Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
http://www.businessinsider.com/subw...ared-fogles-disturbing-behavior-2015-8]SUBWAY FRANCHISEE: I told Subway about Jared Fogle's interest in kids, and they did nothing | Business Insider[/url]

Mills says that when she contacted Subway about Fogle's behavior in 2008, the company directed her to Jeff Moody, then CEO of SFAFT. Mills says that she spoke to Moody on the phone and told him about Fogle's disturbing comments about children.

Mills says Moody cut her off in the middle of the conversation, saying, "Please don't tell me any more."

He indicated that he had dealt with similar complaints in the past, according to Mills.

"He said, 'Don't worry, he has met someone. She is a teacher and he seems to love her very much, and we think she will help keep him grounded,'" Mills recalls.

SuperCloud

Sep 8, 2014
✟3,725.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I think Americans hate democracy and hate due process. My honest view. And Americans seek out ways to kneecap both.

If you can't kneecap by targeting the FBI and judicial system that requires abundance of various standards of evidence before taking action, then go after the private sector in which people on accusations can be guilty before proven innocent. Or so that is the hope and goal.

Didn't the FBI know as much--if not more--than Subway?

Upvote 0

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
The greatest state in the Union: Ohio
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think Americans hate democracy and hate due process. My honest view. And Americans seek out ways to kneecap both.

If you can't kneecap by targeting the FBI and judicial system that requires abundance of various standards of evidence before taking action, then go after the private sector in which people on accusations can be guilty before proven innocent. Or so that is the hope and goal.

Who needs laws if somebody is making money by somebody avoiding them?

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married

Seems doubtful. We only know that higher ups at Subway knew because of the admission ... and they apparently had no intention of turning him in.

Not sure what I think about it except that Subway was happy to continue using Jared as long as his public personna seemed clean. At the first sign of trouble though they bailed immediately. They knew.

Upvote 0

SuperCloud

Sep 8, 2014
✟3,725.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Who needs laws if somebody is making money by somebody avoiding them?
Seems doubtful. We only know that higher ups at Subway knew because of the admission ... and they apparently had no intention of turning him in.

Not sure what I think about it except that Subway was happy to continue using Jared as long as his public personna seemed clean. At the first sign of trouble though they bailed immediately. They knew.

My understanding is the FBI knew too. For years. They investigated him for years.

Put Subway out of it. Take a college. I don't know, Duke. Several people accuse some athletes of being male witches, rapists, or racists. Why doesn't the college just assume the accused guilty first until the accused can prove their innocence?

I'm saying... if the FBI is investigating this dude (all the investigative and technological tools at their disposal) and they had not arrested this dude, then exactly how much did Subway know?

Eh, I'm no big protector of corporations let alone national franchises of restaurants. I like eating at local joints that aren't regional or national franchises. However, I believe in due process more than most Americans, and I'm not one into the blacklisting methods of the past nor the rebirth of that trend today. Sure, some people probably were communists in the USA in the past. But an accusation or several should not de facto deprive a man or woman of any work at all.

It's my assumption the FBI is a pretty competent outfit of investigators and not just a bunch of clowns. But if in fact Subway surpasses the FBI then the USA has one joke of a Federal body of investigators. Plus, I'm not sure US courts allow the FBI to wire tap any US citizen accused of liking to bang middle-school girls. But I'm sure many Americans think Subway and every employer in the USA ought have that right in the course of grand witch hunts.

Upvote 0

SuperCloud

Sep 8, 2014
✟3,725.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Here's what I'm talking about: ABC News video:
The woman claims she wore a wire tap for the FBI against Fogel for 4 and 1/2 years. Which begs the question if knowledge of him trying to "tap" middle-school girls should have meant he be reported (which he was) and then taken off the streets in cuff ASAP, then why did the FBI allow him to walk around and earn money from Subway, be around kids, for a whopping 4 1/2 years?

I can only hazard the FBI had greater insight than Subway, and had reasons not to arrest him right away.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
My understanding is the FBI knew too. For years. They investigated him for years.
Evidently, the FBI didn't have enough evidence to confront Jared, much less press charges against him.
Put Subway out of it. Take a college. I don't know, Duke. Several people accuse some athletes of being male witches, rapists, or racists. Why doesn't the college just assume the accused guilty first until the accused can prove their innocence?
There is a major difference in how law enforcement should react to such information and how individuals should react to such information.

Call it self-policing if you will, but reputation is important. Friendships get severed for less. Colleges are expected to hold to a much higher standard than the minimum requirement of the law. Not knowing is one thing, but when one knows then either one makes a choice to confront the evil ... or ignore it.

