Watervliet, MI
✟383,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
2Th 2:7-12 NKJV For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way. (8) And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. (9) The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, (10) and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.(11) And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, (12) that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what this strong delusion will be?

Reactions: Fireinfolding
S

sinning machine

Interesting... could you elaborate on that idea, please?

We men being yet carnal beasts bind/box GOD our Father into an image of what we perceive Him to be, by doing this we place our thoughts/our selves above GOD.

You could say mans reasoning/thoughts separate himself from GOD because they are a dividing of the truth and so become a lie.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
2Th 2:7-12 NKJV For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way. (8) And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. (9) The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, (10) and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.(11) And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, (12) that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Yes, the strong delusion is after the man of sin claims to be God, sitting in the seat of God, God has him killed. That is in Ezekiel 28:1-10.

Then, the slain man of sin, finding himself in hell is mocked by them there, Isaiah 14. Then God in his disdain for him, because he will be a Jew who destroys his land and his people in Isaiah 14, cast him out of the grave - bringing him back to life. That is the strong delusion.

Those who reject the gospel of Salvation, and bought into the man of sin's claim to be God, will be deluded by the Antichrist's coming back to life. It will serve to reinforce their belief his claim of being God. "the" lie is the Antichrist's claim to being God.

Doug

Upvote 0

food4thought

Loving truth
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2002
Watervliet, MI
✟383,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We men being yet carnal beasts bind/box GOD our Father into an image of what we perceive Him to be, by doing this we place our thoughts/our selves above GOD.

I think I understand this, but I wonder how we are supposed to avoid doing this in at least some small way...

You could say mans reasoning/thoughts separate himself from GOD because they are a dividing of the truth and so become a lie.

Paul tells Timothy to "rightly divide the word of truth"... I am unsure what you mean by dividing the truth. Are we not supposed to exercise our reasoning faculties when we study His word?

Upvote 0

food4thought

Loving truth
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2002
Watervliet, MI
✟383,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, the strong delusion is after the man of sin claims to be God, sitting in the seat of God, God has him killed. That is in Ezekiel 28:1-10.

Then, the slain man of sin, finding himself in hell is mocked by them there, Isaiah 14. Then God in his disdain for him, because he will be a Jew who destroys his land and his people in Isaiah 14, cast him out of the grave - bringing him back to life. That is the strong delusion.

Those who reject the gospel of Salvation, and bought into the man of sin's claim to be God, will be deluded by the Antichrist's coming back to life. It will serve to reinforce their belief his claim of being God. "the" lie is the Antichrist's claim to being God.

Doug

Thank you, Doug... that is an interesting and plausible possibility, and has the benefit of having some Scripture to support it (depending on how one interprets Isaiah 14).

Upvote 0

HannibalFlavius

May 15, 2013
Houston
✟5,329.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

It says what it is----Lawlessness.

The man of iniquity is just that in its meaning.

It means that he stands against the commandments of God and the great falling away is the spirit of lawlessness.

It shows the majority of the world becoming lawless in doing away with God's commandments, they sit in the place of God and assume they have the authority to change the very word of God and everything that is called of God.

Lawlessness.

Teaching people to not keep any of the laws of Moses.

Paul never taught Jews to forsake the laws of Moses, but a lot of people would swear that he did.

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The strong delusion was sent to those Paul was addressing. The passage is viewed by futurist as something coming to our day and age. So...let's start with the beginning of the letter...where Paul tells us who his letter is to:
2 Thessalonians 1:1:
Paul and Silvanus and Timothy, To the church of the Thessalonians in God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ:

It is huge error to view this letter as written to us, as it says who it's to.

As we read chapter 2 it's pretty evident that Paul had warned the Thessalonian saints that this event was soon coming...and it was as the persecution of the church was spreading.

Paul says to them in 2 Thessalonians 2:5:

5 Do you not remember that while I was still with you, I was telling you these things?

Paul is an apostle and he has received revelation from God this event was coming and he shared it.

Some have the idea Paul was not aware of when it would happen but that idea doesn't wash because we know Paul had shared with Timothy that he was about to die in 2 Timothy 4:6-8
6 For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure has come.
7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith;
8 in the future there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day; and not only to me, but also to all who have loved His appearing.

So Paul knows the event he shared with the Thessalonians as well as other churches was about to happen and he was about to die! God had revealed it to him.

The "strong delusion" was on those of that day. I believe this is the persecution of Nero upon the churches building up to the great tribulation that would come to Jerusalem, that Jesus prophesies in Matthew 24, Mark 13, and Luke 21.

This was a future event to the Thessalonian saints...and it should serve as an example to the church even up to today of where our focus should be in time of trouble!

