Surah 4:89-90.

elanor said:
I don't say the Pledge of Allegiance because to me it's swearing loyalty to a country when my allegiance is to God. Perhaps I should join the ranks of those who cannot be loyal Americans because of my faith.

I assume that being as how you are unable to swear allegiance to this Nation that you also live a Pietistic life- not voting, not sitting on juries, not seeking employment from the State and so on??????

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
mikefromwichita said:
I assume that being as how you are unable to swear allegiance to this Nation that you also live a Pietistic life- not voting, not sitting on juries, not seeking employment from the State and so on??????
So now not only are Muslims not welcome but if you can't say the pledge (which a case for Christians not doing can be based on Scripture) you shouldn't vote, be on juries etc. Gee mike your idea of what is a nation sounds.....well pretty controled and controling. Which makes sense in a way. When we let one person or one belief system make all the rules things have a tendency to get ugly. Fortunately it isn't up to you or me who is or isn't a citizen of this or any other country. ;)
tulc

Upvote 0
tulc said:
So now not only are Muslims not welcome but if you can't say the pledge (which a case for Christians not doing can be based on Scripture) you shouldn't vote, be on juries etc...................tulc

Absolutely correct. If one is unable to display the miinimal loyalty to a republic of swearing allegiance that person would appear to be less than desireable Citizen material and should be firmly encouraged to live quietly without intruding upon the affairs of Government.

Upvote 0

ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟255,029.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
mikefromwichita said:
Well since you know Wichita soooooo well, you are probably aware of the CHEERING by muslims students at WSU and in numerous local work places that accompanied the fall of the Towers on 9/11 and you are probably also aware that the local muslim leaders refuse to condemn without qualification the actions of Al-Qaeda and other islamoterrorists. You are also aware that these same leaders are demanding accomodations to their religion in the Government Schools that would be denied out of hand to Christians.

BTW muslim owned businesses in this city are few and far between.

Point me to some articles that state any of what you're suggesting. All of the Muslim people I know weren't cheering when 9/11 happened.

And BTW, I know plenty of Muslim-owned businesses and none of them support terrorism.

Upvote 0

ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟255,029.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
mikefromwichita said:
Absolutely correct. If one is unable to display the miinimal loyalty to a republic of swearing allegiance that person would appear to be less than desireable Citizen material and should be firmly encouraged to live quietly without intruding upon the affairs of Government.

You know Mike, maybe you should run for city council on that platform. Think you'd win?

Upvote 0

elanor

Reunite Gondwanaland!
Nov 9, 2003
Left Coast
Visit site
✟16,184.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
mikefromwichita said:
Well, Mike, I think I display more than minimal loyalty to my country. I vote, I campaign sometimes for issues and candidates, I've served on juries, I'm an active community service volunteer, I've worked in a government office for 3-1/2 years, and I've served in the past as a volunteer with law enforcement. I'm a staunch believer in serving God by serving my neighbors, and one of the ways I believe He has called me to work that out is by being a good citizen.

But just as rahma says her nation is Islam, I must say that I am first and foremost a member of another Kingdom, and my first allegiance is to the Lord of that Kingdom. I don't see that this prevents either of us from being a good citizen in country where we live. Quite the contrary. If living according to our respective faiths makes each of us a person of conscience and integrity, dedicated to helping our neighbors, doesn't that make us better citizens?

Upvote 0

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Ikaria said:
Well, I certainly hope not but your posting history does lead me to that kind of conclusion.

Eh? :scratch:

She answers people politely no matter what they say, so this is no indication that she didn't take offence.

My hat, if I had one on goes off to Rahma, she does answer with dignity and grace!!!

Upvote 0

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
mikefromwichita said:
.............and to you have a point here beyond objecting to the non-PC truth that islam is a dangerous system of believe that the People of the West would be very wise to suppress to the greatest extent possible?

We (Christians who realize that one terrorist does not all Muslims make) apologize for such outrageous thinking.

Upvote 0

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
tulc said:
Thought of two quotes:

When the rights of even one human being are held in contempt the rights of
all are in danger. We cannot destroy the liberties of others without losing our own.
-Robert Green Ingersoll

tulc(quotehound!)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
mikefromwichita said:
BTW muslim owned businesses in this city are few and far between.