Admittedly, there's a gray area where one might not know for sure. I'm 100% with you when that's the case. Give the guy the benefit of the doubt.
I'm saying... if the FBI is investigating this dude (all the investigative and technological tools at their disposal) and they had not arrested this dude, then exactly how much did Subway know?
By their own admission, enough to know that Jared needed to turn his life around.
Eh, I'm no big protector of corporations let alone national franchises of restaurants. I like eating at local joints that aren't regional or national franchises. However, I believe in due process more than most Americans, and I'm not one into the blacklisting methods of the past nor the rebirth of that trend today. Sure, some people probably were communists in the USA in the past. But an accusation or several should not de facto deprive a man or woman of any work at all.
Without jumping to extremes, one ought to be able to confront a person individually about concerning conduct. For businesses a clean public personna is a bona fide job requirement. Subway, from statements in the article, knew exactly the sort of unacceptable behaviors Jared was engaged in ... and Jared himself was apparently not exactly shy in talking about it.
It's my assumption the FBI is a pretty competent outfit of investigators and not just a bunch of clowns. But if in fact Subway surpasses the FBI then the USA has one joke of a Federal body of investigators. Plus, I'm not sure US courts allow the FBI to wire tap any US citizen accused of liking to bang middle-school girls. But I'm sure many Americans think Subway and every employer in the USA ought have that right in the course of grand witch hunts.
Again, the standard of evidence involving personal conduct for Subway and the standard for criminal prosecution ought to be quite different.

Consider the number of businesses which routinely fire spokespersons and employees for minor transgressions of political correctness where there is not even a chance of criminal prosecution.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SuperCloud

Sep 8, 2014
✟3,725.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Without jumping to extremes, one ought to be able to confront a person individually about concerning conduct. For businesses a clean public personna is a bona fide job requirement. Subway, from statements in the article, knew exactly the sort of unacceptable behaviors Jared was engaged in ... and Jared himself was apparently not exactly shy in talking about it.

Yeah, confronting a person hired, contracted, or employed in your labor (however one puts it) is one thing. Done with tact of course. But depending on the response each person has to go from there. The person could deny it, be telling the truth, and you don't believe him or her. Or they could deny it, not be telling the truth, and you believe them or *want* to believe them. Or the person may lie and you in your gut know they are lying.

Or as cases often are in life dealing with all sorts of subject matter... there can be some varying level of truth to a thing but then colored with exaggerations or even other false accusations just because a person doing the accusing does not like another person.

My dealings with people leads me to believe you don't often get a lot of truth out of people. Often times you get some truths distorted by coloring that is not entirely true, it's just the impression the speaker wants to give. You can't even get the full truth out of police officers let alone the regular citizen. You can just glimpse that in the non-criminal controversy over gay marriage or whether Bruce Jenner was born a man. Depending on what the person *wants*see and think about a person is going to color their rendition and story about the person. So, I really don't think it's my place as a boss to be policing the off hours of my employees. Mind you... as you said, if I own a business, the reputation of my business must be protected too so I have to balance that with some prudence. Especially if I have other employees I'm responsible for too.

Jared is an interesting character in that he seems to be a pretty dishonest person. And I can't tell if he is partly mentally retarded or just became embolden by his fame and position that he thought he could freely run his mouth and run a scam charity.

Again, the standard of evidence involving personal conduct for Subway and the standard for criminal prosecution ought to be quite different.

Consider the number of businesses which routinely fire spokespersons and employees for minor transgressions of political correctness where there is not even a chance of criminal prosecution.

This is a transgression of political correctness. It just happens to be criminal too. The pro-homosexual lobbying people have been using the witch hunt and fear of "pedophilia" (which they stupidly include some 30 year-old dude with a 17 year-old girl in) for decades now as an indirect attack on traditional sexual mores to invoke a sense of sexual perversion among the traditionalist. It's group-think. And everyone has their lines in the play they're supposed to recite. And everyone is supposed to stand up and yell in unison that some 14 year-old girl with an 18 1/2 year-old dude is unnatural, going to cause her to jump off a roof, but two 14 year-old dudes sodomizing each other is natural, good, and turns said young men into peaceful noble prize winners.

Honestly, I see two 14 year-old boys sodomizing each other as no more and no less life damaging than some 14 year-old girl having sex with some 50 year-old dude. And no amount of group pressure or fear mongering is going to convince me otherwise.

Upvote 0

TheBarrd

Teller of tales, writer of poems, singer of songs
Mar 1, 2015
Following a Jewish Carpenter
✟14,094.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
So, someone in advertising made a huge boo-boo. What does this have to do with the quality...or lack thereof...of the food?
I'm sure Subway is going to lose quite a few customers over this...at least till the scandal-mongers find a new victim.
Don't worry too much Subway! The public has always been fickle, anyway. Give 'em good food, and they'll soon forget all about Jared and his middle school girls...

(I bet there are lots of men out there who fantasize about middle school girls)

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Agreed. That Subway knew doesn't surprise me at all.
It surprises me they were dumb enough to think nobody would out him and/or that Subway could claim ignorance.

In this day and age it is nearly impossible for public figures to do anything out of the ordinary and not be outed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So, someone in advertising made a huge boo-boo. What does this have to do with the quality...or lack thereof...of the food?
I'm sure Subway is going to lose quite a few customers over this...at least till the scandal-mongers find a new victim.
Don't worry too much Subway! The public has always been fickle, anyway. Give 'em good food, and they'll soon forget all about Jared and his middle school girls...

(I bet there are lots of men out there who fantasize about middle school girls)
I rarely "boycott" businesses unless they have engaged in some egregious practice that impacts me. I am like Trump in that regard.

Upvote 0

TheBarrd

Teller of tales, writer of poems, singer of songs
Mar 1, 2015
Following a Jewish Carpenter
✟14,094.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
I rarely "boycott" businesses unless they have engaged in some egregious practice that impacts me. I am like Trump in that regard.
It's that sweet onion sauce, isn't it?
Sweet onion sauce on a BMT....yummmmm...

Upvote 0