Churon

May 10, 2007
Austria
✟15,376.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
God is sooo good I think I gotta write that in here. My latest lesson from yesterday was quite thrilling. On Wednesday I was a little bit dizzy the whole day long (which was odd). But then after midnight when I wanted to stand up from my chair after praying for a bit I got extremely dizzy. Went to bed, got up - still very dizzy (still strange). Got on the word, got healing scriptures, got in a book about who we are in Christ, got confessing and got healed - in the evening I was well again... learned that crying really doesn't help at all but that sticking with god actually helps - oh yeah and that continuity is sometimes asked (Well if you can call 5 hours of fighting continuity).

Upvote 0

jodycour

May 30, 2007
✟7,656.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Hey guys
I'm new to this chat room, I'm a new Spirit filled Contemporary Christian Artist. I can't post an external website yet because I haven't been doing this long enough yet. so just check out my contact info to and e-mail me and I'll let you know how to find my site.
I'm so greatful to God because He has blessed me with so much!
Have a blessed day!
bro.Jody

Upvote 0

evangelist1

Aug 8, 2006
Germany
Visit site
✟15,239.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I was born in Cambridge Mass in January 1955 and I was raised in Christian family, with two sisters. I was the bad apple in the family, never trustworthy and never on time. I loved basketball and I liked dancing and music, this was always a part of my life since I was eight or nine. Around that time I started going to guitar school, my family sent me there hoping I would be a star in music, and to keep me out of trouble.
When I was 11 or 12 years old I started smoking grass and cigarettes, I tried to keep it secret, but I always got caught some how. So I started finding another thing that would keep me out of trouble so I joined the Black Panther Party. I was giving out Black Panther newspapers on the street and I thought I was an important kid and cool because I was accepted in a group that was famous. I had no fear because I thought they would protect me with all their guns weapons and the black power behind them.
Eventually my family sent me to a Catholic boarding school where I lived and stayed until I got out of grammar school, but I was still reading and believing in the Black Panther party. In the Sacred Heart Catholic school the brothers or monks would beat me with rulers, and a strap to make me obey and to try to make me hate the Panther party, and be a good Catholic boy.
When I graduated from school I started learning how to run a live radio broadcast community station. This is when I started mixing records at the age of 15. I was the youngest DJ on the radio at that time and I could mix the records perfectly without anybody teaching me I originally started mixing by accident because I always like to make my favourite record play for a long time so I always had two or three copy of the same record to mix, and this gave me the talent to mix other records before anybody else. When I hit the clubs with this talent everybody wanted me to spin records in their club but I was too booked up to get to the real big clubs. I was not a good manager I always said "yes" to those who just used me to get rich and keep their club filled, and when a Club was going out of business I was the fool too build their club up for cheap money, because I was young and dumb.

Since I was doing so well as a DJ, I never finished high school. Eventually I joined the Army so I could one day go to Germany. So I did but I got out the army after finding out that the job I enlisted for was not available at the moment so the army tried to make me a infantry man which I learned to be a radio teletype operator (o-5 fox trot), with good typing skills eventually I lost all interest and I got out of the Army. When I went back to the states, I stared really moving in to different thing like religions and music, so I check out the Muslims by going to their meetings and I found some how it was to much like the army and I wanted no part of that system again. I tried Jehovah's Witness, but they said I must work my way to paradise, and it was another system of the army and I found no real love in the cult, so I started checking out scientology and I almost didn't come out because as soon as I signed their contract they wanted only my money, so I left that cult too.
Finally I started going to my old Pentecostal church where my grandmother went. That was when I started giving out tracts, and going door to door witnessing with boldness and at that time I knew I was a radical Evangelist, and I could spread the good news of the bible. Unfortunately I didn't stay because I had no real relationship with the Lord, I had everything in my head even though I seen incredible miracles, and demons cast out, and many powers of the Lord. I was young and I wanted to find life so I went back to the clubs, and the music was easy for me to mix because I played drums in the army on my spare time and in the church I played bass guitar, and sometimes regular guitar. I mixed records even in transvestite club for two years and did the music for the show, and of course I got caught up in having sex with these people. This was very dangerous for me, and as a result I caught HIV AIDS latter. I had a girl friend that came from Kassel Germany, and she worked on another big radio station so she made plans for me to come to Germany and start my tour throughout Germany. As soon as I got to Kassel the people never heard anything like what I was doing I became a super-star overnight. I had everything, women, money, house, free car and hotels, and free food as much as I wanted just to make sureI don't leave Kassel and to stay in their clubs.
When I wanted to go home for visit the club would pay for the tickets back and forth and everything included. Many DJ`S have learn from me because I was the only DJ mixing music in all of Europe in 1979 Other so called DJ`S would travel to my club to watch how they can steal my mixing and make big money for themselves. Many DJ's like West Bam, and Chilly T, and Grand master flash, heard or saw my style of mixing and made a their own business out of being a famous DJ, with the help of a good manager
I went home in 1990 that is when I started to work for Harvard university as a security guard. I would still take times to DJ at a club on the weekend, and this is when I started taking crack-cocaine almost everyday, also I had been smoking grass for the last 10 years everyday, and you can believe me that this hurt me physically and financially. I even had a son who saw some of what me and my wife went through, but after going to the church where I attend they helped us out of these problems. They prayed for us and counselled us until God set us free, and the Word of God broke every chain. The church prayed that we would be spiritual filled so there would be no room for drugs and evil temptations that would bind us again. During this time I did have many backsliding moments, where I took drugs again, but I always learn to confess the sins to my pastor mathias Jordan, and my counsellor willie Grave Jesus Centrium Kassel Germany which would pray for me each time, and encourage me not to be condemned. I wanted to stop, but I had to understand that it would take more time than I thought.
I noticed that my mind being renewed, like Rom 12:2 says "And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God." Confessing my faults was healing me as James 5:16 says, "Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much."
I am now working to carry out my vision, and the prophecy over my life, to have a television station like t.b.n,or the God Channel for Germany, so that this nation can be saved. A prophet and evangelist said, "first I must stay humble, and close to my family then God will open doors so I can do the work of the Lord." I could say a lot more about my life, but I think it will be too much for you to read.
By the way I have two children, and they are two boys 17 and 11 right now. I am living a healthy life despite the disease HIV. There are no outward signs of it in my life, and my family is healthy, the only way you would know I have it is by a special blood test. I have no job right now, but my loving wife is the one that is working as the secretary.. I have to look out for the kids and do all the housework. Now I know what Mothers really go through to take care of a home, this is more than an eight-hour job. I hope and pray that one day I will travel around the world and give my testimony. My desire is to see the program grow, and reach the lost by the thousands. Possibly I will spread the gospel in other churches, and show others how to witness, and see the sick get healed, and people set free from sins, and strong holds from the devil be broken. This is the goal for my life ,and what I am praying, and striving toward, and it is my vision to be a blessing in everyway to other that I can, with the helping anointing of The Holy Spirit .

