Testimony Time

robertadico

Dec 7, 2012
✟15,149.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
[FONT=&quot]believe that the Holy Spirit, being the Third Person of the Godhead, convicts men of sin, regenerates, indwells, baptizes seals and sets believers apart to a holy life; that he keeps and empowers believers day by day. We believe that he is the Teacher of the world of God and our Guide for daily life.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

Upvote 0
G

gideons300

I was raised by good hard working parents. My mom was a kool-aid mom, where all the neighborhood kids would flock to our house to be loved on and fed, no matter how many. Dad was a hard worker, never complained, never missed work. Good people, but people who thought that "good" was good enough, that this was being a Christian. That is a hard yoke to break.

I got saved when I was 20, miraculously, and shortly thereafter, wrote them a letter telling them of what happened to me and prayerfully sharing with them what salvation is, a trusting, rather than a doing. My mom called me and told me to never write another letler like that again, as it had hurt my dad greatly.
Three weeks later, my died died of a massive coronary in his sleep. As badly as I felt after being chastened by my mom about the letter, I am so thankful that I obeyed the Lord and wrote it.

Year passed, with my mom becoming a lonely alcoholic, still good, still kind, and thank God, eventually she joined AA, found sobriety, and worked in a drug and alcohol rehab clinic, where everyone called her "Mom". It was her calling.

I never again mentioned the Lord, or the path to salvation. I prayed, a lot. When she was 78, she had a severe stroke, and was near death. She could not move, except for one hand. She could not swallow, so was being fed by tube. She could not talk, at least intelligibly. She would try, so very hard, to mouth out the words she wanted to say buyt there was a disconnect between her brain and her mouth. The only words she could say, and clearly, were cuss words. "[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]" would escape her lips every time she would try to speak and could not get the words out. Strange how that works.

Anyway, my older sister, who was always the "intelligent one", LOL, the "responsible one", who was an agnostic and a U.S. District attorney, she and I flew out to see her. We stayed three days, but both of us had to leave to get back to our employment, our families, and it killed me that mom was facing an eternity where good was not good enough. I prayed that God would give me an opportunity to share the Lord with her again after all those years, but with my "big" sister there in her hospital room every minute, the opportunity never presented itself. It was time to leave for the airport, and we both tearfully kissed her goodbye, most likely for the last time.

As Dyanne and I got in the car, I remembered a picture that Mom had that she had promised me, and I ran back in to get it. When I entered her room, Mom's eyes lit up and she began to motion me over to her side, slowly with her one hand she could move. As I came up by her side, she reached out and shakingly grabbed my hand, and slowly placed it on her chest, with her withered, old, trembling hand on top of it. She then looked deep in my eyes and as clearly as I am typing the word, she said "Pray".

Right then, I was privelidged to finish what God had started with her in the letter he had me write twenty some years before. The look on her face when she finished was beyond priceless. The peace of God was all over her. She was at rest with HER God. Her life had not been lived in vain.

She died three days later, and that gift that Gid gave me from being able to participate in His work in her I can never repay. Thank you Lord, for your amazing grace.

Blessings,

Gideon

Upvote 0

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith
That is absolutely beautiful. If that is all you had to be thankful for in this world, that would last you for the rest of your life...

I remember as the Father told Kat Kerr to never stop praying and standing for the salvation of your loved ones. It is a promise in the Word of God.
God has no favorites. What are riches if your loved ones are burning? When your family goes to Heaven, they have God and they have riches. What else would they need ? What is primary on their minds? You are! It is their family! God is a family person!

God (basically) told Kat that even if they rejected Him and were bearing horrible fruit, to hold fast to His promise because He uses life circumstances to wrestle with them and to bring them (again and if need be again) to a place of decision. Even if you don't see it in the end (which for peace of mind, fortunately you did), He can still deal with them unconscious on their death bed. It's important to build your faith on this and to know how to stand and NOT be doubleminded on this and other promises of God, because so much is riding on this.

Our families are our most important thing we "have". Even if they reject you and turn you away in bitterness and darkness, they are still beloved to you. What would I have in this world if I could not see my family in Heaven? If I did not have the promise from God, how could I turn and pray for the one who is SO unworthy in the world. Why would I waste my time? You can because you have entrusted your family to Him!