Satan is still at work with strong delusion and has been...but this strong delusion was not for us today.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fireinfolding
Upvote 0

HannibalFlavius

May 15, 2013
Houston
✟5,329.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

Doug

Dougg, Ezekiel 28 1-10 is not about one man, its about the man of sin in the hearts of people .

Ezekiel 28:6 '' Because you have set your heart as the heart of a God, Behold, therefore I will bring strangers against you, The most terrible of the nations; and they shall draw their swords against the beauty of your wisdom, and defile your splendor. They shall throw you down into a pit, and you shall die the death of the slain in the midst of the seas;;

This is the spirit of Satan but this spirit lives in the hearts of the great multitudes and the man of sin will be burned up in all of them, all of them go down to the pit, not just one man.

Isaiah 14---For the Lord will have mercy on Jacob, and will still choose Israel, and settle them in their own land. The strangers will be joined with them and bring them to their place, and the house of Israel will posess them for servants and maids in the land of the Lord; They will take them captive whose captives they were, and rule over their oppressors .........

IT SHALL COME TO PASS IN THE DAY OF THE LORD GIVES YOU REST FROM YOU SORROW, AND FROM YOUR FEAR AND THE HARD BONDAGE IN WHICH YOU WERE MADE TO SERVE, THAT YOU WILL TAKE UP THIS PROVERB AGAINST THE KING OF Babylon, AND SAY.

Dougg this is a taunting song that Israel sings against the entire system of Babylon and their king.

It is not just a taunt of one man, it taunts every single person who has been against Israel, and against the commandments of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Dougg, Ezekiel 28 1-10 is not about one man, its about the man of sin in the hearts of people who are against Israel and many taunting sayings and songs are sung against these type of people.

Ezekiel 28:6 '' Because you have set your heart as the heart of a God, Behold, therefore I will bring strangers against you, The most terrible of the nations; and they shall draw their swords against the beauty of your wisdom, and defile your splendor. They shall throw you down into a pit, and you shall die the death of the slain in the midst of the seas;;

Hi hf, look at this verse...

Ezekiel 28:
2 Son of man, say unto the prince of Tyrus, Thus saith the Lord God; Because thine heart is lifted up, and thou hast said, I am a God, I sit in the seat of God, in the midst of the seas; yet thou art a man, and not God, though thou set thine heart as the heart of God:

Then compare to 2Thessalonians2

2Thessalonians2:
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

God has him killed for what he does, which the mortally wounded head in Revelation 13 is the slain Antichrist man of sin. But that mortally wounded head comes back to life. God kicking the slain Antichrist out of the grave in Isaiah 14.

Isaiah14:
19 But thou art cast out of thy grave like an abominable branch, and as the raiment of those that are slain, thrust through with a sword, that go down to the stones of the pit; as a carcase trodden under feet.
20 Thou shalt not be joined with them in burial, because thou hast destroyed thy land, and slain thy people: the seed of evildoers shall never be renowned.

The Antichrist when he sells out to Satan will betray his own people and reeks havoc on the land of Israel. After he is kicked out of the grave, he is never buried again, but is cast alive into the lake of fire.

It is not just a taunt of one man, it taunts every single person who has been against Israel, and against the commandments of God.
I don't disagree that Isaiah 14 is a sing-song taunt, but it is what that is in that taunt as being a prophecy about the Antichrist. Every single person who has been against Israel, certainly were not cast out of the grave. And certainly not for destroying his own people and land. And not called the abominable branch - which is the contrast of the Antichrist to Jesus the righteous branch of Jesse, because the Antichrist will also be a Jew.

Doug

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Yes. Another Temple and a false Messiah performing sings and wonders.

The Jews are expecting the Messiah to come to the Temple.

They whole motive for building it is: IF WE BUILD IT HE WILL COME!

They have rejected Jesus as Messiah.

They want another Messiah.

Therefore they will get another Messiah.

Because they refused to love the truth!!!

This is not new.

1 "If there arises among you a prophet or a dreamer of dreams, and he gives you a sign or a wonder, 2 and the sign or the wonder comes to pass, of which he spoke to you, saying, 'Let us go after other gods'--which you have not known--'and let us serve them,' 3 you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams, for the Lord your God is testing you to know whether you love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul. Deuteronomy 13:1-3

Great scripture that you pointed out in 2 Thessalonians.

Most do not see verse 11.

Excellent question!

http://www.templeinstitute.org/

JLB

Upvote 0
S

sinning machine

I think I understand this, but I wonder how we are supposed to avoid doing this in at least some small way...

Paul tells Timothy to "rightly divide the word of truth"... I am unsure what you mean by dividing the truth. Are we not supposed to exercise our reasoning faculties when we study His word?