Special thanks to a good friend (Jurgen Hepke) and ,Todd post for helping me put this testimony together on this web site.

Enjoy your blessings.
Evangelist C.Moore
Shalom.

M'r:11:22: And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.
M'r:11:23: For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
M'r:11:24: Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
M'r:11:25: And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.

Proverb:4:7: Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.

Upvote 0

Thuli

Jul 11, 2007
✟15,462.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I have read a lot of testimonies here which really have moved me. I then thought to post mine.

I am the first born from a family of six. I was born 36 years ago in 1971. My mother got married to my father when she was only 20. This was an arranged marriage.They had never met before their marriage. Normally in the previous, marriages from the African communities were arranged by the uncles. It would not matter whether the marrying couple knew each other. When my parents got married, my father was 20 years older than my mother. They were blessed with a son (my brother) during their first year of marriage but they unfortunately lost the child during labour. I was born 2 years later when my mother was 22.

Two years later my sister was born. Our family life was not so much fun. My father was very abusive over my mother. He used to beat her till she could not walk. This abuse started when my sibling sister was born (the one born after me). My father loathed my sister's birth in that if it was possible for him, he would have killed her. She accused my mother of adultery (that was only a scapegoat) to start with the abuse.

This was actually a disguise for my father because a year after I was born, he impregnated another woman whom he ultimately wanted to take as a second wife. My mother was against this and this, inturn brought turmoil to her life. She lived in missery. When my sibling sister reached a year, my mother decided to take her to my aunt (my mother's elder sister) to be raised from there. She thought this would make life better and bring peace at home. This did not work at all.

My mother decided to finally leave my father and took me with. I must say even during these abusive situations, I was my father's favourite child and this did not make me so happy to leave him. Otherwise I just left with my mother.
This is where life began to become sour on my side. My mother was very resentful of me. She hated me with passion. I must say the reason for her resentment was due to my abusive father and also to her very ugly up-bringing (I will not write about her up-bringing).

We moved to another township were my mother got involved again. This time with a married man who was equally abusive or even worse than my father was. This man used to beat my mother and would drag her to the streets for everybody to see her. This would touch me and annoy me a lot but because I was only a child, I could not do anything about it. This man gave my mother 2 more children and left. We were then four.

After a while, or I should say after a few years, she got involved again. This time with an old but very responsible man. This was the only time I tasted love again as a child. Their affair did not last and the old man left after giving my mother two more children. Making us six.

Life became more difficult with six children to feed. My mother worked as a labourer and earned peanuts. This, together with all her failed relationships and her not so good upbringing brought more frustration to her. The bitter part is that all this frustration was taken out on me. I cannot remember my mother looking me in the eyes with a smile. Everytime she would look at me with a frown and this in turn brought fear to me. I feared my mother like she was a beast even our neighbours could notice that.

She was very abusive to me. She would say abusive words to me and would even go to that length of ensuring that I was aware I was not liked let alone loved. She used to say she wished I had died before I was born.
This brought hatred to my heart. I hated life, I hated my mother, I hated everybody. I became some sort of an introvert, I started to isolate myself and thought I was not worth it.

When I reached 12, she stopped doing her house chore but rather transfered everything to me. Week days and weekends were just the same. I was made to do the family laundry, fetch water from the pond (about 5km from home), cook, bath the kids, clean the house and ensure that my sibblings' school uniforms would be ironed and ready by every Monday. This became my hobbies that I even enjoyed doing the chores.

Schooling to me was not so much fun. I was made to go to school without proper uniform and bare feet (even during chilly winter months). At school the teachers would scold and even beat me for not wearing uniform or not having proper text books. I so much got used to the beating that I never cared anymore. I must say I was very brilliant at school but no one could appreciate that. My mother even discouraged me. One day I mentioned to my other sibling that I will one day become a professor and just by saying that, my mother fumed, she said words I cannot post on this forum.

Anyway I did not care that much because I was used to her abusive words. When I turned 15, I started longing to confide to someone, I started longing to belong somewhere. I even thought orphans were better off and longed to be an orphan. Sometimes I would get ideas of poisining my mother to death. Unfortunately I tried that one day with hair cosmetics but it did not work. I was rather arrested for that. I stayed in jail for a few hours and the police released me after they had abused me.

This brought much longing. I then decided to make friends with my mother's cousin who had just moved to a township not far from us (I was sixteen by then). I would visit him on Saturdays after doing all my house chores to help him with his own laundry. This helped me a lot as I could even get lunch box money from him. This did not go far and one day after doing his laundry and cooking for him, he called me to his bedroom claiming that he wanted to show me something and he raped me. This was something new to me. I had never slept with a man before. I bled a lot that day but this did not bother him and I just told myself that it is normal to be hurt and I deserved it.

