Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Guys I have to admit I feel like I'm done for. The bible talks about seeking Esau's birthright with tears and not being able to get it, as well as living in fearful expectation of fiery judgement. Jesus said the only unforgivable sin is blasphemy of the HS. I fear I have done this. I said "D*** you HS" what do I do???? I don't want to die. I don't want to be hurt and burned. I don't want to be cast out, but how can such a grevious, horrid sin be forgiven? Am I doomed and aware of my doom but unable to be restored? Do I have to live in fearful expectation knowing I am to be condemned?

Also the comments on the post (especially DavidIn(something)) also are scaring me (as well as the post itself): https://z3news.com/w/bible-studies/exposing-the-false-doctrine-of-once-saved-always-saved/

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
IMO blasphemy of the HS only is unforgivable when you mean it and aren't doing it more accidentally. That you are so worried about it tells me you likely did not commit the actual unforgivable sin. I think it takes more than a moment of weakness and anger to commit that one.

Upvote 0

JesusIsMySavior101

Matthew 25:40 everything we do, we do it for Him!!
Oct 16, 2016
Usa
✟10,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello kinda ironic right because of my name.. lol.

I think that blasphemy of the Holy Spirit happens when we go through out our whole life and don't accept gods gift of him. And also salvation that is found in Christ. So I think this should exclude true believers.

If this were to be true, why I can't say I'm not guilty of the same thing myself Because if I did that would be a lie. You know they say that he knows us before we were born, so surely he wouldn't put you or me in harms way. He will however use it for our good.

References

Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Ephesians 2:10
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Upvote 0

Daryl Gleason

A man of God
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2016
Cali, Colombia
✟28,436.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hello, and grace and peace to you in the name of our Father and our lord Jesus.

Looking at the verses Matthew 12:31-32 and the wider context starting at verse 22, the blasphemy that Jesus says is unforgivable has to do with what the Pharisees had just done in the passage: attributing a miracle done through the holy spirit to demons.

Jesus had just healed a demon-possessed man who was blind and mute so that the man was then able to see and speak. The Pharisees said, "It is only by Beelzebul, the prince of demons, that this fellow drives out demons." This statement prompted Jesus to say, among other things, that anyone speaking a word against him would be forgiven, but anyone speaking against the holy spirit would not.

In what you have said above, you have not done what the Pharisees did. Also, as another said above, the fact that you are concerned about this is a strong indicator that you have not. The Pharisees were certainly not repentant of their statements and actions.

God knows the intents of our hearts, and while it is true that we will be held accountable for every careless word we say (Matthew 12:36), he has provided a way for us to be forgiven for this, too. All we have to do is simply ask for forgiveness in accordance with 1 John 1:9 and believe that God will forgive and purify us, just as he promises to do.

So, you may simply confess what you have done and receive God's forgiveness and purification, and then you may be at peace with a clear conscience before him.

In Christ,
Daryl

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You've gotten good advice here, DeerGlow, and you can rest assured that indeed, God knows your heart and doesn't act in petty, silly ways like we do. Otherwise, we would ALL be in trouble!

• Agree
Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0

AvgJoe

Member since 2005
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2005
Texas
✟332,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Guys I have to admit I feel like I'm done for. The bible talks about seeking Esau's birthright with tears and not being able to get it, as well as living in fearful expectation of fiery judgement. Jesus said the only unforgivable sin is blasphemy of the HS. I fear I have done this. I said "D*** you HS" what do I do???? I don't want to die. I don't want to be hurt and burned. I don't want to be cast out, but how can such a grevious, horrid sin be forgiven? Am I doomed and aware of my doom but unable to be restored? Do I have to live in fearful expectation knowing I am to be condemned?

Also the comments on the post (especially DavidIn(something)) also are scaring me (as well as the post itself): https://z3news.com/w/bible-studies/exposing-the-false-doctrine-of-once-saved-always-saved/

The blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, specific as it was to the Pharisees’ situation, cannot be duplicated today. Jesus Christ is not on earth, and no one can personally see Jesus perform a miracle and then attribute that power to Satan instead of the Spirit. The only unpardonable sin today is that of continued unbelief. For more detail~~~>https://gotquestions.org/unpardonable-sin.html .

Upvote 0

MWood

Jan 7, 2013
✟122,541.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

When I read what you wrote, I realized that you know the HS. If you know Him then you believe in Him that He Is. If you know Him and believe that He Is, then you didn't blaspheme Him. You know that He leads and guides you in all things. You were having problems and needed someone to be angry with and you picked Him. God knows your heart.

As to OSAS, Believe it. Paul tells us that the HS sealed us into the Body of Christ and no one can take you out. Who can open the seal of the Holy Spirit?

