✟22,175.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Hello :)

I just wanted to thank those who answered questions & advised me regarding Orthodoxy. I learned so much & I really enjoyed my visits to a local OCA parish. However, after much thinking, research, prayer, & experience, I've decided to join TEC. It was not an easy decision, but I believe it is the right one moving forward.

Thanks so much again!

Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Episcopal Church is an extremely unhealthy place to take your spirituality. It is a group that sanctions "gay" "marriages" as well as has a place in their heart for abortion, cohabitation, pre-marital sex, and just about any sin you can cook up. They are modernists and really just a secular humanist cult. The Episcopal Church has a disturbing condescending worship of the intellect and the cult of scientism over spirituality and the ancient Faith. They ignore the Fathers in place of lunatics like Spong and that wacko "Presiding Bishop" Katharine Jefforts-Schiori. They love to sue people, spread "ecumenism" that really in the end is nothing but worshipping other gods together, and muddying the waters. The Episcopal Church is a liberal cult.

I hope you reconsider and open your heart to the ancient Faith rather than secular humanist modernism that TEC represents. I'm sorry if I sound pessimistic or grumpy, but I cannot in good conscience watch someone who was looking into Holy Orthodoxy walk out the door and travel a dark path. I wish you well and hope things turn you back East! God bless you.

Hello :)

I just wanted to thank those who answered questions & advised me regarding Orthodoxy. I learned so much & I really enjoyed my visits to a local OCA parish. However, after much thinking, research, prayer, & experience, I've decided to join TEC. It was not an easy decision, but I believe it is the right one moving forward.

Thanks so much again!

Upvote 0

graceandpeace

Episcopalian
Sep 12, 2013
✟22,175.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
:(

I have my reasons for choosing this way forward. It was not an easy choice. But, I am at peace with it. I love the church I've been attending, but if for some reason my family decides in the future that it was not the right choice, then maybe I will look into the EOC again.

Upvote 0

Jesus4Madrid

Orthodox Christian
Jul 21, 2011
✟90,072.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The Episcopal Church is an extremely unhealthy place to take your spirituality. It is a group that sanctions "gay" "marriages" as well as has a place in their heart for abortion, cohabitation, pre-marital sex, and just about any sin you can cook up. They are modernists and really just a secular humanist cult. The Episcopal Church has a disturbing condescending worship of the intellect and the cult of scientism over spirituality and the ancient Faith. They ignore the Fathers in place of lunatics like Spong and that wacko "Presiding Bishop" Katharine Jefforts-Schiori. They love to sue people, spread "ecumenism" that really in the end is nothing but worshipping other gods together, and muddying the waters. The Episcopal Church is a liberal cult.

Well, I guess there is that....

But other than being a cult, TEC is great, really.

(We ex Episcopalians perhaps get a bit colourful in describing our former home).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nestoj

Feb 14, 2007
Niš
✟11,731.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
:(

I have my reasons for choosing this way forward. It was not an easy choice. But, I am at peace with it. I love the church I've been attending, but if for some reason my family decides in the future that it was not the right choice, then maybe I will look into the EOC again.

Be in peace with yourself...that's the most important part. And try being happy. If you ever think you might find happiness here, with us...we'll still be around, don't worry. We have been for more than 2000 years. Just drop in and join us in celebration.

Upvote 0