I understand many cannot bring themselves to receive the Kat Kerr thing because it violates their doctrine about gong before God in this world (and for some, even talking about it). I would encourage everyone to just read the bit about the portal (if that is all you can receive, it is enough to establish this promise).

She says that God told her not to speak against your family by agreeing with their current situation.
By saying they are (whatever bad fruit they are bearing -- calling it by name). This "overthrows" your own prayer because your words reflect your doublemindedness. Heaven declares that you'll fulfill your destiny and purpose over your life (no matter what fruit you're bearing at this moment). We are to do things like they do in Heaven. We are to declare (not that they are druggies, or liars, or fornicators) that they have the grace of God working mightily in their lives. That they WILL be saved!

If you speak like the world, but with the desire God gave you for their salvation, you're opposing the grace of God. You're giving power to the enemy by agreeing with his work instead of God's.

It's vital that we learn this lesson my friends, because are families ARE the most important "thing" we have! Go read the posts about the portal and standing for your family that Kat spoke of. Get your faith established in this and do NOT leave it to chance. AND, do NOT be doubleminded and (even ignorantly) oppose the working of grace that God is ready to loose on your behalf.

I'm so happy for you and your mother. There are many that do not have this and it is important as believers, to really believe and stand and take comfort in this.

Upvote 0
G

gideons300

That is absolutely beautiful. If that is all you had to be thankful for in this world, that would last you for the rest of your life...

I remember as the Father told Kat Kerr to never stop praying and standing for the salvation of your loved ones. It is a promise in the Word of God. God has no favorites. What are riches if your loved ones are burning? When your family goes to Heaven, they have God and they have riches. What else would they need ? What is primary on their minds? You are! It is their family! God is a family person!

God (basically) told Kat that even if they rejected Him and were bearing horrible fruit, to hold fast to His promise because He uses life circumstances to wrestle with them and to bring them (again and if need be again) to a place of decision. Even if you don't see it in the end (which for peace of mind, fortunately you did), He can still deal with them unconscious on their death bed. It's important to build your faith on this and to know how to stand and NOT be doubleminded on this and other promises of God, because so much is riding on this.

Our families are our most important thing we "have". Even if they reject you and turn you away in bitterness and darkness, they are still beloved to you. What would I have in this world if I could not see my family in Heaven? If I did not have the promise from God, how could I turn and pray for the one who is SO unworthy in the world. Why would I waste my time? You can because you have entrusted your family to Him!

I understand many cannot bring themselves to receive the Kat Kerr thing because it violates their doctrine about gong before God in this world (and for some, even talking about it). I would encourage everyone to just read the bit about the portal (if that is all you can receive, it is enough to establish this promise).

She says that God told her not to speak against your family by agreeing with their current situation. By saying they are (whatever bad fruit they are bearing -- calling it by name). This "overthrows" your own prayer because your words reflect your doublemindedness. Heaven declares that you'll fulfill your destiny and purpose over your life (no matter what fruit you're bearing at this moment). We are to do things like they do in Heaven. We are to declare (not that they are druggies, or liars, or fornicators) that they have the grace of God working mightily in their lives. That they WILL be saved!

If you speak like the world, but with the desire God gave you for their salvation, you're opposing the grace of God. You're giving power to the enemy by agreeing with his work instead of God's.

It's vital that we learn this lesson my friends, because are families ARE the most important "thing" we have! Go read the posts about the portal and standing for your family that Kat spoke of. Get your faith established in this and do NOT leave it to chance. AND, do NOT be doubleminded and (even ignorantly) oppose the working of grace that God is ready to loose on your behalf.

I'm so happy for you and your mother. There are many that do not have this and it is important as believers, to really believe and stand and take comfort in this.
One of the ways satan has misled us is not the need for "importunity" when we pray. We are told that we ought always to pray and to not faint. The fervent prayer of a rightoeus man avails much. It is not unbelief to pray again....and again and again.... until we receive the answer we seek. Let us not faint, our God is faithful who promised.

Thank you for your encouraging words.

