karen_trustlord

May 7, 2004
✟1,046.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Nov 16,2006
Strong Winds

James 3:4
Behold, the ships also, though they are so great and are driven by strong winds, are still directed by a very small rudder, wherever the inclination of the pilot desires.

The image of a strong wind blowing a ship. Strong winds can be very turbulent. Have you ever been on a ship during a storm?

If I were on a ship in a storm, I know my first tendency would be to grab for the rudder -- the control -- and hang on tight.

It's our natural inclination to try to control and manipulate, especially in a strong wind or storm.

This is just the opposite of what the Lord tells us. We need to give the rudder -- the control -- to Him. He alone knows the way thru the strong winds, thru the turbulence, thru the storm.

This need to be in control can prevent us from receiving all that God has for us. Today surrender all to Him, be fully obedient.

1 Samuel 15:23
For rebellion is like the sin of divination, and arrogance like the evil of idolatry. Because you have rejected the word of the Lord, He has rejected you as king.

1 Samuel 15:22
... To obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed is better than the fat of rams.

StrongWind.jpg

Thank You Lord that You are always in control. When we find ourselves 'sailing' thru a storm, remind each of us of this, help us 'take our hands off the rudder' and surrender control to You. Help each of us rest in the knowledge that You are sovereign and Your plans are best.

Reactions: Sennaria