I kept the rape ordeal to myself. I couldn't discuss it with anyone let alone my mother. Three months after the rape I realized that my tummy was buldging. I felt very different. My mother did not even realise that for she never even cared to look at me. One day she scolded at me for no apparent reason as usual and this time I could not hold back and I answered back, I told her that I was going to move out and move in with her cousin since I fell pregnant because of him. This was a shock to my mother. I think if she was strong enough, she could have killed me that day. She hurled curses at me, telling me that she wished for the pregnancy to burst. Fortunately for her it did just that. I miscarried four days after she hurled curses at me.

Instead of my mother to take me to the clinic to be cleaned after the miscarriage, she just gave me headache powders and said I will be fine. I laid in bed for two days and the only treatment I received was the headache powders. On the third day she summoned for me. She then told me to start with my house chores as there was no reward for sleeping. I was in so much pain and blood was still pouring not flowing, but I just had to start with my chores. I went to the pond to fetch water, cooked, cleaned etc. Everytime I cried of pains she would just howl curses at me. Note that I have never conceived again since that time. I do not have children of my own. Fortunately the miscarriage happened during the summer holidays so I managed to go back to school the following year.

This was now a turning point in my life. I wanted to do something that will fulfill me but what? I did not know, I then decided to start making friends at school. I did this even against my mothers' approval. She never wanted me to have friends. I made sure I only made friends with the active girls just to gain popularity. I joined in and started to take alcohol and have boy friends.

One day we then decided to move in with a friend's boyfried. This was the only time I tasted love since after my mother left my father. There was always laughter in that house. There was always communications. You will understand that back home we never could communicate with my mother. It became a norm to such an extent that we were even afraid to communicate to each other (me and my sibblings)in her presence. Life became somehow different in that house but the only problem is that my school work started to lag behind due to too much partying. I then decided to go back home.

I was not welcomed back, not that I expected it. I did not even care anymore. She made sure that life was hell to me again. I ran again from home and this time I went to stay with a man 10 years older than me. At least I was away from the hate at home. I enjoyed staying with this man. I was free. I was not going to go back home not then not ever. Then one day when we were basking outside in the sun (my boyfriend's neighbours and myself), I saw my mother and my uncle coming from a distance. I became scared and ran into to the house to hide myself.

They looked for me until they found me. They took me back home where I was beaten until I fell unconscious. I was unconscious for about a day. They ripped my skin that I could not move anymore. Till today I still have the marks from that beating.

My mother then started to change with time. One Sunday afternoon she decided to invite me to accompany her to an afternoon church fellowship. She had been invited by her other sister and then she just wanted some company. We went to the Assemblies of God church. That was in 1987. That Sunday we both gave our lives to God. It is 20 years now since that day.

My mother's christian life has not been without turmoil but fortunately she kept on keeping on. She never let go of her love for Yeshua. I can say since she was born again, my mother repends on a daily basis. She loves the Lord with passion. She is the light to her community. People even come to her for prayers. My side of the christian life has had rough patches. Unlike my mother I could never hold fast. I would backslide and go back to the world.I have tried to commit suicide in many instances. I have been treated with depression. There was a time I stayed jobless and became a scorn to my neighbours. I started drinking too much and depending on handouts. My mother has been an inspiration to me. Sometimes I loose hope but she is always there to ensure that I will not loose hope to the extent of totally denying God.

After being in and out of love I fortunately got involved with a man of God and finally got married. He is a pastor at our church. He is also an inspiration to me. He does not loose hope that one day I will conceive. Just the other day he called me at work and told me that he was busy prying (his afternoon prayers) when he vividly heard a voice telling him that this time next year, he will be with child. He sees our little girl in his visions and he has even given her the name Leah.

Upvote 0

Jeffwo

~ In His service ~
Aug 9, 2002
Mississippi
Visit site
✟16,230.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
I have so many testimonies. God has been so good to me.

I will start with this one....12 years ago, I was hopelessly addicted to heavy drugs and alcohol. I was deep in organized crime. I had money and 'stuff' but I had no peace.

Well, one night I had gone to a little church and when I went to bed that night, I prayed that God would help me to quit the lifestyle, the drugs, drinking, etc. The next morning when I woke up, I was different, something was different, I didn't desire the same things anymore, I was delivered!

I have never had another drink/drug since! Praise God! He is good! All the time!

Reactions: Churon
Upvote 0

ANM29

Nov 11, 2003
In My Father's Hands..No Safer Place To Be
✟10,354.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have been wanting to tell this testimony today on the site somewhere..

Last night my cousin asked me to go to a church with her where a guest speaker was. I was planning on going to my church, but felt led to go with her. The service lasted only 2 in a half hours, and we were back home..

She had a lump in her right breast, and was going to get an ultrasound this morning. ( She already had the appointment ). She was referred to go by a doctor who documented that there was a lump/mass on her breast....

He was preaching and stopped and walked over to us and told us to stand up...he told me that God was getting ready to bless me with a huge financial miracle ( Which God has told me, this was more confirmation )...before we left service, he came over and told me once again as if he wanted to make sure I knew..My soul rejoiced once again, for I knew it was the Lord...

Ok, he looks at my cousin and tells me that I have been her life line for the past few months ( which is very true..wow )..Then he told me to place my hand on the right side of her chest..then he says, "What is going on up around this side of your body, your chest area?" She said, "I have a lump in my breast and I have a ultrasound/mammogram.all that stuff tomorrow morning..." He said to me, "Keep you hand right there on her and pray"..I began to pray for her and he did too....he then told her, "When you go they won't be able to find anything"........

