Private
Reactions: JustOneWay
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,550.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
In my days back in Calf I have known more than a few Latino politicians and I don't believe any of them were scummy like this.
Were they of the conservative bent?

I read this story earlier today, and it did not surprise me. There is something seriously wrong with a candidate when most of the people in his own party dislike him, and he actively uses less than honest tactics to achieve his goal of being President. Either this guy is completely ignorant to the type of campaign he is running, or he really is as bad as people in his own party say.

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
For a good Christian, Ted Cruz sure does play dirty. He's perfecting the art of deceiving would-be voters, whether by lying about Ben Carson dropping out of the race, or trying to threaten them into voting for him by implying not voting would get them in trouble with the law. His latest direct mailing, however, might be his scummiest—and scammiest—move yet.

Ted Cruz, the Nigerian prince of direct mail
That sucks. I hope that people don't fall for it. :( I remember many years ago, when we moved here in fact, I took out a trial subscription with Time magazine. When the trial ended, I did not take on the subscription, but started receiving "invoices" and only by looking closely could you see that they were in fact only valid if I wished to take out a paid subscription. Someone else who did not read small print might have sent a check. I emailed them a pretty disgusted email, and they apologized and said they would send them no more, but I wonder how many are conned by this kind of maneuver. I don't often say that things should be banned, but this kind of sleight of hand used by Cruz really should be banned.

Reactions: stamperben
Upvote 0

stamperben

It's an old family tradition
Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Were they of the conservative bent?

I read this story earlier today, and it did not surprise me. There is something seriously wrong with a candidate when most of the people in his own party dislike him, and he actively uses less than honest tactics to achieve his goal of being President. Either this guy is completely ignorant to the type of campaign he is running, or he really is as bad as people in his own party say.
No, they were of a like mind to myself.

He really IS as bad as those in his party, those who who know him best, say he is.

Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
CHECK ENCLOSED!

Sounds like matching funds. Contribute x amount to the Ted Cruz campaign and matching funds for the same amount are given to the campaign. This is bad in what alternate universe? :scratch:

You were expecting free money from a serious conservative candidate? Really?

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Nah! But a little class would be nice.
If it's the mailer I'm recalling ... it was classy.
Winking_smiley.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Even after she endorsed the Donald, Cruz reiterated the sentiment and expressed his gratitude for her prior support. :oldthumbsup:
Which reinforces the ick factor with Cruz.

Upvote 0