Gideon

Upvote 0

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith
One of the ways satan has misled us is not the need for "importunity" when we pray. We are told that we ought always to pray and to not faint. The fervent prayer of a rightoeus man avails much. It is not unbelief to pray again....and again and again.... until we receive the answer we seek. Let us not faint, our God is faithful who promised.
Often it is not wrong to ask again and again. Of course much of our "standing" is in acknowledging that He is faithful to what He has already promised. Often our standing is in our thanksgiving and our agreeing with the testimony of God and NOT contradicting ourselves. Not only with our words, but with our actions.

If your wife promised to bring home milk before she came home from a long evening's meeting and you believed her, you wouldn't be waiting outside of the store 'just in case'. In this case at least, you'd probably not call her again (maybe more than once) to remind her. Our actions often betray our persuasion and there is nothing like standing and declaring the reaffirmation of His promises.

Often this resets our "compass" because sometimes we do falter and get a little tossed by the winds of contradictory circumstances. In standing for your family, there is nothing like (when they get ugly) redeclaring the promise of God for your family directly in the face of that opposition. Since we are in a war and words do matter, sometimes it is part of that warfare to do as Paul told Timothy, wage war with the prophecies that went on before (in this case, the prophecy of scripture), as a weapon.

Upvote 0

missmarple

Mar 1, 2013
Canada
✟15,288.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
God has done a healing in my heart and life recently and I would like to share it. I am 63 and live alone,never been married. I was born again at age 9, received the baptism of HS at age 40. I have been in church most of my life. Many many times i heard sermons, teachings, about forgiveness,how it is important for us to forgive all those who hurt us. many times I would pray saying, I forgive...and I was sure I had done so.
But one childhood abuser I had not forgiven. all these years I had not forgiven that person. I didnt even know I had not forgiven him that is how the enemy had deceived me. It took the Lord to show me.
One day I said something to someone i care about, and it was a wrong thing to say, it was inappropriate I guess, and this person took it badly. I apologised but this person was hurt. As I was praying to the Lord about it, I said to Him, "Lord I didnt mean to hurt him, I didnt know what I was doing!" and immediately the Lord reminded me of what He said on the cross, "Father, forgive them for they know not what they do". I thought of Jesus on the cross, of all He had endured, and how He had forgiven. Then the Lord reminded me of this person who had hurt me as a child and I felt He said "maybe he didnt mean to hurt you, maybe he was just such a wounded person himself, that he didnt really know what he was doing"...and all of a sudden I knew, I knew I had not forgive him,and that the Lord was showing me that now I needed to forgive that man. Just as I needed to be forgiven for hurting that friend of mine that day, so also I needed to forgive that man who had hurt me so long ago.
So I prayed and from my heart, forgave that man. I repented of my own sins of unforgiveness, bitterness, resentment, hatred and many other evil things. At church last weekend, I confessed this to some women in prayer and was prayed for, and was released from it all.
When I got home, I felt so free. My past which I had been carrying around like a heavy backpack on my back, I let go and walked away from it all. That unforgiveness had been keeping me tied to my childhood abuse and my own past sins. I am so happy that the Lord showed me my own heart and my own need to forgive others.

Upvote 0
believe that the Holy Spirit, being the Third Person of the Godhead, convicts men of sin, regenerates, indwells, baptizes seals and sets believers apart to a holy life; that he keeps and empowers believers day by day. We believe that he is the Teacher of the world of God and our Guide for daily life.

Totally agree with this...our guide, teacher, comforter, helper, advocate.....

Upvote 0
Often it is not wrong to ask again and again. Of course much of our "standing" is in acknowledging that He is faithful to what He has already promised. Often our standing is in our thanksgiving and our agreeing with the testimony of God and NOT contradicting ourselves. Not only with our words, but with our actions.

If your wife promised to bring home milk before she came home from a long evening's meeting and you believed her, you wouldn't be waiting outside of the store 'just in case'. In this case at least, you'd probably not call her again (maybe more than once) to remind her. Our actions often betray our persuasion and there is nothing like standing and declaring the reaffirmation of His promises.

