Los Angeles Area
✟828,914.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
"The Freedom From Religion Foundation has settled a lawsuit with Emanuel County School District in Swainsboro, Ga., after stopping teacher-led prayer and proselytization in its public schools.
The complaint alleged that teasing classmates and pressure to pray from teachers led Jamie to drop out of kindergarten, while teachers told Jesse, a first grader, to start praying and not to listen to Jesse's mother, whom one teacher described as a "bad person." "

I'm sure the school's legal team took a 15 second look at this and said 'we better settle, because we're not gonna win.' Teacher-led prayer and the teaching of creationism is illegal, but it still happens in little corners here and there, where the locals mostly turn a blind (or even an approving) eye to it.

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
"The Freedom From Religion Foundation has settled a lawsuit with Emanuel County School District in Swainsboro, Ga., after stopping teacher-led prayer and proselytization in its public schools.
The complaint alleged that teasing classmates and pressure to pray from teachers led Jamie to drop out of kindergarten, while teachers told Jesse, a first grader, to start praying and not to listen to Jesse's mother, whom one teacher described as a "bad person." "

I'm sure the school's legal team took a 15 second look at this and said 'we better settle, because we're not gonna win.' Teacher-led prayer and the teaching of creationism is illegal, but it still happens in little corners here and there, where the locals mostly turn a blind (or even an approving) eye to it.
How disgusting, that a teacher would do that to a child. She have been fired. And Christian wonders why people don't want to here about them anymore. Is it really hard for kids to pray before school. Or during school in silence.

Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0