After her appointment she comes here and says, "They cant' find it...The lady was like, "What lump were they talking about, there is nothing here.....who referred you again, etc"........Oh my GOD!!!! The lump was there, I felt it numerous times with my own hands...That night before that I felt it.....It is gone!!!!!!!!! PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was like a set up that she had that apt the next day anyway...God is so wise, he is so worthy of our praise.......

I have so many testimonies.....so many!!!!

Upvote 0

peacechild4

My ♥ is hidden in GOD~ want to find me ~ find GOD
Mar 4, 2005
Victoria Australia
Visit site
✟38,392.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single

Last night my cousin asked me to go to a church with her where a guest speaker was. I was planning on going to my church, but felt led to go with her. The service lasted only 2 in a half hours, and we were back home..

She had a lump in her right breast, and was going to get an ultrasound this morning. ( She already had the appointment ). She was referred to go by a doctor who documented that there was a lump/mass on her breast....

He was preaching and stopped and walked over to us and told us to stand up...he told me that God was getting ready to bless me with a huge financial miracle ( Which God has told me, this was more confirmation )...before we left service, he came over and told me once again as if he wanted to make sure I knew..My soul rejoiced once again, for I knew it was the Lord...

Ok, he looks at my cousin and tells me that I have been her life line for the past few months ( which is very true..wow )..Then he told me to place my hand on the right side of her chest..then he says, "What is going on up around this side of your body, your chest area?" She said, "I have a lump in my breast and I have a ultrasound/mammogram.all that stuff tomorrow morning..." He said to me, "Keep you hand right there on her and pray"..I began to pray for her and he did too....he then told her, "When you go they won't be able to find anything"........

After her appointment she comes here and says, "They cant' find it...The lady was like, "What lump were they talking about, there is nothing here.....who referred you again, etc"........Oh my GOD!!!! The lump was there, I felt it numerous times with my own hands...That night before that I felt it.....It is gone!!!!!!!!! PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was like a set up that she had that apt the next day anyway...God is so wise, he is so worthy of our praise.......

Wow sister that is amazing.. praise God.. Thank You Lord \0/ Thank You thank You.. thank You!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Churon

May 10, 2007
Austria
✟15,376.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

HALLELUJAH this thread is amazing! Thank you so much for sharing.

Upvote 0

Churon

May 10, 2007
Austria
✟15,376.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I have so many testimonies. God has been so good to me.

I will start with this one....12 years ago, I was hopelessly addicted to heavy drugs and alcohol. I was deep in organized crime. I had money and 'stuff' but I had no peace.

Well, one night I had gone to a little church and when I went to bed that night, I prayed that God would help me to quit the lifestyle, the drugs, drinking, etc. The next morning when I woke up, I was different, something was different, I didn't desire the same things anymore, I was delivered!

I have never had another drink/drug since! Praise God! He is good! All the time!

Praise god! :clap::ebil:
He really IS good. Thank you for sharing - I'm looking forward to more.

Upvote 0

crm4souls

Apr 2, 2008
Visit site
✟15,182.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Not enough churches today have a testimony night, I think something is lost in this. Our testimony is so powerful encouraging ourselves and others in time of need.

"Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in HEALTH, just as your soul prospers."
III John 2

www.power3diet.com

Upvote 0

MrSnow

May 30, 2007
✟8,977.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Some of these things are very tough to say, and I am not revealing every detail. But I think that in order to truly give my testimony, I have to say some things that are very touchy. But I know that I am not the only person in the world, and likely not the only person on CF, who has had these experiences. So as hard as some of these things might be to disclose to others, I think that others can benefit from seeing someone else in their shoes. So you may or may not want to read this.

I used to think that my childhood was more or less normal/good. I have a brother and a sister who are close to my age. My parents never divorced. We went to church every week. I was involved in various activities. I got decent grades. I played the piano and sax. I dated a few girls. My parents didn't hit me (I was spanked, but I'm referring to abusive hitting). But there were other factors in my childhood that bring things out of the normal category (at least I hope that it's not normal).

I saw my first inappropriate contentographic magazine when I was about 5. I was next door with a kid who was a few years older than I was, and he had one of his dad's inappropriate contents. I didn't have a huge notion of my sexuality at the time, but I at least knew that boys and girls were different and that boys are supposed to like girls for some reason.

As for this next part, I really have no idea how it started. But at some point in time around that same time (it might have been a little before... it might have been a little after), all the kids in my family (my brother, sister, and I, as well as my two cousins on my mom's side) were involved sexually with each other. Never any actual sex, but a lot of touchy-feely stuff. And that lasted for multiple years. I have no memory of ever being molested by an adult. I really don't know for absoulte sure if any of us were. But little kids don't just think up that kind of stuff on their own. Kids with no real concept of sexuality don't just start being sexual like that. I think that it is very possible (and I'd go so far as to say likely) that my sister, who is two years older than I am, was molested, and probably by more than one person. And because of this being in some of my extended family (my cousins being involved), I think that someone may have done something to some of the rest of us. I have some ideas, but absolutely no evidence.

This went on for some years, up till my early teens (maybe 13 years old). In addition to that, I was heavily immersed in inappropriate contentography. I also don't really remember a time in my life when there wasn't masturbation. I remember being, say, 4, and that not being there. But not after that. Most people that I've talked to didn't discover that till their teens. But that was part of my life since at least kindergarten. So from the time I was about 5 or 6 till just a couple years ago, inappropriate contentography was an integral part of my life. I won't get into details about this, but there was some pretty deviant stuff that I would watch/look at.

