Syria: Broken Nation

Jan 25, 2013
✟58,540.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
As mentioned in my Idlib Liberated thread, the battle to liberate Aleppo has begun:

Yesterday a Russian helicopter was downed by the rebels which is good news for the civilians because that is a machine of destruction. All 5 people onboard were killed. Russia claimed that it was on a humanitarian mission delivering food and medical supplies. lol! Some in the western media forwarded that claim as if Russia is there to help the civilians instead of crush them and their will:

"Christopher Harmer, a military analyst at the Washington, D.C.-based Institute for the Study of War, told The Daily Beast, “To a far greater extent than the United States, Russian transport helicopters are designed for dual use in an attack role. The Mi-8 was originally designed as medium-lift utility transport but the Russians use it extensively as an attack helicopter. This particular model may have been selected so that they could portray the mission as humanitarian in nature, but the overwhelming majority of Russian rotary-wing operations in Syria are attack missions.”

Regardless of whether the Russian claim that the helicopter was returning from a humanitarian mission is true, the fact that it was carrying rocket pods meant that it would have been perceived as a real threat from the ground, making it a legitimate target."

Why Did Russia Send ‘The Terminator’ on a Humanitarian Mission in Syria?

Western media (based on Russian lies) report that helicopter downed today carried food to Aleppo. You be the judge

Perhaps in revenge, the regime/allies dropped chemical weapons near that site soon after:

"A neutral Syrian civilian rescue force said barrels of toxic gas were dropped overnight on a rebel-held town close to where a Russian military helicopter was shot down Monday."

Report: Toxic Gas Dropped on Syrian Town

Upvote 0

MennoSota

Sola Gratia
Dec 11, 2015
US
✟22,574.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
The rebels will target citizens when/if they gain power. The actors may change, but the plot stays the same as long as Islam dominates the culture.
You are free to be sympathetic to one side of the war, but don't imagine that either side is morally justified in their actions.

Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,540.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
"Qusai Abtini, the 14-year-old boy who played the husband, was killed when a missile struck the car he was in as he tried to escape Aleppo. Fresh-faced with a toothy grin and thick black hair, Abtini had become a local celebrity."

"In a video of the symbolic funeral a few days later, his father in his wheelchair watches the marchers go by, holding a placard reading, "Qusai, Abu Abdu the Aleppan. You are a little hero. You scared the regime with your giant acts so they killed you.""

Syrian child actor who rose to fame killed in city of Aleppo

_90584970_79f9db51-295e-45f6-82ab-5b2cadef7a53.jpg

"It has emerged that he died last month when a missile struck the car he was travelling in as he tried to flee the city."

"During recent bombing, Qusai's home was hit and his father was wounded and physically disabled, prompting a decision to send his children out of the city."

Syrian child TV star Qusai Abtini killed trying to flee fighting

A video (he first appears around 4:20):

Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,540.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
"Imagine Guernica. On April 26, 1937, during the Spanish Civil War, the Basque town was bombed for three hours by Hitler’s Luftwaffe in support of Francisco Franco’s fascist regime, leaving over 1,600 people dead. Picasso immortalized the episode in a celebrated painting, Neruda wrote poems about it, and it became an enduring metaphor for people’s suffering in war.

Now imagine a different response to Guernica. Imagine people applauding the bombings, reproaching the victims, and slandering the witnesses. If you can imagine that, then you know Aleppo."

Aleppo is our Guernica — and some are cheering on the Luftwaffe

How come, two decades after we promised "never again", we allow a new Srebrenica every six months in #Aleppo?

Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,540.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
.@UNOCHA gave $751K to Assad wife's charity for water project in govern't-controlled Aleppo. http://bit.ly/2aXJRGD

"New data released by the UN reveals that it spent over $7 million at two hotels in Damascus last year"

96% of the food aid by the UN given inside Syria has been given to government-controlled areas. 96%!!!! It gets even worse:

"Over a million people in Syria are living under siege, cut off from food, water, medicine and electricity.25The government is involved in besieging 99% of people under siege.26Every one of the hundreds of cases of starvation that have occurred in Syria has been in an area under siege by the government forces or its allies.27

In other words, 1% of the people under a "siege" have been given 96% of UN food aid. And this 1% is not even under siege as others are. They have access to air drops by the regime and they have access to YPG-controlled areas (and the YPG is often a friend of the regime).

Lesson being: do not donate to the UN for the Syrian cause.

NEW:#TakingSides a report into how the UN lost sight of its humanitarian principles in Syria http://takingsides.thesyriacampaign.org

"By choosing to prioritise cooperation with the Syrian government at all costs, the UN has enabled the distribution of billions of dollars of international aid to be directed by one side in the conflict. This has contributed to the deaths of thousands of civilians, either through starvation, malnutrition-related illness, or a lack of access to medical aid. It has also led to the accusation that this misshapen UN aid operation is affecting – perhaps prolonging – the course of the conflict itself."

Truly the believers largely have no one except for God and each other. Many who say they're supposedly committed to human rights and "never again" promises have shown they are committed to neither. My comfort is Allaah, His justice, and the Day of Judgement.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,540.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
...continued

‘The evidence against #Assad is overwhelmingly more significant than from any former conflict.'

‘It’s unthinkable than any official could think #Putin govt is playing a constructive role in Syria'

"Unfortunately, Mr. Putin has no reason to respect such warnings from Mr. Kerry. Time and again, the secretary has declared that Russia must deliver or suffer consequences, such as a U.S. “Plan B” for Syria. Each time, Moscow has disregarded the jawboning — and Mr. Kerry has responded not with consequences but with new appeals for cooperation and more U.S. concessions. On Monday, he said, “We will see in the course of the next hours, few days, whether or not that dynamic” with Russia “can be changed.” But then, he spoke nearly the same words six months ago."

Stop trusting Putin on Syria

And for the laughs (regime media):
"Syrian rebel commander" in #Aleppo calls on rebels to surrender, praises #Assad and the #SAA ... PURE COMEDY!
(somehow the rebels came out masked and with their weapons, surrendering so easily after resisting for 5 full years without a mark on their clothes)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MennoSota

Sola Gratia
Dec 11, 2015
US
✟22,574.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
All these posts continue to show the utter despair of Islam. Better if you do like the 1 million Iranians who have bowed the knee to Yeshua, Jesus, God the Son. One day Syria will be reconciled with the Almighty. It will start with repentance and rejection of Islam.

Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,540.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
^Sunnis don't consider Alawites to be Muslims. Furthermore, people like to claim that the regime is supposedly secular (which somehow makes it more acceptable and legitimate to some).

As mentioned in my Idlib Liberated thread, the battle to liberate Aleppo has begun:
The one taking the picture/selfie was killed:
The journalist Ahmad Hallaq (Abu Bara) has martyred while reporting fighting in #Aleppo

This was Ahmed Abu Al Bara who was the martyred media activist. Here he is reporting as Rebels took the Hikma School

Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,540.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
“Honestly, I would have never ever even thought about working with the Russians after their horrific atrocities against us and their slaughtering thousands of my own people,” Sejry said. “But this change of mindset I blame on the Americans.”

Russia Is Trying to Poach U.S.-Trained Rebels With ‘Unlimited’ Weapons in Syria

what the heck? He'd betray his people for unlimited weapons to use against who? Just the rebels and ISIS while ignoring Assad? I don't know why he'd think the US would care about that given that that's precisely what it wanted. What a miserable exchange if he takes the deal. The US has been bad in Syria and has not fulfilled its obligations but that is no reason to abandon your principles and ally with Russia. Disappointing. And I hope that the bit about Turkey is not true otherwise that would be another country to add to the long list of those against the community targeted in a genocide.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,540.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
This article made me cry:

"If Aleppo were a person, this would be the point where we would pray for a swift end to their suffering. But Aleppo isn’t only one person, it’s a besieged town of 300,000, a disgrace to the conscience of the civilized world. Doctors are working in conditions resembling a slaughterhouse more than a hospital, but still saving lives. Children are burning tires to cloud the skies with smoke and obstruct the vision of Putin’s relentless jets and their soulless pilots. While they — eight-year-old kids — stand up to Putin’s air force and their crimes against humanity, the Western world — once again — has done nothing."

".....Instead, we have collectively failed to prevent the next Rwanda, the next Srebrenica, and I know in my heart that we will all be ashamed of ourselves a few years from now.

I have lost all hope that anyone will come to Aleppo’s rescue. The messages I receive from people in the besieged city break my heart. They’re hopeless, disillusioned notes of goodbye. All I can answer them at this point is that I’m sorry. ‎And farewell."

A farewell to Aleppo

Upvote 0