Terrifying Quotes

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,964.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
The only way to follow this commandment is to be dead. What's more horrible than giving up your life for those who are currently murdering you? Yet, this is how Christ has loved us.

Jesus asks for everything, but it's nothing that he isn't willing to give himself. That's why there can be no lukewarmness. In or out.
in a way you do need to die .

but God does make a way . and as Jude said . he is able to keep us from falling . this is something we need to trust him on .

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
There is no fear of hell for those who love the Lord--Perfect love casts out fear--

1Jn 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

It is the fearful that end up in hell--of hand, I'd say you need an attitude adjustment!! It is love that saves, not fear.

Perhaps you should commit this to memory:

1Co 13:1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

1Co 13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

1Co 13:3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

1Co 13:4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

1Co 13:5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

1Co 13:6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

1Co 13:7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

1Co 13:8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

1Co 13:9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

1Co 13:10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

1Co 13:11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

1Co 13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

1Co 13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

Upvote 0

Sonicwhite

CrazyCatMan
Nov 27, 2009
✟15,835.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I once believed that fear and condemnation where a good motivator but I realize my folly that after two years of giving my life to the Lord I was struck with the most disabling fear of God that only made me want to lie in bed and await my punishment. Thru the refining fire I have been thru I now know Love is the answer. It is right to fear God but not to the point that a crushing fear is all you feel. I'm not really fancy when it comes to scripture but I can tell you that using fear a lot of the time backfires and causes a child of God to become discouraged. Just my 2 cents.

Upvote 0
J

Jesse2014

There is no fear of hell for those who love the Lord--Perfect love casts out fear--

1Jn 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

It is the fearful that end up in hell--of hand, I'd say you need an attitude adjustment!! It is love that saves, not fear.

1Co 13:1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

1Co 13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

1Co 13:3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

1Co 13:4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

1Co 13:5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

1Co 13:7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

1Co 13:8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

1Co 13:10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

1Co 13:11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

1Co 13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

1Co 13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

Well, then I am on my way to hell because I fear. But I am still going to call upon his mercy, still call upon his name, and still make an effort to obey him out of fear. And if I am going to hell, I will call on the name of the Lord all the way to the lake of fire.

Upvote 0

Sonicwhite

CrazyCatMan
Nov 27, 2009
✟15,835.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, then I am on my way to hell because I fear. But I am still going to call upon his mercy, still call upon his name, and still make an effort to obey him out of fear. And if I am going to hell, I will call on the name of the Lord all the way to the lake of fire.

Does this fear you speak of zap all your joy and peace. We as children always seem to forget that it is nothing that we did to make it to heaven. Sometimes God uses trials to make us stronger. If you fear God in a reverent way and not a phobic way than I say your alright in fearing the Lord and it's healthy. God is not hiding behind every corner ready to pound you with a rod. I learned this God love from what I suffered. We are the body of Christ one has their place here the other other. Some people don't believe that Catholics are saved but I am reminded to not judge someone else's heart and I believe a lot of Catholics are saved. Just because you fear mean that that destroys the perfect atonement of Christ. Your just going thru the meat process.

I for one want to become more loving to my neighbor. To give the shirt off my back for them. I struggle with selfishness daily and reminded always to love thy neighbor as thy self.

Upvote 0
J

Jesse2014

Does this fear you speak of zap all your joy and peace. We as children always seem to forget that it is nothing that we did to make it to heaven. Sometimes God uses trials to make us stronger. If you fear God in a reverent way and not a phobic way than I say your alright in fearing the Lord and it's healthy. God is not hiding behind every corner ready to pound you with a rod. I learned this God love from what I suffered. We are the body of Christ one has their place here the other other. Some people don't believe that Catholics are saved but I am reminded to not judge someone else's heart and I believe a lot of Catholics are saved. Just because you fear mean that that destroys the perfect atonement of Christ. Your just going thru the meat process.

I for one want to become more loving to my neighbor. To give the shirt off my back for them. I struggle with selfishness daily and reminded always to love thy neighbor as thy self.

I am sorry I can love my neighbor, but from a distance. Notice it says in 1 Corinthians 13 what love is. But it doesn't say that love is a feeling. I don't want to give the shirt off my back to my neighbor, but I will do it.

And anyways, isn't loving people helping them out when they are in need?

My heart is very angry.

This may freak you out, so I apologize, but I have gay desires. So I am filled with anger. I do not act on my desires, because I know God hates homosexuality, but I want to. So I am angry; but I am also scared. I do not want to burn for eternity. So I am unable to obey out of love. When I think of God, I think of His wrath.

I worship Him out of fear. I have had people tell me you can't worship someone you don't love. Worship is the acknowledgement of someones greatness. I acknowledge His authority, His worth, His power, and His Son, Jesus.

But my heart is still filled with rebellion and anger. And yes, I realize God knows my heart. So I am constantly praying every night and day for His forgiveness for my harden heart and anger, and the sexual perversion in my heart, and will continue to do so until the day I die. And hopefully I will make it into heaven; well I am more concern of not going to hell then going to heaven, and if I don't, oh well at least I tried. I don't have any control over how I feel.

Upvote 0
G

godenver1

Hi, Jesse.

Here is a good sermon (if I've chosen the correct one). It's goes for approximately 15 minutes.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ak71G3frwNU

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sonicwhite

CrazyCatMan
Nov 27, 2009
✟15,835.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am sorry I can love my neighbor, but from a distance. Notice it says in 1 Corinthians 13 what love is. But it doesn't say that love is a feeling. I don't want to give the shirt off my back to my neighbor, but I will do it.

And anyways, isn't loving people helping them out when they are in need?

My heart is very angry.

This may freak you out, so I apologize, but I have gay desires. So I am filled with anger. I do not act on my desires, because I know God hates homosexuality, but I want to. So I am angry; but I am also scared. I do not want to burn for eternity. So I am unable to obey out of love. When I think of God, I think of His wrath.

I worship Him out of fear. I have had people tell me you can't worship someone you don't love. Worship is the acknowledgement of someones greatness. I acknowledge His authority, His worth, His power, and His Son, Jesus.

But my heart is still filled with rebellion and anger. And yes, I realize God knows my heart. So I am constantly praying every night and day for His forgiveness for my harden heart and anger, and the sexual perversion in my heart, and will continue to do so until the day I die. And hopefully I will make it into heaven; well I am more concern of not going to hell then going to heaven, and if I don't, oh well at least I tried. I don't have any control over how I feel.

I see, Man, that must be tough.....Your going to heaven my brother.....Before God made you He knew you where going to be tested in such a way. I have gay friends that I try to minister to without judging.......Some say well I love God and I do His good works but I still lay with another man. Your right on the Quote. God demands the utmost from us.....I struggle with drug addiction and when I was in the grips of this fear that if I give in I'm going to hell. I thought it was a good motivator to help me stop but it was only walking a short distance and losing my breath from exhaustion........You are going to get a special reward in heaven for doing as God asks. I know it must be hard and I fall short the glory of God which to me looks like a huge gap but, I learned that God loves me and does not hate me. If you want to chat more abut it just shoot me a PM.

Upvote 0
J

Jesse2014

After doing a study on fear, the Bible does condone obeying God out of fear. But the highest is to obey out of love. In Revelations 21:8, it is not talking about people who obey out of fear, but it is talking about who disobey out of fear. For example, denying Christ for fear of what man thinks. To say Revelations 21:8 is talking about people who obey out of fear does not make sense to me. Jesus said do not fear man who can harm the body but fear God who can throw both soul and body into hell. I am fearful of God. I can not deny His Son because of fear. It's a good thing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums