Niemand3D

Sep 19, 2005
MS Gulf Coast
✟7,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
By no means am I suggesting that we cross their border. Syria being Iraq's ally in past, certainly has no appeal for the U.S. military being so close to their border. However, providing the necessary umbrella for continued terrorist acts appear to be quite active there.

There is also a big report coming to the U.N. Security Council Friday on Syria's bad behavior. It's evidently so damning it may even force the Security Council to take some action, if you can imagine that.

And then the big news Wednesday that Syria made a big financier of the Iraqi insurgency leave the country. That fellow, it turns out, is a nephew of Saddam Hussein and he had to go back to Iraq, where he was promptly arrested.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,172945,00.html <- for the whole article.

What are your opinions?

Douger

Veteran
Oct 2, 2004
✟165,821.00
Faith
Christian
Our ground troops may be busy in Iraq but our Air Force has some time on its hands and our Navy — with those nice, shiny new cruise missiles. They could be available too. Glad to hear Mr. Assad has snapped to attention. I hear there are a lot of nice Syrian people and we wouldn't want to see any of them getting hurt by accident.
Sickening.

And America wonders why so many people are afraid of and hate it?

Upvote 0

Douger

Veteran
Oct 2, 2004
✟165,821.00
Faith
Christian
This certainly isn't the notion or suggestion of the majority population... just the reporter.
Yes but such threats often turn out to be genuine, and that's what has people scared.
Even the slightest chance of such a thing coming true is frightening, just like how in America public areas are shutdown because of some message posted on some website or some phone call from an anonymous caller.

Upvote 0

Rebirth In Flames

Jul 5, 2004
✟8,902.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
I got to feel empathetic towards other countries on this one... if I were a citizen in a different country and I read that article and assumed that that was how our government thought as well, I'd wish America's destruction too! We sound like bored bullies because that's what we are! We don't dominate because we're loved, we dominate because we're feared.

Upvote 0