• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Trigger Warning struggling

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟472,961.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
:destroyed: we are struggling badly ...the past is getting to me ...flashbacks today is the 14th of feb
meant to be with the one you love and sex
My husband is in bed at the moment ...he getting up soon i love him so much
he says i have got to get over my past as its having an affect with with us
How can i get over it if i keep getting flashbacks from myself and the alters
My sister keeps talking about our past she was abused too but there some of it she dont know about when i was a teen as she wasn't around much then
its a big trigger and i feel triggered after she has been here
my husband has said tell her your not in a good place ...i think my sister only has me to talk to about it
Also i found out my nephew was abused by a friend of my sister when he was 8 who also abused my young nieces a few years later
he is reporting it and its an on going investigation
my mum said to my sister do you believe him and my sister said yes i believe him of course she does
( my mum denies that we where abused and she calls it attention seeking and that we are lying )

i stay away from my mother as she keeps calling me by my birth name which i have changed
to something else and everyone else calls me by my new name apart from her
also she says my mental health is just an excuse not to work and i should get over it and get a job
she triggers me so much
Littles wants my husband to wake up and help them color in

Reactions: BeStill&Know

BeStill&Know

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2015
✟68,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
:destroyed: we are struggling badly ...the past is getting to me ...flashbacks today is the 14th of feb
My sister keeps talking about our past she was abused too but there some of it she dont know about when i was a teen as she wasn't around much then
my husband has said tell her your not in a good place ...i think my sister only has me to talk to about it
Also i found out my nephew was abused by a friend of my sister when he was 8 who also abused my young nieces a few years later
my mum said to my sister do you believe him and my sister said yes i believe him of course she does
( my mum denies that we where abused and she calls it attention seeking and that we are lying )

i stay away from my mother as she keeps calling me by my birth name which i have changed
also she says my mental health is just an excuse not to work and i should get over it and get a job
she triggers me so much
Good Morning Dear One, I just watched a program discussing just what you are going through. I'm sure the Lord will speak through it to you, so you can be set free, from your torment. You will be blessed. Love in Yeshua
http://yourmove.is/episode/ep4-release-it-2/

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed

she triggers me so much

You cannot just 'get over' abuse from the past.

I am very sorry you have nobody to colour with you; perhaps you could find some toys and sit with them; they can be there for you when big people don't understand. And perhaps when your h is a bit more understanding, you could point him to information about your situation, to help him realise that this is not a trivial matter, but very, very challenging.

Your sister needs to find proper help, and so do you. You cannot help one another in the way that is needed at present, and it is not good for you to discuss the abuse together; you will tend to retraumatise one another and that could lead to symptoms increasing instead of the opposite. If you really can't find help then I recommend that you both journal your experiences without sharing at present, and focus on building happy memories together when you meet, until you are both stronger. Spending time with your sister needs to become about here, now, and happiness; a hot chocolate, a walk in the woods, painting your nails together. Anything about here and now, and safe. Keep away from the memories until you have a therapist to accompany you there.

http://www.firstpersonplural.org.uk/

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed