's also called the city of the great king..

But you won't hear that from those who can't see past AD70 and who hate Israel.

I'm sure it is where the King of kings shall sit upon the throne of his glory when he comes in his glory, in that day, the Day of The Lord, the Day of Jesus Christ.
Except you erroneously revert the the Old Testament Jerusalem, where David was king. BIG DIFFERENCE.

Paul describes Jerusalem in Galatians 4;25, 26:
25 Now this Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia and corresponds to the present Jerusalem, for she is in slavery with her children.
26 But the Jerusalem above is free; she is our mother.

So much for earthly Jerusalem! Also using a sorry tactic as trying to say those who disagree the end is about fleshly Israel *hates* Jews, is a typical and sorry tactic!

Upvote 0
O

Old Timer

Except you erroneously revert the the Old Testament Jerusalem, where David was king. BIG DIFFERENCE.

Paul describes Jerusalem in Galatians 4;25, 26:
25 Now this Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia and corresponds to the present Jerusalem, for she is in slavery with her children.
26 But the Jerusalem above is free; she is our mother.

So much for earthly Jerusalem! Also using a sorry tactic as trying to say those who disagree the end is about fleshly Israel *hates* Jews, is a typical and sorry tactic!

At the moment yes, but not when he comes and then sits upon the throne of his glory with his Apostles also sitting upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Unless of course it is no longer the city of the great King.. which would make the word of God of none effect and no longer true.

I'm sure that isn't the case..

Some just can't get over the simple biblical fact that Israel shall be saved in the end, not destroyed as all of these Israel haters preach constantly.

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
At the moment yes, but not when he comes and then sits upon the throne of his glory with his Apostles also sitting upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Unless of course it is no longer the city of the great King.. which would make the word of God of none effect and no longer true.

I'm sure that isn't the case..

Some just can't get over the simple biblical fact that Israel shall be saved in the end, not destroyed as all of these Israel haters preach constantly.
You're right...some Just cannot get it right...Revelation 21:2
2 And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband.

Face it...Jerusalem is not what you think, and you flat deny it.

It's all about the "JERUSALEM ABOVE" Old Timer...get in your word and read it.

Hebrews 12:22:
22 But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to myriads of angels

:clap:

Upvote 0
O

Old Timer

Then continue to side with the Israel haters who can't speak on anything but the past in AD70.. I wouldn't expect anything more from you.. And I'm sure it won't be long before you take both sides as you typically do.. As the simple truth becomes more undeniable.

You're the first amillennialist I have ever met who denies the literal thousand year kingdom on earth and at the same time believes that his kingdom is coming to earth.

LOL

Any other amillennialists out there who are as confused as ebedmelech?

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
There can be no doubt that the rulers of the darkness of this world want nothing more than to wipe Israel off the map.. And many professing believers couldn't agree more with them.

Just a simple matter of who people listen to.

Since you cannot refute the NT saying it's the "Jerusalem above", and don't want to acknowledge scripture, you must resort to attacking the messenger...because the truth of scripture "throws a wrench in your view".

:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
O

Old Timer

Since you cannot refute the NT saying it's the "Jerusalem above", and don't want to acknowledge scripture, you must resort to attacking the messenger...because the truth of scripture "throws a wrench in your view".

:thumbsup:

Well maybe you can explain how you reject the literal kingdom on earth and believe that it is coming to earth.

I'm sure you won't because you can't.. You'll resort to your typical high ground and claim that your understanding is above all else.

So typical and expected from those who do nothing but rail against the simple truth of the scriptures.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
O

Old Timer

You'll never hear the Israel / Jerusalem haters speak on the things which shall be hereafter because they can't see past AD70.

Things like this..

And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the Lord my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.

And it shall come to pass in that day, that the light shall not be clear, nor dark: but it shall be one day which shall be known to the Lord, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass, that at evening time it shall be light.

And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be.

And the Lord shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one Lord, and his name one.

All the land shall be turned as a plain from Geba to Rimmon south of Jerusalem: and it shall be lifted up, and inhabited in her place, from Benjamin’s gate unto the place of the first gate, unto the corner gate, and from the tower of Hananeel unto the king’s winepresses.

And men shall dwell in it, and there shall be no more utter destruction; but Jerusalem shall be safely inhabited.

No, those who can see nothing more than the destruction of the city of the great king, will never speak on his coming, because they falsely teach that he already has come.