I must admit this is new to me and so I don't have all the answers, but I believe Timothy was reading the text line upon line " to rightly divide the word of truth" is not to reason with oneself, but with GOD. Timothy was using his own perception, think of it this way, ask yourself what doesn't carnal man do without injecting his pride, vanity or lust into it ?

Upvote 0

food4thought

Loving truth
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2002
Watervliet, MI
✟383,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It says what it is----Lawlessness.

The man of iniquity is just that in its meaning.

It means that he stands against the commandments of God and the great falling away is the spirit of lawlessness.

It shows the majority of the world becoming lawless in doing away with God's commandments, they sit in the place of God and assume they have the authority to change the very word of God and everything that is called of God.

Lawlessness.

Teaching people to not keep any of the laws of Moses.

Paul never taught Jews to forsake the laws of Moses, but a lot of people would swear that he did.

So you would argue that the Jewish people (at least) are still required to keep the Law of Moses? How would this be possible when there is no temple and they have been dispersed throughout the world and could not return to Jerusalem for the feasts until recently (among many other problems). Since Jesus has fulfilled the necessity for sin offerings, are they still required to offer sacrifices? Just what part of the Law are they supposed to be keeping?

What about Gentiles... how do we relate to the Law of Moses?

Upvote 0

food4thought

Loving truth
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2002
Watervliet, MI
✟383,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The strong delusion was sent to those Paul was addressing. The passage is viewed by futurist as something coming to our day and age. So...let's start with the beginning of the letter...where Paul tells us who his letter is to:
2 Thessalonians 1:1:
Paul and Silvanus and Timothy, To the church of the Thessalonians in God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ:

It is huge error to view this letter as written to us, as it says who it's to.

As we read chapter 2 it's pretty evident that Paul had warned the Thessalonian saints that this event was soon coming...and it was as the persecution of the church was spreading.

Paul says to them in 2 Thessalonians 2:5:

5 Do you not remember that while I was still with you, I was telling you these things?

Paul is an apostle and he has received revelation from God this event was coming and he shared it.

Some have the idea Paul was not aware of when it would happen but that idea doesn't wash because we know Paul had shared with Timothy that he was about to die in 2 Timothy 4:6-8
6 For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure has come.
7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith;
8in the future there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day; and not only to me, but also to all who have loved His appearing.

So Paul knows the event he shared with the Thessalonians as well as other churches was about to happen and he was about to die! God had revealed it to him.

The "strong delusion" was on those of that day. I believe this is the persecution of Nero upon the churches building up to the great tribulation that would come to Jerusalem, that Jesus prophesies in Matthew 24, Mark 13, and Luke 21.

This was a future event to the Thessalonian saints...and it should serve as an example to the church even up to today of where our focus in time of trouble!

Satan is still at work with strong delusion and has been...but this strong delusion was not for us today.

Thank you for your post. I disagree, but appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

food4thought

Loving truth
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2002
Watervliet, MI
✟383,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes. Another Temple and a false Messiah performing sings and wonders.

The Jews are expecting the Messiah to come to the Temple.

They whole motive for building it is: IF WE BUILD IT HE WILL COME!

They have rejected Jesus as Messiah.

They want another Messiah.

Therefore they will get another Messiah.

Because they refused to love the truth!!!

This is not new.

1 "If there arises among you a prophet or a dreamer of dreams, and he gives you a sign or a wonder, 2 and the sign or the wonder comes to pass, of which he spoke to you, saying, 'Let us go after other gods'--which you have not known--'and let us serve them,' 3 you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams, for the Lord your God is testing you to know whether you love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul. Deuteronomy 13:1-3

Great scripture that you pointed out in 2 Thessalonians.

Most do not see verse 11.

Excellent question!

The Temple Institute: The Holy Temple in Jerusalem: Yesterday Tomorrow Today

JLB

Thank you JLB. I do agree that this will be at least part of the delusion that affects the Jewish people, but what about the rest of the world who will also follow and worship the beast?

Upvote 0

food4thought

Loving truth
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2002
Watervliet, MI
✟383,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I must admit this is new to me and so I don't have all the answers, but I believe Timothy was reading the text line upon line " to rightly divide the word of truth" is not to reason with oneself, but with GOD. Timothy was using his own perception, think of it this way, ask yourself what doesn't carnal man do without injecting his pride, vanity or lust into it ?

I appreciate your honesty. You do make a good point that we cannot depend on our reason alone to understand Scripture, as Paul testifies that "the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned" (1stCor 2:14). We definitely need the Holy Spirit to properly understand the Bible. Yet I also believe that we need to use our reasoning faculties to discern error and truth, the spirit of this world from the Spirit of God.

