✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hello friends..:wave:
Today I was thinking about saints I know,and have met,over the years..

And with regard to their walk in the Lord,I totally realize and respect that everyone reads scripture differently,and we all have different views..:)

Seems like there are the “all I have to do “ saints..

Then there are the “all He has to do” saints.

There are scriptures to indicate both views,it is fair to say..
I come from the “all he does” camp,because I have come to see,it is by grace,and grace alone.

As far as bearing fruit..I cant do much,but abide,which I want to do anyway,after all,why would I not?:scratch:

John 15:5
"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

Sorry to say this,:sorry:but often I hear saints sound like they are always running scared..always thinking they are keeping themselves..
So then it makes me think of this.
Who keeps us strong,and notice it is until the great day of the Lord..?

He does!:clap:

1 Corinthians 1:8
He will keep you strong to the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Also in Jude..there are 2 more similar verses..

When we see that He is keeping us,and we stand in grace,meaning His power,not mine,that brings rest.

This is the true grace of God. Stand firm in it! 1 Peter 5:12

Then I hear a lot of folks somehow think they are sanctifying themselves,which on a reflex,makes me think ,…How the heck can a mere man,do the work of the spirit..:confused:

1 Peter 1:2
who have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through the sanctifying work of the Spirit, for obedience to Jesus Christ and sprinkling by his blood: Grace and peace be yours in abundance.
2 Thessalonians 2:13
But we ought always to thank God for you, brothers loved by the Lord, because from the beginning God chose you to be saved through the sanctifying work of the Spirit and through belief in the truth.

Seems like the Lord does that too..:)

John 17:17
Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth.

In fact,Jesus prayed for us..that the love would be made known ,in other words,by his impartation.
We can rest in the prayers of Jesus..

John17:26
I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them."

A lot of times,folks quote ½ of this verse,to say..
I have to work it out!:doh:
But they forget the second half,which shows who is at working us..;)

Philippians 2:12-13
Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, 13 for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose.

To me,it is God who is faithful,and it is good to trust His faithfulness,not my effort because when I am weak,I am strong!:thumbsup:

1 Thessalonians 5:24
Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass.

There is a rest for the people of God..:bow:

Isaiah 28:12
to whom he said, "This is the resting place, let the weary rest"; and, "This is the place of repose"— but they would not listen.
Also this..
Psalm 46:10
"Cease striving and know that I am God;I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

We all want to be strong,but to be strong in grace is the answer..

Be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. 2 Tim 2:1

And we should trust in His power..:pray:
After all,what power do we have,save His?

Ephesians 1:19
and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of his mighty strength,

Then there are those who are always seeming to be struggling with there old man..:o

But because that would take up to much space,I will close with this..:preach:

The more one tries to do what Christ already did on the cross,and try to fight sin through a natural means of human effort,you will only be back under law,not grace..

Sin shall not be master over you, for you are not under law, but under grace. Rom 6:14

Maybe it is just me,and maybe it depends on what shade of glasses one reads the scriptures through,but unlike in my youth..
I can now say I read them through the crystal clear grace glasses!:cool:

What are your views?…

mrhappy3

May 9, 2006
LONDON
✟8,314.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I have thrown the towell in mate !

I know I can't do it anymore.....I have been in the place whereby I feel I have it all together and then I just crash.

I'm resting in his prescence again, like the time I was when I first got saved, until man and his OPINIONS got hold of me.

Its GRACE or nothing now, I'm far happier in this walk.

No pressure to perform....no backflips or moonwalks...I'll leave that to others....if they are happy doing it, more power to them, but its not for me.

Thank God I know this now and can pass it on.

(breathes out deeply);)

Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have thrown the towell in mate !

I know I can't do it anymore.....I have been in the place whereby I feel I have it all together and then I just crash.

I'm resting in his prescence again, like the time I was when I first got saved, until man and his OPINIONS got hold of me.

Its GRACE or nothing now, I'm far happier in this walk.

No pressure to perform....no backflips or moonwalks...I'll leave that to others....if they are happy doing it, more power to them, but its not for me.

Thank God I know this now and can pass it on.

(breathes out deeply);)

Yes!
I was so happy for you whaen I read your post!:clap:

Isn't it amazing!?

That glorious weakness,gives birth to grace!:clap:

Like I said,on your other thread,grace is spreading.
Have you read John O's testimonies here?
He got touched by the fire of grace.

I know what you mean about the crash.It is good to have the final crash..:)

Paul Crashed in Romans 7..he realized he could not do it either,but thank God for Romans 8.:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

SUNSTONE

Christian Warrior
Sep 2, 2002
Cocoa Village
Visit site
✟18,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I'm not from the "all I can do" camp.
I'm from the "We are a team camp, God does His part, we have our part.", not the "He does everything camp."

People misunderstand the "I am the vine, you are the branch" parable because they think that the Christian walk is like living as a plant, you sit around doing nothing. :D

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.