xTx

Aug 10, 2010
✟11,241.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
:wave:I just wanted to say.. if a person were possessed, the devil would NEVER lead them to go to a Mass :) not ever... the devil hates the Mass. In fact, possessed people can't be around the Blessed Sacrament because it hurts.

God bless:hug:

Good point Monica. :thumbsup: It is just that I get the feeling that some people thinks that if we ask Mary to help us, and not go directly to Jesus, it is some form of possession. I was trying to proof them wrong. And, totally got it the wrong way round ^_^ Not attending masses is a form of possession :cool:

I did not feel any pressure at all to attend mass ...

In fact, I feel that powers of darkness kept me from attending Mass.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:wave:I just wanted to say.. if a person were possessed, the devil would NEVER lead them to go to a Mass :) not ever... the devil hates the Mass. In fact, possessed people can't be around the Blessed Sacrament because it hurts.

God bless:hug:

I hadn't looked at this portion other site for a bit, but felt like I should.

You might not be correct on this conclusion.

For example, there have been testimonies of a number of confessed witches that claim they have actually been told by the demons to go to services to try and mess them up. Apparently this may not be the most confortable thing for them to do, but at least the claims are there.

Also consider the Biblical accounts. John the Baptist called the Pharisess vipers and they were the ones running the temple grounds. Jesus went so far as to call them sons of the devil. And what about Judas? He was one of the twelve and partook in the passover bread that Jesus personally gave him. It was at that very time that Satan entered Judas. So Satan himself must have been present at the first passover to have been able to enter Judas at that time.

It seems like a nice conclusion to think that demons and Satan can't be at our services, but it might not be a Biblical conclusion. I can't think of a Scripture myself that seems to support the idea. And I can think of more that I just gave to that seems to suggest the opposite. I would even think that it could be to the advantage of demons to have you believe such a thing, just so that you wouldn't think of checking the spirits while at church.

The fox in sheeps clothing, was it to be found outside the church or inside?

Upvote 0

MoNiCa4316

Totus Tuus
Jun 28, 2007
✟34,687.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Hi,

well the witches have an evil motive, and the Pharisees didn't go there for the right reasons either.... what I meant is that the devil would never say to someone to go to church so they would learn to love God, repent of sin, etc. If the devil would say this to anyone, it would be for some other reason.

Concerning checking the spirits at church... I didn't mean that demons can't be present in church, - there have been many stories even in the lives of the Saints when they were tempted in ways during Mass. I think that checking spirits is important, especially if someone receives a message from God, or a vision, etc - we have to test that. But I meant something specific.. if a person is away from God, the devil would never tell them - "go to church, confess your sins, attend Mass and receive the Eucharist". This is like the devil encouraging someone to believe in Christ. Now the devil might tell someone to go to a church with incorrect doctrine...to mess them up....or he might lead them in an incorrect path that LOOKS like it's from God, but isn't.... he might even tell them to do something that appears to be holy but is not God's will. But I dont believe he would tell someone to confess their sins and receive the Eucharist, if they are properly disposed and if it's in the church that God wants them to. The devil CAN tell someone to receive the Eucharist when they're actually NOT properly disposed and this is very dangerous... that's why we shouldn't discern things on our own and cut ourselves off from the wisdom of the Church, which says we cant receive the Eucharist if we don't confess our sins.

I agree with you though..

God bless :)

Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

well the witches have an evil motive, and the Pharisees didn't go there for the right reasons either.... what I meant is that the devil would never say to someone to go to church so they would learn to love God, repent of sin, etc. If the devil would say this to anyone, it would be for some other reason.

Concerning checking the spirits at church... I didn't mean that demons can't be present in church, - there have been many stories even in the lives of the Saints when they were tempted in ways during Mass. I think that checking spirits is important, especially if someone receives a message from God, or a vision, etc - we have to test that. But I meant something specific.. if a person is away from God, the devil would never tell them - "go to church, confess your sins, attend Mass and receive the Eucharist". This is like the devil encouraging someone to believe in Christ. Now the devil might tell someone to go to a church with incorrect doctrine...to mess them up....or he might lead them in an incorrect path that LOOKS like it's from God, but isn't.... he might even tell them to do something that appears to be holy but is not God's will. But I dont believe he would tell someone to confess their sins and receive the Eucharist, if they are properly disposed and if it's in the church that God wants them to. The devil CAN tell someone to receive the Eucharist when they're actually NOT properly disposed and this is very dangerous... that's why we shouldn't discern things on our own and cut ourselves off from the wisdom of the Church, which says we cant receive the Eucharist if we don't confess our sins.

I agree with you though..

God bless :)

Yeah, the demons certainly can't tell someone to confess their sin, because the demons can't confess their own. Thanks for the clarification. It seemed important to make for all those that might read the thread. :clap:

Upvote 0