PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Complexity is just one of the many elements of design. I'm not basing design on complexity alone.
Irrelevant how many other criteria you use, I am not asking about them. Unless you can demonstrate that these other criteria fix all the issues of using complexity as a criteria, and that you never end up excluding simple created things when using these criteria together, those other criteria do not save that criteria from being flawed. Would your criteria prevent you from mislabelling a simple thing which is created?

Upvote 0

justlookinla

Mar 31, 2014
✟20,665.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Irrelevant how many other criteria you use, I am not asking about them. Unless you can demonstrate that these other criteria fix all the issues of using complexity as a criteria, and that you never end up excluding simple created things when using these criteria together, those other criteria do not save that criteria from being flawed. Would your criteria prevent you from mislabelling a simple thing which is created?

The criteria indicates that tactile sensory units are designed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
The criteria indicates that tactile sensory units are designed.
You didn't answer my question, because you claim tactile sensory units to be complex. But most created things aren't, so you need to demonstrate that either you have a different process for evaluating simple items for design, or that your current one can apply for all designed things. Otherwise, you have to drop complexity from your criteria, because it is inevitably going to either exclude simple designed things, incorrectly include complex nondesigned things, or both.

Upvote 0

justlookinla

Mar 31, 2014
✟20,665.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You didn't answer my question, because you claim tactile sensory units to be complex. But most created things aren't, so you need to demonstrate that either you have a different process for evaluating simple items for design, or that your current one can apply for all designed things. Otherwise, you have to drop complexity from your criteria, because it is inevitably going to either exclude simple designed things, incorrectly include complex nondesigned things, or both.

Tactile sensory units aren't only complex, as I've pointed out many times.

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Tactile sensory units aren't only complex, as I've pointed out many times.
Then you chose to demonstrate that the other criteria make up for any flaws in the complexity one. Commence demonstration, then, preferably with both tactile sensory units and with something simple, such as an arrowhead.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

justlookinla

Mar 31, 2014
✟20,665.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Then you chose to demonstrate that the other criteria make up for any flaws in the complexity one. Commence demonstration, then, preferably with both tactile sensory units and with something simple, such as an arrowhead.

The topic of the tread is tactile sensory units.

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
The topic of the tread is tactile sensory units.
And in order to assess flaws in your reasoning, you have to demonstrate that you haven't just tailored it to tactile sensory units and that it won't spread misinformation if applied to other things. In order to demonstrate that it "working" with tactile sensory units isn't dumb luck.

Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Observation is evidence.

Well, since I observe a coccyx in every human skeleton, evolution is demonstrated.

Since I observe vestiges of hip bones or leg bones in whale skeletons, evolution is demonstrated.

Since I observe vestigial wings as halters on certain mosquitoes, evolution is demonstrated.

Since others have observed and accurately described a recurrent laryngeal nerve going down to the heart and back up to the larynx instead of going straight, design is refuted and evolution is demonstrated

Since others have observed recurring patterns in a nested hierarchy, evolution is demonstrated.

Since we have observed vestigial ear wiggling muscles in human ears that work best when stationary, evolution is demonstrated.

Since we have observed fossils of extinct organisms that fit into the nested hierarchy of life, evolution is demonstrated.

Since we have discovered transitional fossils found in predicted locations based on evolutionary considerations, evolution is demonstrated.

Since we have observed matching retroviral insert patterns in related species, evolution is demonstrated.

This list is incomplete.

Upvote 0