Upvote 0

Daryl Gleason

A man of God
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2016
Cali, Colombia
✟28,436.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, specific as it was to the Pharisees’ situation, cannot be duplicated today. Jesus Christ is not on earth, and no one can personally see Jesus perform a miracle and then attribute that power to Satan instead of the Spirit. The only unpardonable sin today is that of continued unbelief. For more detail~~~>https://gotquestions.org/unpardonable-sin.html .
Sorry, but this is not true.

If you or I performed a miracle (healing, deliverance, etc.) in the holy spirit, and someone saw and said that it had been done by demons or by Satan, that person would be guilty of blaspheming against the holy spirit just as the Pharisees did in their day.

You do believe in miracles from God through the holy spirit today, no?

In Christ,
Daryl

Upvote 0

DeerGlow

User Gifted Supporter Status by Someone Else
Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Sorry, but this is not true.

If you or I performed a miracle (healing, deliverance, etc.) in the holy spirit, and someone saw and said that it had been done by demons or by Satan, that person would be guilty of blaspheming against the holy spirit just as the Pharisees did in their day.

You do believe in miracles from God through the holy spirit today, no?

In Christ,
Daryl

Does that mean I could have committed that sin? I don't want to go to hell but I said terrible things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Does that mean I could have committed that sin? I don't want to go to hell but I said terrible things.

No. you haven't seen anyone perform miracles and attributed them to demons, right? Then no.

The fear of hell really REALLY bothers me. "Love" is not supposed to be based around fear, and when you fear offending someone because you don't want to be punished, that is not loving them, that's being afraid of them. Love and fear , paralyzingly fear, isn't good, and can't exist together in a healthy way. "Loving" because of fear isn't real love, it isn't genuine feeling, it's feeling threatened. A real, loving relationship has two-way communication and not "gun to the head" or "if you don't love me I'll torture you" threats. That's not love, that's abuse, and to claim that's "love" could only be.valid if you twist the definition of love.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DeerGlow

Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
No. you haven't seen anyone perform miracles and attributed them to demons, right? Then no.

The fear of hell really REALLY bothers me. "Love" is not supposed to be based around fear, and when you fear offending someone because you don't want to be punished, that is not loving them, that's being afraid of them. Love and fear , paralyzingly fear, isn't good, and can't exist together in a healthy way. "Loving" because of fear isn't real love, it isn't genuine feeling, it's feeling threatened. A real, loving relationship has two-way communication and not "gun to the head" or "if you don't love me I'll torture you" threats.

My fear is terrible and I feel like it is keeping me from proper repentance. I just can't stop fearing that verse, the Holy Spirit isn't evil but I called Him evil names and I'm so scared.

Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
My fear is terrible and I feel like it is keeping me from proper repentance. I just can't stop fearing that verse, the Holy Spirit isn't evil but I called Him evil names and I'm so scared.

This only furthers my point. Paralyzing fear does not make a loving relationship. Think of your parents. Did you say you love them only because you feared punishment? Were you deathly afraid of them and tried to convince yourself to love them? I hope not.

Fear like that is more emotional abuse than anything else, and if any parent did that, they'd never be seen as loving. Paralyzingly fear is never a good thing to have in a relationship. If fear of punishment is the sole reason for a relationship, that's harmful. Filling your life with fear of what might be done to you is sick and not something that should be endured in a claimed relationship of "love".

Upvote 0

DeerGlow

Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
This only furthers my point. Paralyzing fear does not make a loving relationship. Think of your parents. Did you say you love them only because you feared punishment? Were you deathly afraid of them and tried to convince yourself to love them? I hope not.

Fear like that is more emotional abuse than anything else, and if any parent did that, they'd never be seen as loving. Paralyzingly fear is never a good thing to have in a relationship. If fear of punishment is the sole reason for a relationship, that's harmful. Filling your life with fear of what might be done to you is sick and not something that should be endured in a claimed relationship of "love".

How can I increase my love for God over my fear when I can't settle my fears on the unforgivable sin? I feel like all I can think about is fire and maggots and that look Jesus might give me saying "GET AWAY FROM ME YOU EVILDOER" I don't want that I'm very scared but I'm worried it's too late.

Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
How can I increase my love for God over my fear when I can't settle my fears on the unforgivable sin? I feel like all I can think about is fire and maggots and that look Jesus might give me saying "GET AWAY FROM ME YOU EVILDOER" I don't want that I'm very scared but I'm worried it's too late.

Simple: don't fear hell. Hell is not anything resembling love in any way shape or form. It's evil and twisted and unjust if infinite. Almost any human could think of a punishment for any crime more just than that.

There are many other hells in other cultures, but we only fear the one we were raised with.