Exactly what the rulers of this present evil world would have all men believe.

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Well maybe you can explain how you reject the literal kingdom on earth and believe that it is coming to earth.
We Christians are in the kingdom, and we are on earth. As Peter has told us we are "pilgrims and strangers" here.

Secondly. why did Jesus call the disciples sons of the kingdom?

Thirdly. why does Paul say "the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit".

You need to get in THE BOOK and understand!
I'm sure you won't because you can't.. You'll resort to your typical high ground and claim that your understanding is above all else.
I just did...your move...
So typical and expected from those who do nothing but rail against the simple truth of the scriptures.
I think it's more those who simply won't REALLY get into the word and search it out. Who get content in what they *think* they understand from scripture rather than searching the word like the Bereans did.

Upvote 0
O

Old Timer

We Christians are in the kingdom, and we are on earth. As Peter has told us we are "pilgrims and strangers" here.

Secondly. why did Jesus call the disciples sons of the kingdom?

Thirdly. why does Paul say "the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit".

This doesn't explain how you can deny the millennial kingdom on earth and then at the same time believe that it is coming to earth.

Can you explain that or will you continue to deflect with questions.

You're so knowledgable and spiritual that you should be able to explain this in simple scriptural fashion.

So please, explain how you deny the millennial kingdom coming to earth and at the same time believe that his kingdom is coming to earth..

Without questions... Answers please.

Upvote 0
O

Old Timer

Here's the simple question for ebedmelech who is amillennial.. Which means that he denies the future millennial kingdom on earth and believes that this present evil world already is the kingdom of God on earth.

That is simply what amillennialism believes.

However, ebedmelech has also said that he believes that the kingdom of God is coming to earth.

Is he confused? I think so, because that in itself is contradictory.

I'm also certain that he will not explain this but rather pretend that he is more spiritual and knowledgeable in the truth of the scriptures.

Nonetheless... I'd be interested if any others believe as he does.. And who would care to explain how this is revealed by the scriptures.

Upvote 0

random person

1 COR. 10:11; HEB. 1:2; HEB. 9:26,28; 1 PET. 1:20
Dec 10, 2013
Riverside California
✟14,087.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Here's the simple question for ebedmelech who is amillennial.. Which means that he denies the future millennial kingdom on earth and believes that this present evil world already is the kingdom of God on earth.

However, ebedmelech has also said that he believes that the kingdom of God is coming to earth.

I'm also certain that he will not explain this but rather pretend that he is more spiritual and knowledgeable in the truth of the scriptures.

Nonetheless... I'd be interested if any others believe as he does.. And who would care to explain how this is revealed by the scriptures.

I am an amillennialist and don't believe in the secret Rapture and a literal millennial rule of Christ. We believe in the eternal rule of God when Christ returns.

When Christ returns according to our beliefs, this current earth and current heavens will be dissolved in order for a New Heavens and New Earth.

According to us, Christ is already reigning in Heaven on David's Throne. If you don't believe us read 1 Samuel 8:6-7,12:12-13,17-25.

When the Israelites asked for a king (verses 17-25) it was a form of apostacy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Nope..once again your ignorance is your bliss.

Amillennialism denies a "literal 100 year reign". We believe the 1000 years are symbolic of Christ reign since he was resurrected...so actually you've got it wrong again. Christ is reigning right now, and will continue until He judges the world in righteousness and returns the reign to the Father.

As for the kingdom of God coming to earth...once again you display very limited knowledge of scripture. Let's see if you can understand this:

If Peter calls us a "royal priesthood"...where does that royalty come from?

Upvote 0
O

Old Timer

I am an amillennialist and don't believe in the secret Rapture and a literal millennial rule of Christ. We believe in the eternal rule of God when Christ returns.

When Christ returns according to our beliefs, this current earth and current heavens will be dissolved in order for a New Heavens and New Earth.

According to Rev 20, fire does not come down from heaven until the thousand years are finished. So that would be after the thousand years. Now I understand that amillennialism believes that we are already in the thousand years, so this really isn't a point but rather a simple observation.

According to us, Christ is already reigning in Heaven on David's Throne. If you don't believe us read 1 Samuel 8:6-7,12:12-13,17-25.

When the Israelites asked for a king (verses 17-25) it was a form of apostacy.

In heaven for sure, but not on earth.. That shall be when the Son of man shall come in his glory and then sit upon the throne of his glory, right here on earth.

Upvote 0