Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Tainted Puerto Rican pills hit U.S. mainland

Investigation finds myriad lapses at plants that make 13 best-selling meds

SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - The first warning sign came when a sharp-eyed worker sorting pills noticed that the odd blue flecks dotting the finished drug capsules matched the paint on the factory doors.

But the factory owner, Canadian drug maker Biovail Corp., never tried to find out whether past shipments of the drug were contaminated — or prevent future contamination, according to U.S. regulators.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23015123/

This is disturbing, but can happen anywhere. Just a reminder that we can't take anything for granted.

JGL53

Senior Veteran
Dec 25, 2005
Mississippi
✟14,276.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well, luckily, I don't have to take any prescription medications. If I did, I would rather take a chance on Canadian-produced pills than Puerto Rican, but apparently the Republicans and their favorite PHARMA lobbyists think that that would be a bad idea. Something to do with less profits, I believe.

BTW, the latest scandal regarding Chinese imports - it seems a shipment of lead from China to the U.S. has been recalled by China. It was found to be contaminated with children's toys.

Upvote 0

BlackAndy

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.
Dec 5, 2006
Hilliard, Ohio, USA
✟25,599.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Well, luckily, I don't have to take any prescription medications. If I did, I would rather take a chance on Canadian-produced pills than Puerto Rican, but apparently the Republicans and their favorite PHARMA lobbyists think that that would be a bad idea. Something to do with less profits, I believe.

BTW, the latest scandal regarding Chinese imports - it seems a shipment of lead from China to the U.S. has been recalled by China. It was found to be contaminated with children's toys.
blame_bush.jpg

Upvote 0

HannahBanana

Dec 11, 2006
Concord, MA
✟12,558.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I love how BlackAndy immediately stopped responding to this thread once you posted that link. Really says a lot about him.

BTW, in response to this ad, which was on the site that you linked to:

imgad

I sure as heck hope so! That woman scares me like nothing else!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HannahBanana

Dec 11, 2006
Concord, MA
✟12,558.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It doesn't matter. It's Bush Jr.'s fault.
Do you mean "it's not Bush Jr.'s fault"? Or are you meaning to contradict the fact that you just implied that it wasn't his fault in your previous post?

Upvote 0