✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Sukkot by International Christian Embassy

I know that not every Gentile believer does anything regarding Sukkot but there are some who do. So for those who do (and any Jewish believers as well...this is a Fellowship thread), I would love it if anyone who builds one would share any pictures of your sukkah and tell us about how you and your family/friends celebrated Sukkot. :clap: I have not been able to build a sukkah yet but would love to someday. I do have a friend who she and her sons build one and have dinner in it. The Charismatic Christian church I attend will be spending the week camping out on the church property. I'll post pictures as I can. I love sukkot.

Last edited:

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
A pic of the sukkah my friend and her sons built a couple of years ago.

Attachments

• Sukkah.jpg
    Sukkah.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Reactions: psalms 91
Upvote 0

jiminpa

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟283,713.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The Charismatic Christian church I attend will be spending the week camping out on the church property. I'll post pictures as I can. I love sukkot.
That's great! Sukkot as a community celebration is great! The true celebration of the coming of Immanuel.

Upvote 0

murjahel

Senior Veteran
Oct 31, 2005
✟29,367.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I never built one either... I love the feast teachings, that show us so much of what God had planned and was foretelling long before they began to be fulfilled... I have built tabernacles, all the furniture in it, so many times that I have lost count... the current one I have is about ten foot by 5 foot when all put together... and I love the typology it teaches ...

the new covenant was not a one day start... it was foretold even in the garden of Eden that God had a plan... and He continued to give beautiful typology all through the Old Testament.

the feast of tabernacles has so many beautiful truths....

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Why have you not been able?
Because I live in an apartment. I probably could figure out a way on my back door area but I've also not had the funds, and I live alone and I'm not as young as I use to be. ;) 20 years ago, I'd be out there building away, but now, not so much. When I am able I'll probably let someone else build it and I'll decorate. :D

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Hassidic Jews build them on their fire escapes.
That's cool :) Here's a pic of some on the side of an apartment building:

Attachments

• sukkah on side of building.jpg
    sukkah on side of building.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 41
Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Has anyone seen this movie? It's in Hebrew with English subtitles. I love this movie. Good moral story and it's set during Sukkot. Funny too. :) It's called Ushpizin which means Welcoming Guests.
Ushpizin

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
the congregation I attend is celebrating the feasts of tabernacles this Sunday ..
iv never been with them for it before and we have guest speakers ..I really don't know what to expect .except I highly doubt they will do much to the letter ,,so to speak haha , but then they are not doing it for any reason other then a time to both remember and celebrate the lord Jesus .
should be fun .-should be Joyous :)
I think they are continuing meeting each evening through the week .
-and obviously not adhering to it in any strict sense at all .. (but for me -it beats midnite mass for summer solstice better known in modern speak as xmas )
I should ask my Dad more about it .. he is far more knowledgeable on it then most I know personally .

any reason though ..to gather and celebrate the Lord Jesus is Good because its celebrating the LORD JESUS:clap::clap::clap:

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
the congregation I attend is celebrating the feasts of tabernacles this Sunday ..
iv never been with them for it before and we have guest speakers ..I really don't know what to expect .except I highly doubt they will do much to the letter ,,so to speak haha , but then they are not doing it for any reason other then a time to both remember and celebrate the lord Jesus .
should be fun .-should be Joyous :)
I think they are continuing meeting each evening through the week .
-and obviously not adhering to it in any strict sense at all .. (but for me -it beats midnite mass for summer solstice better known in modern speak as xmas )
I should ask my Dad more about it .. he is far more knowledgeable on it then most I know personally .

any reason though ..to gather and celebrate the Lord Jesus is Good because its celebrating the LORD JESUS:clap::clap::clap:

If you can take pictures to share with us. It does sound like it will be fun.

It is my opinion that not doing it to the letter is not a big deal. It's what is in our heart. If it's in scripture I can see trying to do what is instructed by God to do but the Rabbinical, in my opinion, is not a must. I figure if God felt it was important then He would have made sure that it was in the Torah portion...but He didn't. I don't think there's anything wrong with the Rabbinical in and of itself, just that people should not feel they are doing it wrong if they don't do it according to the Rabbinical method. Even the Rabbis disagree on a great deal of these things. We should do what is in our heart to do.

Ours started this evening but of course I work late afternoon to the night so I'm not able to be there. I plan to be there on Friday and Saturday though.

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0