Warped sexuality consumed my almost every thought for years. I couldn't look at someone without picturing that person naked. I would normally imagine that person involved in some kind of sexual activity. It got to the point that I didn't even need to try to imagine things. It was just what my mind did. It's sort of like turning your water hose on and putting it on the ground where there is no grass. If you let it go, it will eventually carve out a path. If you go the extra step and carve out a small path first, a lot of water will take that path. Eventually there is a pretty good channel cut out and the water just goest that way without having to do anything. Then if you try to get the water to go another way, it already has that established path to travel down.

Not only did I train my mind to act a certain way, but multiple doors were opened for spiritual attack. I didn't realize it at the time, but I was just continuously inviting evil spirits to make their home in my mind. I've always been a person of the mind. I've always loved to learn. I've always loved knowing accurate facts. I've always been very logical. I've always been someone who sits and ponders things for hours on end. Although I acted on some of my imaginations, by and large I kept it to myself. I kept it all in my own mind.

Slowly but surely, I began to lose the ability to control what was going on in my mind. Even when it came to non-sexual thoughts, I could often not control what images were in my mind. As a hypothetical example, let's say that I invisioned a Jack-In-The-Box, with the "jack" out of the box attatched to his spring. Then in my mind I wanted to put the jack back in the box. I'd try to imagine him going back in the box, but I was not able to. I'd put him in, then he'd automatically spring back out. Or else there'd be something keeping him outside the box. And if Jack decided he wanted to start spinning in circles, I couldn't make him stop, even though it was just a picture in my mind. Mind you, I don't think that's ever actually been something in my mind, but you get the idea. I had a whole world of thoughts and imaginations that were by and large outside of my ability to control.

When I was very young (maybe around 1), my dad cheated on my mom and they almost got divorced. He convinced her to keep him around, but things never healed. I don't blame my mom for being bitter towards him, and I am definitely not saying how wrong she was, but she was just never able to really forgive him. But growing up, I never knew any of this. All I knew was that my mom was a bitter woman, always angry and cold, and that my dad was the fun one. Later on in my life, I grew to be pretty averse to women in general. Just the sound of a woman's voice for too long of a time would get me on edge. I eventually grew out of that, knowing more facts about my parents' relationship and knowing that there is nothing wrong with a person being a woman.

And due to all that, I can't remember too many nights when my parents were screaming at each other, and I couldn't sleep for several hours until they stopped or I just got too tired to stay awake. It wasn't just my mom or my dad being angry or starting something. Both of them would do things to keep it going. I remember just wanting to go out of my room and kill them both to make them shut up so there would be peace in the house and so we could sleep.

When it came to my relationship with God (if I even had one), I always wanted to learn more about the Bible and to learn more about God. I would read through the Bible, read theological books, watch preachers on TV, etc. So over time I accumulated a lot of facts about "theology". I wanted to be "correct" about things. Eventually I discovered the Catholic Church. After about a year of looking at them, I decided that I wanted to join them. But I waited until after I left home to pursue it, since I didn't want there to be confrontation about it (I always tried to avoid confrontation). Then when my parents were going to come and visit me, I stopped attending Mass and found a nice Presbyterian church to attend. I kept that up for a few years. I decided that the RCC wasn't the place for me. Then after a few years I changed my mind again. About 10 months later, after some more searching into things, I decided to join the Eastern Orthodox Church. I was chrismated into the EOC and spent about 2 years there total, until I met my wife. This was all in order to be the most correct that I could be.

Now, I've always had a conscience, and I've always known what was right and wrong. And I wanted to not sin, but my desire to sin usually outweighed my desire not to sin.

I met my wife, and we were married 6 weeks later. Two months after that we conceived our daughter, who was born this past September. We met in September of 06 and were married October 27th. She was evagelical, and one of those "word of faith" people. And although she didn't like everything about the EOC, she was willing, for a time, to join it so we could attend a church together and take communion together. That didn't last that long. She eventually got to the point that she couldn't stand going any more, but I was convinced that that was "the fulness of the church" and what not. It got pretty heated, and we almost divorced that night. Her mom came over as well. She definitely has the gift of prophecy. Even when I was in the EOC and thought that God only really moved there, I recognized that gift in her. She told me things that night that she couldn't have possibly known without me telling her (which I didn't), and I became convinced that the EOC really wasn't where it's at.

Keep in mind that the reason why I joined the EOC made a lot of sense in my mind, and those reasons still made sense even at that point. Up till that point I was unfamiliar with the concept of "deliverance". Through them God delivered me from a lot of things. But not too long after that they were back. I began to wonder if God even existed. For a few weeks I wasn't sure if there was even a God who was hearing my prayers. All I could pray was "God, if you're there, I want to believe in you. If you're there, give me some faith". He did. I got out of that hole, believing that God exists.

During the course of my marriage, I was not honest with my wife concerning a lot of struggles I had been having. At the time we got married, it had been about a year since I looked at a inappropriate content. By God's grace I have kept that trend. But the effects of a life time of inappropriate content viewing had made a very deep etch in my mind. Actually, a whole lot of deep etches. I couldn't have sex without imagining that she was someone else. Not because she wasn't enough for me, but my mind just automatically went that route. After a little while, I was able to force my mind to not actively engage in that, but images of other people constantly plagued my mind. She would ask me if I struggled with these things, and I would say that I didn't. I can't get much, if anything, past her. She knew that something was up.

Being on a submarine, although I wouldn't actually get skin-to-skin with men, there were things that went on. Whether exposing ourselves, or touching through clothes, or whatever. There were even games of "chicken" that involved kissing if neither person would chicken out. That happened once after I got married, but several times before. Although at the time I considered things as "acting like men on a submarine", most of that in all reality constituted cheating. Eventually all this came to the surface with my wife. Not just the things themselves, but lying about so many things. She thought that we had just the perfect marriage, while I was acting like someone else entirely when I was at work.

I've tried to control my thought life, but I just couldn't stop things from going into my head. I'd try to focus on other things, but my mind was just swamped with images. Even though I had stopped actively trying to imagine other women, I just couldn't get things out of my head.