Often this resets our "compass" because sometimes we do falter and get a little tossed by the winds of contradictory circumstances. In standing for your family, there is nothing like (when they get ugly) redeclaring the promise of God for your family directly in the face of that opposition. Since we are in a war and words do matter, sometimes it is part of that warfare to do as Paul told Timothy, wage war with the prophecies that went on before (in this case, the prophecy of scripture), as a weapon.

Yeah...right

Upvote 0

Jaelyn Liza

Jesus Lover
Feb 2, 2014
✟8,608.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I got so many testimonies. :) Most of all, I am just thankful for life. I am so thankful that I have complete healing and all health in Christ Jesus. I am thankful I can move my body, I am thankful I don't suffer pain and I am also grateful I have the authority to heal those needing healing. I am so thankful for it!! I am also really happy that God's affectionate love and tender mercies to me never end. I am so happy He loves and longs for me and enjoys my fellowship even if I am falling short. I am just so beyond blessed that He has given me life to the fullest!! :)

Upvote 0

PrudenceAnn

Jan 30, 2014
In total awe of the Glory of God
✟8,051.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is on my profile too... But I thought I would post it here as well :)

I was raised a Christian, and felt the presence of the Holy Spirit throughout my childhood, but lost my faith as a teen after a deep personal trauma. I have only recently returned; this is my testimony.

During a long period of depression, manifesting primarily in anorexia nervosa, my son started to ask questions about God. At the time, I was a self confessed atheist. One day, he asked me if we could go to church and wanting to present to him an option of faith, I took him along... And that is how it started. I felt warmed by the celebration and joy I found there, and moved by the Gospel. We attended church more together, but although I really wanted to believe, I was not quite 'there' yet. Then came the moment that would change my life forever. I was moved by a sermon to pray... But in a way that I had never prayed before... I prayed for hours and was filled with light, love and a peace that can't be described adequately in words. It was God. It was as if He had taken me by the hand, and lead me to a place of perfect wholeness. My eating disorder left me... Literally in an moment, and I have experienced no physical repercussions despite being unwell (and quite severely underweight) for a long time. I am now fully weight restored and have no inclination to abuse my body. I have been touched by a miracle, and will always always praise the Holy Name of Christ. I have indeed been blessed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I've been a christian since i was 13 . a friend told me about Jesus and i went home and prayed to him . i didn't really have any exposure to the bible for those first seven years but when i did start reading it the old testament made a lot of sense . it seems i had been on a wilderness journey of my own .

I learned a lot of things when i did come into contact to what is called the church . some of them good . some of them bad . but have to be thankful for the learning experience . i think around then the Toronto blessing was still quite a controversy .. the animal noises stopped before i encountered it but i recall some sort of miracle regarding gold fillings or something or what not . being taught by God in a wilderness setting i really appreciated the atmosphere rich in hidden manna . the person teaching me back then would have been called today a WoF type teacher . but that was before the current term was in use . generally we stopped being in contact at a certain point . and i really don't feel lead to speak badly of things God has already thoroughly dealt with . so i will move on with my story .

So after being taught i suppose how to study each finite point .. i then tried my hand at being a baptist for a few years . it was tough . but i generally put in a genuine honest effort . i learned a lot of things . especially about mercy from the fruit of being .. not so merciful . from this node in my journey i learned what it meant to share in the sufferings of Christ, in the bible it says .. he lives to intercede for us .. but i find he also lives every day .. suffering with us just being there . we are never alone .

I went through a stage of religious disillusionment, everything i learned i applied so it stayed with me even today .. but for a time i needed to detox . something about it made me become very .. not the fruit of the holy spirit .. so i determined .. that i had worked .. so now was a time of rest . having begun with the holy spirit teaching me .. it wasn't so bad .. but it was really hard at the beginning as somehow all the scripture i had memorized .. went poof all of a sudden .. but later re-manifested in my emotions .. like a seed blooming or whatever .. i don't hear others speaking of these things .. but it's interesting seeing the scripture in everything now that i am "seeded" by the good word . it was a traumatic time .. but then my rest was for the best .. it was a new day .

for a number of years i was ministering to people who were disillusioned as i was .. then later as i grew in my knowledge of how to share in the sufferings of Christ .. and also realizing .. that Christ was suffering for everyone .. not just card carrying church members .. through what i would share with Jesus .. i moved onto a more adventurous mission .

but that is a story for another day . hehe . it's amazing how God works not just in mysterious ways .. but in every possible way .. just to tell people in their hearts .. who don't know who he is .. that they are loved .

