Texas Attorney General to Target: Explain How You'll Protect Women, Children With Bathroom Policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: Uncle Siggy

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Maybe the Texas Attorney General should take the time to substantiate that the policy creates a danger before demanding that Target explain how they are protecting children from a threat that is not exacerbated by their policy.

Reactions: Ada Lovelace
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,722.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
My snarky reply is "Call the police if we notice GoP lawmakers going into our bathrooms". That probably won't be very popular even if statistically that's more likely a source of "nefarious" behavior in bathrooms than anything Target's new policy will lead to.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
One reason Ted Cruz is out of the campaign is that most voters, even Evangelicals, are tired of politicians talking about bathrooms and wedding cakes.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
One reason Ted Cruz is out of the campaign is that most voters, even Evangelicals, are tired of politicians talking about bathrooms and wedding cakes.
Extreme-Irony.gif

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Perhaps you can refresh my memory ... which party is pushing the LGBT agenda?
Fair enough if w3e are talking about issues plural. This issue is singular. The GOP nominee recognized that most Americans, let alone Republicans, care that much about where people urinate as long as it isn't in their yard. Which wing of which party wants to reduce government intrusion in people's lives by monitoring bathrooms at Target?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟907,367.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps you can refresh my memory ... which party is pushing the LGBT agenda?

Refresh my memory, which is the party of small government? As far as I can tell the only ones who believe that anymore are the libertarians and they don't seem to care who goes to what restroom. :p

Upvote 0

The Cadet

SO COOL
Apr 29, 2010
Munich
✟45,617.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
As chief lawyer and law enforcement officer for the State of Texas, I ask that you provide the full text of Target’s safety policies regarding the protection of women and children from those who would use the cover of Target’s restroom policy for nefarious purposes”.
"If a republican congressman enters the bathroom, we will alert the nearest authorities ASAP".

Seriously, there have actually been more cases of republican politicians convicted for sex crimes than transgendered individuals being convicted of sex crimes. You're pushing advocacy against an issue that does not exist.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
From the "Interesting development," files: Texas AG to Target: Please Explain How You'll Protect Women, Children With Bathroom Policy | The Right Scoop

As chief lawyer and law enforcement officer for the State of Texas, I ask that you provide the full text of Target’s safety policies regarding the protection of women and children from those who would use the cover of Target’s restroom policy for nefarious purposes”.​

Explain how living in Texas is going to protect women and children, first...

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
"If a republican congressman enters the bathroom, we will alert the nearest authorities ASAP".

Seriously, there have actually been more cases of republican politicians convicted for sex crimes than transgendered individuals being convicted of sex crimes. You're pushing advocacy against an issue that does not exist.
Noting that the driving issue is perverts in the women's restrooms ... and that issue does exist under the new bathroom regimen.

Upvote 0

The Cadet

SO COOL
Apr 29, 2010
Munich
✟45,617.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Noting that the driving issue is perverts in the women's restrooms ... and that issue does exist under the new bathroom regimen.

Sexual harassment is illegal. Voyeurism is illegal. Perverts are still banned. Now, if there was actually any evidence that laws like this enabled perverts, then you might have a case. But there isn't. Transgendered individuals have been able to use the bathroom corresponding with their gender in a great number of states, and none of those states have seen any of these issues:

States-transgender-law.jpg
States-transgender-law.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟907,367.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married

I thought the driving issue was safety? Who is or is not a pervert is irrelevant. Unless you are going to propose a legal definition of pervert that will pass constitutional muster?

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

who is passing a law that blocks perverts from entering any restrooms?

... and that issue doesn't exist any more under "the new bathroom regimen" than it did before.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The only sign on a restroom should be "restroom". People just go to the restroom.

Just poop and pee and be done with it people. Or are there lots of random rapes in restrooms I'm not hearing about?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Would you prefer the perverts in the men's restrooms? How telling...

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It existed under the old one. The new one doesn't fix it unless your bathroom monitors guard every stall.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.