There was a lot of dramatic events in the past month. It got to the point that she was about to leave, take the kid with her, and make sure that I never knew where they were for the rest of my life. Although she never walked out, that would happen day after day. Eventually it was brought to my attention that I was not even saved. Now, my mother-in-law, who has the gift of prophecy and words of knowledge, doesn't say "God said" very lightly. And when she does it is evident that God is actually telling her something. My life was crumbling under my feet, and I was begging God to help me. After she told me that, all I could do was beg Him even more.

Later on that night (this was May 3rd), things got really heated, and the subject of my lack of salvation came up. Although my wife (and mother-in-law) strongly disliked me at that point, neither of them wanted me in hell. So we prayed together, and I received Christ into my heart that night. The whole time we were praying I couldn't stop crying. And it was so much of an emotional cry. Just as soon as I started praying the crying came on. And after we were done I couldn't stop for a good 10 minutes.

It got a LITTLE better for my wife and me after that. The next day we went out to lunch with a friend who, although he had moved to Texas, just "happened" to be in town that day. He brought some friends from his church (the one in our area that he used to be part of). It just so "happened" that two of them had a deliverance ministry. Later on that night, things got heated between my wife and me again (keep in mind that she has a LOT of pain and scarring from my actions and lies). We called those people up for help, and they agreed to see us. That night we talked and prayed for several hours. We talked a lot about both of our pasts. Many soul ties were broken. Many sins were acknowledged. Many spirits were addressed and rebuked/cast out. We were pretty thorough.

Since that night my mind has changed drastically. Although many of the images would still come to my mind, God not only delivered me of the spirits, but He began the healing process. Each day my mind has gotten stronger and stronger. I have gotten more and more control over what happens in my mind. I cannot say that I am 100% better. But compared to just the other week, I'd say it's about 85-90% better. I used to try to imagine what it would be like to not constantly have sexual images in my mind. And truthfully, I couldn't imagine it. I didn't know if it would be possible. But it's been so refreshing. Especially the last few days. It's so wonderful to be able to actually choose a thought and have that in my head. It's so wonderful to know that something is coming and be able to keep it from becoming a thought or image.

Each day God gives my mind more and more strength, and the healing keeps on continuing. God has given me the ability to truly believe and trust Him. He has delivered my mind from the bondage it was under. He has showered blessings upon me. He is always showing His goodness in ways that I could never have imagined.

My wife is healing as well. I have hurt her a lot. She has forgiven me, but there is still pain. But God is so much bigger than anything we might be facing!

Thank you, Jesus, for taking upon yourself the curse of our sins, so that we might be delivered from its bondage.

There are probably some details that I have left out, but that's the gist of it.

If I've said anything inappropriate, please let me know first so that I can fix it and we can deal with it without the report button. Thank you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rushingwind62

Debi1967 is the love of my life!!!!
Sep 24, 2005
Green Valley, IL.
✟10,505.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My Testimony
I was born August 21, 1962 in Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan. When I was born I didn't breath for over 5 minutes and almost died. Doctors told my parents because I didn't breath for so long I could be severely brain damaged, but to their amazement I lived and for the most part I am normal. Although my parents argue that to this day...lol...Sortly after I was born we move to a town called Pekin, Illinois where me and my one older sister were pretty much raised. My parents were both from Arkansas orginally and they were raised old fashioned and taught to believe in God. Although in their time of raising they didn't attend church much because all their time was in the cotton fields making a living. They were and are loving parents and they instilled in me and my sister, Godly love and morals. We tried to make it to church when I was little but as we grew up church was not a part of our life.

In my younger years I was always beat on in school and made fun of because I was a slow learner and had emotional troubles. I now know it was due to Bi Polar Disorder that went undiagnoised until age 40. But the beatings and ridicule impacted my life deeply and caused me to be very insecure in my self and that in turn lowered my self esteem. As I grew into my teen years all I wanted was acceptance so I started hanging around the very people that were beating me and making fun of me. Needless to say I started doing what they were doing, so it wasn't long before I got in drugs, smoking, and drinking. I wasn't really a trouble maker but I was caught up in the partying lifestyle and began to rebell against my parents. They didn't know what to do with me. I was growing wild and failing in school. So they did the only thing they could.Pray. And it must have worked.

At age 18 I began searching for the Lord but it seemed like nothing really changed. I had asked Him into my life many times but I didn't understand the concept of faith. I am sure the Lord came into my life then but at the time I didn't know it or believe it. And soon I was back into the partying again. Things seemed to be going well for me though. I had a good paying job as a painter. Had just bought my first new car and was getting ready to move out on my own. I thought I had it made, but boy was I wrong. Things started going bad in 1986. The recession was just starting to hit. Dad had gotten laid of in March and I was about to get blindsided on my own job. But that wasn't all, the family was about to get hit hard emotionally.

In August of 86 we got a call from my mom's relatives in Ark and they had some bad news. One of my mom's sister's had found out she had lung cancer and it was in the late stages. Needless to say it upset all of us. She was mom's favorite sister's and was my favorite aunt. A few days after that call I found out things at work weren't good and they were talking major layoffs. Then in September the day came and with our paychecks many of us got lay off notices. All of a sudden I found myself in major debt and had to file bankruptcy and lost everything I had been building up. Basically over the next few weeks my whole world came tumbling down and I found myself in emotional distress as well. Then one night in late November we got another call from Arkansas. My aunt was in the hospital and she wasn't expected to make it through the night.

I remember that night very well. It was about midnight when we got the call and immediately we pooled our money together, packed our bags and began loading the car. It was a clear, crisp, cool night and all the stars were shining brightly. And as I was loading the car I looked up into the night sky to look at the stars, but one in paticular caught my eye because it was shining brighter than all the others. A chill went over me and I knew I was looking at the North Star. Automatically I started thinking about the birth of our Lord and Saviour. Well we got the car loaded and headed out about 1 in the morning. I was sitting in the back seat and it didn't seem to matter what direction we were going in, that star seemed to be following me and staying in my view. So for the whole trip down my mind constantly kept replaying the story of Christ birth. The stable, the manager, the animals, the wise men and kings following the Star, and the gifts they brought to the babe and Messiah.

We drove straight through and went directly to the hospital hoping my aunt was still alive and to our surprise she was. As we walked into the small country hospital we immediately heard someone breathing from somewhere in the hospital, and with each breath you didn't know if another would follow. I knew that was my aunt and didn't even stop at the nurse station to ask where she was. I just followed that sound of breathing down the hall. I got to the door and sure enough it was my aunt. I was unnerved to say the least. I had been around death before but never like this. Never had I heard such anguish and suffering in someones breathing. Mom and Dad finally caught up with me and slowly we opened the door and walked in. My aunt was awake and immediately recognized us. We all gave her a hug and then I went and just stood at the foot of her bed. I couldn't talk to her though, I simply didn't know what to say. She knew seeing her this way disturbed me but she never said anything either. But she would just look at me with eyes of compassion. I saw something in her that went much deeper than the pain she was feeling and I was curious as to what it was I was seeing.

She hung in there and fought for two weeks after we got there. And during those two weeks I saw so much in her that I did not understand or comprehend. For instantce, she never once complained about her condition but seemed to accept it and at times almost seemed to embrace it. She wasn't afraid of dying and that totally bewildered me. I was asking myself what gives her such peace in this? If I were in her place I would have been terrified and angry too, but not her. I recall one night when her husband had a light heart attack in the lobby and since the other bed in my aunt's room was empty the nurses took him in and laid him in the bed next to her and pulled the curtains about half way as to not upset my aunt. Now at this point my aunt had not been able to find the strength to sit up in bed by herself. My uncle had a history of heart problems so my aunt knew what was going on when they brought him into the room and to my amazement somewhere she found the strength to pull herself up to a sitting postion and she pulled the curtain back to make sure he was ok. This blew me away! Where did she find the strength to do that and how can she show such love and concern when she is on her death bed? I wasn't sure what she but whatever it was I wanted it! After seeing he was resting she laid back down and fell into acoma for about 2 days as I recall.

In the two days my aunt was in acoma I seen many of her fellow christians coming into pray for and on the the last day she was alive I felt a need to go pray with her as well. I wasn't sure what to pray for so I just prayed like everyone else, for God to heal her. After I prayed for her I turned and walked out of the room. But as I got halfway down the hall I heard a voice with authority say, "STOP!! That was a selfish prayer, go back and pray again!" I looked up and down the hall but no one was there and it dawned on me that I had just heard the voice of the Lord. So without hesitation I turned and went back in the room. My cousins were all there and they kind of gave me a funny look, but I paid them no heed. I was a man on a mission. I walked over beside my aunts bed, picked her hand up and held, and said these words: Lord, if you are going to heal my aunt then heal her and if you are going to take her home then take her. But one way or the other end her suffering now. I ask for your will to be done not only in her life but in mine as well. In your name I pray, Amen." Then I walked out of the room and went home with a cousin of mine to spend the night. We hadn't much more than got home when someone came knocking on the door, I looked at him and his and said, "it's your sister coming to tell she is gone." And sure enough it was.

We went back to the hospital immediately to be with the family that had gathered there and I wanted to go back and see my aunt one last time before the visitation and funeral so another cousin went back with me. When we went into the room her children were still there so I just went to the place I had been going along, the foot of her bed and just looked at her. But as I was looking at her all of a sudden in the twinkling of an eye I saw Jesus laying on that bed and not my aunt. I looked at my cousins but no one else seemed to notice it. Then I realized what the Lord was showing me. He was showing me He was the strength, the love, the courage I had seen in my aunt. After awhile me and the cousin that went with me (Marilyn) walked out of the room and headed back to the lobby. About halfway down the hall she grabbed my arm and stopped walking. Then she turned to face and said: "Rob, I don't know what the Lord is doing in your life but I know He is doing something because you are lite up with His glory." Then she said, "Always remember to walk by faith and not by sight because He will never lead you astray." It made me feel good that someone noticed God was doing something in me but to be honest I had no clue what it was that He was doing. I only knew He was stirring within me.

Then the night of my aunt's visitation me and another cousin stepped outside the funeral home to have a cigarette and he too was a christian. As we were talking he stopped in mid sentence and looked at me. Then he said:"Rob, you are light up like a christmas tree and I can see by your countance God is doing a major work in you. If you never remember anything remember this, always go by faith. He will never leave you or forsake you." Needless to say I was floored because it was almost word for word what Marilyn had told me. I was puzzled by this and asking God exactly what He was doing in my life and why it was so important to hear those words twice. I got an answer but not one I was expecting. And the answer I got blew me away.

The next day, Dec 10th, 1986 was my aunts funeral and it was emotionally very hard for me. I tried to hold my composure because I was a pallbearer. But I couldn't because God was breaking me at that time. One thing I was able to do was share a poem God had laid on my heart years earlier which was called HE IS:
He is the Father,
supreme and divine.
He is here and there,
and not just mine.
He is the Son,
so full of love.
He is so beautiful,
and pure as a dove.
He is the Spirit,
that light so bright.
He is the comforter,
in our darkest night.
He is the Almighty,
standing so tall.
He is always there,
so we'll never fall.

After the funeral we all gathered back at my uncles for fellowship and dinner. After we ate my aunt's mother in law called me to her side. I went over and knelt at the side of the rocking chair and she looked me sqaure in the eye and said: "Rob the glory of the Lord is all over you and I know He is becoming a reality in your life. He has many things in store for you but the most important thing I could ever tell you is to always trust and go by faith. He will lead you and guide each step you take." My mouth hit the floor, for the third time I had heard these words. That night we went back up the hill to my grandma's house where we had been staying and were planning on leaving the next morning. Now this is way back off the beaten path about 5 miles down an old dirt road so it was quiet and with no lights to interfer you can see every star in night sky. We pulled into her drive and parked and I told mom and dad I need some time. So I walked out to where the barns and old gray wooden sheds were and came to stop in front of what I would later find out was called the ole sheep shed and began to weep uncontrollably and started crying out and wailing before God. All of a sudden I felt a hand on top of my head pushing me gently yet forcefully to my knees. I didn't have to look around this time to see who was there, I knew it was the hand of God. And there on my knees with tears streaming down my face I asked Jesus Christ to come into my heart and life. After praying I praised Him for a long time. And when I finally opened my eyes I was looking straight above me and what was the first thing I saw? The North Star directly above me. Again I began to cry and slowly looked into the old sheep shed and in a vision from heaven I saw the animals, and the kings, and the wisemen, Mary and Joesph, and there in the manager the babe who was, is, and always shall be called the Messiah. At that moment I knew I had my own encounter with Christ and I had been born again. The reality of what I had been through had changed my life.
I am here to tell you Jesus Christ is a reality and He is waiting for you to come to your senses and accept Him as Lord and Saviour of your life. All you have to do is knell to your knees and cry out to Him to come into your heart and life. It's that simple, God so loved the world that He gave His only Son to die for us so that we might live the glorious life He desires us to live. If all that isn't enough to convince as we were leaving the next morning just before dawn I was looking out the front windshield and just above the tree line was the North Star once again. I knew my life would never be the same again. And neither will yours once you accept Him into your life.....God Bless You and I hope God will use my testimony to become a reality in your life.

Rushingwind (Rob)

Upvote 0

deckland

Jul 8, 2007
✟7,620.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
It happened quite a long time ago but I still remember it... Sometimes I get reminded how little I deserve to have known His care of me... I was sixteen years old at that time, one weekend evening I had toothache and the pain wouldn't go away although I tried a few things. It was late in the evening so I had to wait until the following morning to go to the dentist. I've decided to go to bed and try to get some sleep, so I was lying in my bed and praying to God about something else. A thought has probably crossed my mind so that at the end of the prayer i asked God if he could help me get asleep because of the pain in my mouth. I said "Amen" and something really amazing happen... I felt amazing warmth on the inside of my mouth, right at the area where my toothache was. The touch of warmth went on for no more than a second and ,with it, the pain was completely gone. Absolutely, perfectly cleaned and gone without any trace or even trace of the pain itself. What I remember even to this day is not only the healing but my first thought when it happened - I wasn't surprised at all, but one question popped into my mind right away - did God answer to me before or after I said "Amen"? I probably won't be able to explain this , but never before or after have I such an experience where the timing has been so granular and precise, almost out of this world. Amazing, amazing, amazing. Sometimes I see people around me, not knowing God and His goodness, keeping busy with stupid and useless things and I think - there's nothing that I've got on my own that have made me worth to be known by God, to have seen His power... Thank you Jesus!

Upvote 0

gigman

Mar 20, 2008
Broken Arrow, Ok
✟1,509.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'll make it short and sweet.

I was a alcoholic and a drug addict. I had no future whatsoever.
Then Jesus came along and BAM! No more addiction, a wife and three wonderful kids a dog, cat and a house.
Oh yes, and He filled me with the Holy Ghost.
ISN'T JESUS WONDERFUL!:clap:

Upvote 0

Robin-linne

Jun 17, 2008
Trussville, Alabama
✟15,132.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My only daughter was in an accident last Friday-riding a moped she was hit by a car. Winesses said it was as if "a hand" took her body-which flew 20 feet- and placed it into the marshy grass where she landed. She lost her helmet and shoes-moped is demoloished. Her body is unbroken, no stitches, no internal injuries, bruises which have healed.His mercies are new every day!! Miracles are real and happening every day if we open our eyes to them. God has opened my eyes and I pray that this testimony will be used for His glory!!!

Upvote 0
A

Amaryllismayfly

Pulled from a different thread but here it is.

One day I was bored (always how bad things start LOL )
and so I was playing with a magnifying glass. and I burned the yellow cones in my eyes. so I couldn't look at Yellow but because my rods were fine I could see it out of the corner of my eye but when I tried to look at it. it would turn pink. (it was quite annoying). so I went to youth camp. this was a year later. and one night I broke down and said "God I want to be healed" and I heard his voice say "Pray for my Sheep" so I said "Ok, But I want the evangelist to call me up on stage!" and I heard the voice again "Pray for my sheep". so I went and started praying for other people and after 2-3 people the evangelist came on the mic and said "ok, I want anyone that needs healing to come up on the stage". (I'm starting to cry typing this LOL) I was about to jump for joy I was so excited. got up there and the evangelist had the youth leaders from different churches come and pray for people. the guy that came to me. he said "God might not heal you". LOL I said to him "NO! he will heal me" (I think I scared him). then he prayed for me quickly and took off LOL. then the evangelist started anointing people with oil and I was standing there praying in the spirit and God said Open your eyes. and there was a guy right in front of me (in front of the stage) wearing a Yellow shirt. (I started rejoicing) and that year they desided to make the whole room Yellow LOL it was so incredible. I still thank God everyday. he's so good!

woooohoooooo! Amazing testimony! Thank you God!! Your other link doesn't work btw. I had to come find this one to tell you thank you for sharing it.

Upvote 0