And again, hell is NOT love. The reason that you feel so conflicted and confused is because you're trying to reconcile hell with the thought that God is all-good and loving. Actions speak louder than words.

Anyone who claims to love you, really love you, would never torture you for eternity. If God/Jesus/the Holy Spirit is truly all-good and love, hell would never be considered a punishment. That is the farthest thing from love.

It legitimately hurts me to see people so afraid as they try to reconcile between hell and God being all-loving when hell is the farthest possible thing from love.

Upvote 0

DeerGlow

Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Simple: don't fear hell. Hell is not anything resembling love in any way shape or form. It's evil and twisted and unjust if infinite. Almost any human could think of a punishment for any crime more just than that.

There are many other hells in other cultures, but we only fear the one we were raised with.

And again, hell is NOT love. The reason that you feel so conflicted and confused is because you're trying to reconcile hell with the thought that God is all-good and loving. Actions speak louder than words.

Anyone who claims to love you, really love you, would never torture you for eternity. If God/Jesus/the Holy Spirit is truly all-good and love, hell would never be considered a punishment. That is the farthest thing from love.

It legitimately hurts me to see people so afraid as they try to reconcile between hell and God being all-loving when hell is the farthest possible thing from love.

He is loving, but equally wrath, and sin cannot be in His presence. And how do you understand the unpardonable sin?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
He is loving, but equally wrath, and sin cannot be in His presence. And how do you understand the unpardonable sin?

If sin cannot be in his presence, and all humans are supposedly sinful, then God would never visit or speak to anyone if he somehow cannot be around sin or else we, I don't know, burn up or something. It doesn't make sense. And as I said, loving and wrath of eternal torment can't be together unless you redefine love.

I understand the unpardonable sin as only something that could be done in Jesus's day, because he did direct things that were from God, with him being the Son of God.

Upvote 0

DeerGlow

Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
If sin cannot be in his presence, and all humans are supposedly sinful, then God would never visit or speak to anyone if he somehow cannot be around sin or else we, I don't know, burn up or something. It doesn't make sense. And as I said, loving and wrath of eternal torment can't be together unless you redefine love.

I understand the unpardonable sin as only something that could be done in Jesus's day, because he did direct things that were from God, with him being the Son of God.

Couldn't someone see the records of what He did and commit that sin? Or know if the Holy Spirit and basically do the same thing?

Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Couldn't someone see the records of what He did and commit that sin? Or know if the Holy Spirit and basically do the same thing?

Keep in mind that the Gospels were written, at the earliest, a couple decades after Jesus lived on Earth. That's like someone's dad saying they know what Martin Luther King Jr. said because of something that was written by a friend of a friend, who met MLR Jr. exactly once and waited until several decades passed to write about it in the first place. We can't really know how much of it, if any, that's in the Gospel was what Jesus really said, Even if the Gospel writers were eyewitnesses, why wait until several decades had passed, when many of the followers were likely dead, to write about what Jesus might of said? For that matter, why didn't Jesus himself write down anything?

There's a difference between reading something and seeing it for yourself, especially something that was written decades after the events happened.

Upvote 0

DeerGlow

Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Keep in mind that the Gospels were written, at the earliest, a couple decades after Jesus lived on Earth. That's like someone's dad saying they know what Martin Luther King Jr. said because of something that was written by a friend of a friend, who met MLR Jr. exactly once and waited until several decades passed to write about it in the first place. We can't really know how much of it, if any, that's in the Gospel was what Jesus really said, Even if the Gospel writers were eyewitnesses, why wait until several decades had passed, when many of the followers were likely dead, to write about what Jesus might of said? For that matter, why didn't Jesus himself write down anything?

There's a difference between reading something and seeing it for yourself, especially something that was written decades after the events happened.

I have to disagree with you there, all scripture is Spirit-breathed, I believe that verse is in 1 Timothy, and the Holy Spirit most certainly knows what Jesus said.

Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I have to disagree with you there, all scripture is Spirit-breathed, I believe that verse is in 1 Timothy, and the Holy Spirit most certainly knows what Jesus said.

Using only that verse's words to say t's all God-breathed is circular reasoning, saying that "I know the whole Bible is God-breathed because the Bible says it is." The entire New Testament wasn't even put together then, and it wasn't for several centuries after the events (nearly 400 AD if I recall), and there were several other books going around that might have been considered for the New Testament and God-breathed as well. If all Scripture was God-breathed, even after that statement was made, why did it take human councils, over three centuries after the events to determine what could go in the Bible? Wouldn't they have all had an equal revelation that led to the right consensus at the same time and solve that matter quickly, after maybe one meeting, rather than several centuries?

Upvote 0