US-Others

Mayzoo

Jun 17, 2004
✟205,137.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Are you seriously trying to smear the man for something his parents did completely without any input from him? He was 4 years old. He did not "enter the US illegally." His parents may have illegally brought him here (if that is even the truth). Then his parents did not rectify the situation until he was 16. I seriously recommend you do NOT vote for his parents for this grievous error in judgement on their part. Now........they are not running, so what do you have to say about Ted Cruz himself, rather than his folks?

I am still not voting for the man, but my reasoning has nothing to do with what happened when he was passive participant, with no means of input, while he was at the ripe old age of 4.

Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Lawrence Sellin, Ph.D. a retired colonel with 29 years of experience in the US Army Reserve, argues that Senator Ted Cruz entered the United States illegally as a child in 1974. His parents failed to file a CRBA form which is required by US law. Ted’s parents did not fill out the required form until 1986.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/02/report-ted-cruz-entered-us-illegally-1974/
Much ado about nothing ...
Birth of U.S. Citizens Abroad | U.S Department of State

A Consular Report of Birth Abroad of a U.S. citizen is only issued to a child who acquired U.S. citizenship at birth and who is generally under the age of 18 at the time of the application.​

Even according to the critics here, Ted Cruz was well under 18 at the time of application.

Upvote 0

Tiny Bible

All Lives Matter. Pray BLM Learn That.
Jan 3, 2016
whyaskthat
✟19,244.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Lawrence Sellin, Ph.D. a retired colonel with 29 years of experience in the US Army Reserve, argues that Senator Ted Cruz entered the United States illegally as a child in 1974. His parents failed to file a CRBA form which is required by US law. Ted’s parents did not fill out the required form until 1986.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/02/report-ted-cruz-entered-us-illegally-1974/

I wonder what this will actually do to impact his run for office through official channels. RNC or whomever.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Since Senator Cruz was a US citizen I'm unclear why he needed to do anything at all. :scratch:
tulc(sounds like a paperwork glitch from here) :wave:
Oh Please. Many people would want to drag these people out anyways, if he was some one else.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You goofs. Just because I posted the article doesn't mean I accept it or endorse it. This forum is news and current events (see the top of your screen).
I get that but some people were all over the Obama being illegal. But not much over Cruz.

Upvote 0

Murby

Feb 4, 2016
USA
✟4,630.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
When Trump makes public statements about stupid things like the Cruz citizenship issue, its not because he believes it, its because he thinks you're (we're) stupid enough to believe it. This basic principle is true in almost all political attacks.

It another way of saying "I think I'm so rich because you're so freaking stupid, and now that I want something from you, I'm going to manipulate your stupidity to get you to do what I want"

Even if you agree with every single thing Trump says, and NOTHING his opponents say, a vote for Trump will be your way of declaring that you believe such behavior is honorable and acceptable. And once you get that ball rolling.., you basically shot yourself in the foot with the big gun you believed was going to protect you.

Reactions: NightHawkeye
Upvote 0

imind

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2005
✟30,062.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Jim Webb '16!

lol, i see what you did there...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
When Trump makes public statements about stupid things like the Cruz citizenship issue, its not because he believes it, its because he thinks you're (we're) stupid enough to believe it. This basic principle is true in almost all political attacks.

It another way of saying "I think I'm so rich because you're so freaking stupid, and now that I want something from you, I'm going to manipulate your stupidity to get you to do what I want"
Nicely stated. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

DLR

Dec 30, 2015
Iowa
✟8,967.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And atheist. The two go hand-in-hand.

I tried to go to Jeb's website today, (daughter told me I should). Yup, it was hacked, and took me straight to Trumps website. You know dirty Ted is behind this. Just to get poor Jeb in trouble. :)

Reactions: farout
Upvote 0