The Carpathian Garden
✟15,670.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I am thinking about going to Orthodox Pastoral Theology at the college, and become a priest. There is one question called "Subjective salvation" and I have to write an essay about it. I was thinking that between the orthodox christians there is a belief where only we, the orthodox can be saved, the other christians, living in heresy cannot, even if they are good. This may make sense, since Christ is only one and since we respected the truth, but which is your opinion?

gzt

The age of the Earth is 4.54 ± 0.07 billion years
Jul 14, 2004
Abolish ICE
Visit site
✟117,925.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Who says they could not possible be saved? Now, Arianism is a much worse heresy than the usual Christian heresies we are discussing these days, too, anyway. Nestorianism, sure, still bounces around in various forms.

Upvote 0

Kristos

Servant
Aug 30, 2006
Minnesota
✟37,552.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I am thinking about going to Orthodox Pastoral Theology at the college, and become a priest. There is one question called "Subjective salvation" and I have to write an essay about it. I was thinking that between the orthodox christians there is a belief where only we, the orthodox can be saved, the other christians, living in heresy cannot, even if they are good. This may make sense, since Christ is only one and since we respected the truth, but which is your opinion?

What are you writing an essay for? As part of your application to this program? Seems strange to ask such a question on an entrance essay.

I think you could go many directions with this rather open question. I would be careful not to condemn anyone, but rather hope and pray for God's grace to work through his Church to save all mankind. Perhaps even Arius - but of course that is up to Arius. He did not believe that Jesus Christ was fully God. He not only taught, this defended it - the Church tried to correct him, but he refused to be humbled. It's hard to imagine that he would suddenly change his mind and accept the saving grace of Jesus Christ, as Lord and God - but who knows...

Upvote 0