Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I'll probably take a break from posting for a while, because I've found that discussion forums can become so engrossing that I spend too much time on them.

I just wanted to say thanks to everybody for reading my posts and making all those good suggestions. I'm sure I didn't appreciate or understand some of the responses fully, but thanks for investing some of your time trying to help me.

:thumbsup:

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I'll probably take a break from posting for a while, because I've found that discussion forums can become so engrossing that I spend too much time on them.

I just wanted to say thanks to everybody for reading my posts and making all those good suggestions. I'm sure I didn't appreciate or understand some of the responses fully, but thanks for investing some of your time trying to help me.

:thumbsup:

Yes, discussion forums are addictive!

I got into them back in 2003 but in many ways I think that my understanding on so many topics has evolved more rapidly than at any other time in my entire life!!!!!

Two years ago I read My Descent Into Death by former atheist Howard Storm. If you have the time I feel that his testimony regarding his NDE is one of the most powerful accounts that I have ever ran into in my entire life!!!!

Howard Storm - near-death experiences

Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Yes, discussion forums are addictive!

I got into them back in 2003 but in many ways I think that my understanding on so many topics has evolved more rapidly than at any other time in my entire life!!!!!

Two years ago I read My Descent Into Death by former atheist Howard Storm. If you have the time I feel that his testimony regarding his NDE is one of the most powerful accounts that I have ever ran into in my entire life!!!!

Thanks, I'll read his NDE. I'm not all that confident in NDEs because we know that a person's brain is not functioning properly when that person is near death. On the other hand, I guess there are NDEs where people know what others are saying or doing in another room of the hospital that they shouldn't have been able to know.

Also, sending somebody to hell for eternity is giving up on that person. I have a hard time believing that Jesus would ever give up on anybody. I think we are too valuable to Him for some reason.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

I just finished reading that link. I thought the end of it was especially interesting. Thanks!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums