Jun 22, 2004
✟24,137.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/baseball/more/07/28/coach.player.ap/index.html?cnn=yes

Standing so he could be seen from the witness stand, a youth baseball player calmly told a courtroom how he beaned a mentally disabled teammate with a ball during warm-ups to knock the boy out of the game.
Eight-year-old Keith Reese said that he hit teammate Harry Bowers because his coach offered him $25 to do so.

I know it sounds un-Christian, but I'd like to kick that coaches butt. And of course, the coach welched on paying the $25 too.

MichaelFJF

Nov 13, 2002
Utah
✟12,597.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
HumbleMan said:
When I first read about this, I was sick. The whole purpose of children's sports are for building teamwork and fellowship.

Oh I think you're very mistaken. The whole point of children's sports is to provide a vehicle through which failed athletes can get a "do over" and succeed in something. At least half the coaches I've been involved with would rather duct tape a marginal player and stick him in the trunk than lose a game. Most of them were cut in HS or JVs at best. Children's sports are only there to let these guys reclaim their egos.

Upvote 0

Quantos

Sock ? What Sock
Mar 6, 2005
Earth for now
✟33,990.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hope*In*Christ said:
Somebody could offfer me a $1,000,000 and I still wouldn't do something like that. That is just mean.:sigh:

Well now it depends,

Are we offering 1Million to hit the Kid (No way I'd do that) or 1 Million to take out the "coach"......

Upvote 0

rahma

FUNdamentalist
Jan 15, 2004
between a frozen wastelan and a wast desert
Visit site
✟16,435.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
*shudders* I'm not looking forward to the day my (future) children want to play organized sports. I don't ever remember it being this cut throat. But then again, I was satisfied to play outfield, where I could stare at the sky for most of the game.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
I

I'ddie4him

Upvote 0

CarrieAg93

Senior Veteran
Oct 18, 2004
Texas
✟19,397.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My son is getting to the age where he can start playing sports. I just pray he gets good coaches. DH was not athletic and when he was on little league his coach told him to say he was sick so that he didn't have to play. The worst part of it to me was that DH's parents knew about it and did nothing. I'd be all over that coach.

Upvote 0