Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
From the "Time will tell," files: Ted Cruz sees slow and steady path to 2016 presidential victory | The Hill

In the past week alone, he has stolen supporters from fellow Republican presidential candidate Rand Paul (Ky.), won the rousing support of evangelicals and had to be shut down by Senate leaders for trying to complicate efforts on a short-term funding extension with a protest vote against Planned Parenthood funding.

That reflects Cruz's efforts to try to emerge as the consensus anti-establishment candidate if and when the top three outsider candidates, and his biggest rivals, peter out.
"We don't want to break out. ... We are moving slow and steady."
The long-haul strategy isn’t novel; it’s what leading candidates do each cycle and a strategy employed by 2016’s well-funded establishment candidates like former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush and Florida Sen. Marco Rubio.

But Cruz has the money to do so from outside the establishment lane. He raised more hard money than any other candidate in the second quarter, and trailed only Bush in super-PAC money over the first six months.

Onearm

Oct 5, 2015
✟242.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
From the "Time will tell," files: Ted Cruz sees slow and steady path to 2016 presidential victory | The Hill

In the past week alone, he has stolen supporters from fellow Republican presidential candidate Rand Paul (Ky.), won the rousing support of evangelicals and had to be shut down by Senate leaders for trying to complicate efforts on a short-term funding extension with a protest vote against Planned Parenthood funding.

That reflects Cruz's efforts to try to emerge as the consensus anti-establishment candidate if and when the top three outsider candidates, and his biggest rivals, peter out.
"We don't want to break out. ... We are moving slow and steady."
The long-haul strategy isn’t novel; it’s what leading candidates do each cycle and a strategy employed by 2016’s well-funded establishment candidates like former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush and Florida Sen. Marco Rubio.

But Cruz has the money to do so from outside the establishment lane. He raised more hard money than any other candidate in the second quarter, and trailed only Bush in super-PAC money over the first six months.
I don't think it's about the number of Republicans votes he gets it's how good will he be at taking the 'I'm not sure' votes?

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Ted Cruz doesn't stand a chance. He will never become President. Now he needs to retreat and see if he can keep his Senate seat. He is disliked by almost everybody....
Yes, yes, we've heard it before ... along with Jeb Bush being the certain nominee ...

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
What's that?
The impossibility of Ted Cruz ever winning the Republican nomination. Of course, we heard that about Donald Trump as well.
Winking_smiley.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,601.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Ted Cruz doesn't stand a chance. He will never become President. Now he needs to retreat and see if he can keep his Senate seat. He is disliked by almost everybody....

Not so fast. He's a fighter and can stand his ground and win listener's over while doing so.

i was just watching the debates again and he's got my respect.

Reactions: NightHawkeye
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The impossibility of Ted Cruz ever winning the Republican nomination. Of course, we heard that about Donald Trump as well.
Winking_smiley.gif
I didn't say anything about "impossibility." Anything's possible, but my personal opinion simply is that it will not happen for Cruz. And I don't know why Trump is supposed to be part of that calculation.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,601.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I didn't say anything about "impossibility." Anything's possible, but my personal opinion simply is that it will not happen for Cruz. And I don't know why Trump is supposed to be part of that calculation.

Trump says what he thinks hahahaaa!

Gotta love it :D

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Ahh ... I think perhaps there was a little misunderstanding, Albion.

I was responding to JustOneWay's post which was just after yours ... which perhaps you don't see.

That said, I don't disagree with your post. I don't sense that winning the presidency is in the cards for Ted Cruz either ... as much as I would welcome his being the nominee.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,601.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Yeh. Mine too.

I still don't think he'll catch on sufficiently enough to win the nomination.

possibly not, or he may surprise everyone.

He's strong.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
possibly not, or he may surprise everyone.

He's strong.
Personally, I'd be happy if the next president simply named Ted Cruz as attorney general.

That's the shortest path to a return to constitutional government I see.
I never said it is impossible for Cruz to win the nomination.

NHE is again writing stuff that other posters never said.
In truth, you said he didn't "stand a chance".

But that's OK. He'd clean house as attorney general.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,550.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Personally, I'd be happy if the next president simply named Ted Cruz as attorney general.

That's the shortest path to a return to constitutional government I see.

In truth, you said he didn't "stand a chance".

But that's OK. He'd clean house as attorney general.

In truth, you took that out of context. What did I write that he would never stand a chance doing?

I would ask you for an apology in misreading my post, but it won't do any good.

Upvote 0