If all of Wichita even remotley thinks like you do, no wonder. Count me out as a resident for sure!!

How does one grow to become so completely intolerant of fellow HUMAN BEINGS? I have read your posts on various threads and it appears your beliefs are intolerant of everything excpet your views which of course are right on target :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
tulc said:
So now not only are Muslims not welcome but if you can't say the pledge (which a case for Christians not doing can be based on Scripture) you shouldn't vote, be on juries etc. Gee mike your idea of what is a nation sounds.....well pretty controled and controling.

Sounds like :eek: Nazi Germany :eek: to me.

Upvote 0

Science Girl

Mar 27, 2004
✟163.00
Faith
Christian
As George Bush said, Islam is a peaceful religion. Yes, all Muslims will go to Hell for rejecting Christ as the Son of God, but the official Islamic policies, as dictated in the Koran, is one of peace: it says, if people leave you in peace, you should leave them in peace. Terrorism is not supported in the koran, but are rather cultural aspects of third world Islamic nations.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
ToddNotTodd said:
Point me to some articles that state any of what you're suggesting. All of the Muslim people I know weren't cheering when 9/11 happened.

Well shucks, the Wichita Eagle being the PC Pub that it is did not go into great detail as to exactly WHY a number of ME students at WSU got pummeled by their American classmates on 9/11 and following........BUT THEN the Eagle never bothered to point out the racial motivations of the Carr brothers in their rape/torture/murder spree either. You would have to go to a place like FrontPage or Jared Taylor's site for that info and dang those just aren't PC approved sites.

I know what I saw, I know what my eldest daughter saw and I know what numerous friends and co-workers saw- public glee on the part of numerous muslims at the attacks directed at my Country and no attempt on the part of the residual of that 'nation' to condemn the vile hate displayed by people who at best are guests ONLY in this Country.

[/QUOTE]
And BTW, I know plenty of Muslim-owned businesses and none of them support terrorism.[/QUOTE]

Yawn, but are they willing to condemn WITHOUT reservation the whole theolgy of jihad??????? If not they are blowing smoke and you are being taken in.

Upvote 0

UberLutheran

Feb 2, 2004
✟20,440.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
mikefromwichita said:
The bottom line is that no matter how this offends your PC sensibilities islam is a threat to the rest of the world in exact proportion to the strength it can muster. For 1000 years the west was under constant islamic attack until we developed the overwhelming technological and economic strength to keep them suppressed. Your wish to dismantle that quarantine places us all at risk.

"For 1000 years the west (sic) was under constant islamic (sic) attack until we developed the overwhelming technological and economic strength to keep them suppressed." Puh-LEEEEZ. What other things can you quote from PNAC propaganda?

Upvote 0
mhatten said:
If all of Wichita even remotley thinks like you do, no wonder. Count me out as a resident for sure!!

How does one grow to become so completely intolerant of fellow HUMAN BEINGS? I have read your posts on various threads and it appears your beliefs are intolerant of everything excpet your views which of course are right on target :rolleyes:

Yep I am somewhat a sterotype of Kansas, just as you are of NJ. Neither of us would be happy in the others neighborhood.

As to how i got to be sooooooo intolerant- why from reading the Presbyterian Layman of course. There is nothing like exposure to cold hard truth to force a person to choose either to walk in the Light of what is Real or to pull the covers back over one's head and hope that pretending that the bad people are NOT real will somehow make them go away.

Study some History and observe how islam has beaved over the Centuries when it is able to get its hands on the levers of Power- the norm is the Taliban and the Al-Sauds not sweet little rahma on this board or some neighbor you drink coffee with who would be stoned to death for apostasy were she to show her face in a land where islam is free to fly its true colours.

Reactions: Arturis
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yawn, but are they willing to condemn WITHOUT reservation the whole theolgy of jihad???????
ever been here? Maybe they understand jihad has more then one meaning, and are unwilling to throw out the good with the bad?
http://www.cqpress.com/context/articles/epr_jihad.html
tulc(who wont condemn anything without reservation...except decaf coffee, that stuff is just...wrong!)

Upvote 0