New Jersey
Visit site
✟28,184.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Success Is Hard Work
A young man was walking down the streets of New York when he stopped a lady and asked, “How do I get to Carnegie Hall?” The woman answered, “Practice, practice, practice.”
—Anonymous
What makes one person successful while another can make only modest gains? Often we see only the successful person’s innate talents as the answer. We often think that if someone is not blessed with talent, there is no amount of hard work that can make a difference. However, studies have shown that this is not correct; there is more to success than talent. In fact, the reason for most success is often good old-fashioned hard work. In his book Developing Talent in Your Children, Benjamin Bloom reported the results of a five-year study that was undertaken to discover what made some people extraordinary successful. The study consisted of detailed research into the lives of 120 of the nation’s top artists, athletes, and scholars.
Bloom was surprised to find that natural abilities played only a small part in the development of those individuals. As children, they were often mediocre musicians, baseball players, or math students, but Bloom found that they possessed a powerful drive to succeed. They practiced the piano hours every day, rose at 5:30 every morning to swim, or spent hours alone working on science projects. Parental support was also a key factor. The parents of the successful individuals had exposed their children to great ideas and influential persons, and many had made sacrifices to ensure that their offspring received necessary training.
Consider This: Opportunity for success often comes as the result of hard work. Are you preparing yourself for opportunity?
Submitted by Richard

The Story Teller

The Story Teller
Jun 27, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
✟28,184.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
In the next few weeks Im actually going to write exams, reading this motivates me! Thanks and practice, practice ... uhm I mean study study study ~ ^^ Pray for me
God knows our prayers even before we ask, but HE still like to hear from us..:wave:

Upvote 0