Last edited:
Reactions: PrudenceAnn
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I like your story of your journey with God its real, thanks for sharing it, God bless you

thank you for the encouragement . God bless you as well :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was raised by good hard working parents. My mom was a kool-aid mom, where all the neighborhood kids would flock to our house to be loved on and fed, no matter how many. Dad was a hard worker, never complained, never missed work. Good people, but people who thought that "good" was good enough, that this was being a Christian. That is a hard yoke to break.

I got saved when I was 20, miraculously, and shortly thereafter, wrote them a letter telling them of what happened to me and prayerfully sharing with them what salvation is, a trusting, rather than a doing. My mom called me and told me to never write another letler like that again, as it had hurt my dad greatly.
Three weeks later, my died died of a massive coronary in his sleep. As badly as I felt after being chastened by my mom about the letter, I am so thankful that I obeyed the Lord and wrote it.

Year passed, with my mom becoming a lonely alcoholic, still good, still kind, and thank God, eventually she joined AA, found sobriety, and worked in a drug and alcohol rehab clinic, where everyone called her "Mom". It was her calling.

I never again mentioned the Lord, or the path to salvation. I prayed, a lot. When she was 78, she had a severe stroke, and was near death. She could not move, except for one hand. She could not swallow, so was being fed by tube. She could not talk, at least intelligibly. She would try, so very hard, to mouth out the words she wanted to say buyt there was a disconnect between her brain and her mouth. The only words she could say, and clearly, were cuss words. "[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]" would escape her lips every time she would try to speak and could not get the words out. Strange how that works.

Anyway, my older sister, who was always the "intelligent one", LOL, the "responsible one", who was an agnostic and a U.S. District attorney, she and I flew out to see her. We stayed three days, but both of us had to leave to get back to our employment, our families, and it killed me that mom was facing an eternity where good was not good enough. I prayed that God would give me an opportunity to share the Lord with her again after all those years, but with my "big" sister there in her hospital room every minute, the opportunity never presented itself. It was time to leave for the airport, and we both tearfully kissed her goodbye, most likely for the last time.

As Dyanne and I got in the car, I remembered a picture that Mom had that she had promised me, and I ran back in to get it. When I entered her room, Mom's eyes lit up and she began to motion me over to her side, slowly with her one hand she could move. As I came up by her side, she reached out and shakingly grabbed my hand, and slowly placed it on her chest, with her withered, old, trembling hand on top of it. She then looked deep in my eyes and as clearly as I am typing the word, she said "Pray".

Right then, I was privelidged to finish what God had started with her in the letter he had me write twenty some years before. The look on her face when she finished was beyond priceless. The peace of God was all over her. She was at rest with HER God. Her life had not been lived in vain.

She died three days later, and that gift that Gid gave me from being able to participate in His work in her I can never repay. Thank you Lord, for your amazing grace.

Blessings,

Gideon

amazing -God is gracious :bow:

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I remember as the Father told Kat Kerr to never stop praying and standing for the salvation of your loved ones. It is a promise in the Word of God.
God has no favorites. What are riches if your loved ones are burning? When your family goes to Heaven, they have God and they have riches. What else would they need ? What is primary on their minds? You are! It is their family! God is a family person!

She says that God told her not to speak against your family by agreeing with their current situation.
By saying they are (whatever bad fruit they are bearing -- calling it by name). This "overthrows" your own prayer because your words reflect your doublemindedness. Heaven declares that you'll fulfill your destiny and purpose over your life (no matter what fruit you're bearing at this moment). We are to do things like they do in Heaven. We are to declare (not that they are druggies, or liars, or fornicators) that they have the grace of God working mightily in their lives. That they WILL be saved!

:) Reece Howells,intercessor .. called this .. abiding in faith (once you have received faith and prayed accordingly you are never to entertain any word nor thought nor imagination that is opposed to that which you have prayed in faith )

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟439,510.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private