Thanks for your replies.

Upvote 0

HannibalFlavius

May 15, 2013
Houston
✟5,329.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
So you would argue that the Jewish people (at least) are still required to keep the Law of Moses? How would this be possible when there is no temple and they have been dispersed throughout the world and could not return to Jerusalem for the feasts until recently (among many other problems). Since Jesus has fulfilled the necessity for sin offerings, are they still required to offer sacrifices? Just what part of the Law are they supposed to be keeping?

What about Gentiles... how do we relate to the Law of Moses?

The law has been written upon their hearts, they no longer believe in sacrifices. It was in the beginning that a sin offering had to be made for sins committed unwittingly.

Now they do not believe in sacrifices, but everyone is to keep the laws of Moses that are written upon our hearts. It's just a different sort of law.

We are to show love in everything and be forgiving so that in our love, the law is kept.

The law still judges people in ethical and moral ways.

I don't get a tattoo, although I really want a tattoo, but I wont get one because its against the law.

If I get drunk one night and get a tattoo, I don't see it like some sin that is going to make a difference, but moral and ethical laws do.

I keep this little, least of the commandments because it makes me smile if I can do one thing to be peculiar to my God. These days I am like a sore thumb, everyone has a tattoo.

But the law wasn't just written on our hearts, it is also written on their hearts.

The Jews do not believe in sacrifice and they don't condemn people for not keeping the laws in coming to Jerusalem 3 times a year.

But they cannot build a Temple because they don't have the measurements of a cubit, it is because the temple is ever expanding and it was meant to be a hurdle. They certainly could not sacrifice until the Messiah institutes sacrifice. They cannot do it themselves.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
B

Bible2

food4thought said in post 1:

2 Thessalonians 2:11 - And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

The Antichrist will have a False Prophet who will work amazing miracles by which people will be deceived (Revelation 13:12-14, Revelation 19:20, cf. Matthew 24:24). And God will send strong delusion on unrepentant people so that they will believe "the" lie (2 Thessalonians 2:11-12; in the original Greek there's a "the" before "lie"), which could be the antichrist lie that has been around since the first century AD (2 John 1:7; 1 John 4:3; 2 Thessalonians 2:7a), and which in the future will deceive the world into worshipping both Lucifer (Satan) the dragon and the Antichrist (the individual-man aspect of the beast) (Revelation 13:4-18, Revelation 12:9), the man of sin (2 Thessalonians 2:3-9), as God (2 Thessalonians 2:4, Daniel 11:36). The antichrist lie denies that Jesus is the Christ (1 John 2:22), and/or denies that Jesus is the human/divine Son of God (1 John 2:22b), and/or denies that Christ is in the flesh (2 John 1:7), which denial is one of the key doctrines of Gnosticism.

It's important for Christians to realize that during the Antichrist's future, literal 3.5-year worldwide reign (Revelation 13:4-18), even though the world will worship Lucifer (the dragon, Satan) and the Antichrist (the individual-man aspect of the beast) (Revelation 13:4-8, Revelation 12:9), this won't require that the Antichrist's one-world religion will say that Jesus is evil, or will turn the world against Jesus. For almost the entire world reveres Jesus, at least as being a good man. The Antichrist could confirm this basic world belief, but simply (in his words) "clarify" that while Jesus is indeed a good man, Jesus himself isn't the Christ or the Son of God (1 John 2:22). No doubt the Antichrist will also deny that Jesus died on the Cross for our sins, as this, just as believing that Jesus is the Christ and the Son of God (John 20:31, John 3:36), is one of the core beliefs of the gospel by which people become saved (1 Corinthians 15:1-4).

So what the Antichrist could do is keep the idea of a good Jesus, but strip it of everything by which Jesus saves people from hell. And this wouldn't require that the Antichrist deny Jesus' 2nd coming. Indeed, the Antichrist and his False Prophet (Revelation 19:20) could even try to employ to their own ends the Biblical prophecy of Jesus' 2nd coming, as well as the Muslim prophecy which says that the miracle-working prophet Jesus will return bodily from heaven in the last days to bring the whole earth into the worship of the true God. For the False Prophet could claim that he is Jesus, returned to bring the whole earth into the worship of the true God. And he could perform amazing miracles (Revelation 13:13) as purported proof of his claim (cf. John 3:2). This is one reason why it's so important to know when and how the real Jesus' 2nd coming will happen (Matthew 24:29-31; 2 Thessalonians 2:1-8; 1 Thessalonians 4:14-17, Revelation 19:7 to 20:6, Zechariah 14:3-21).

Once the False Prophet by his amazing miracles has brought the world under his spell (Revelation 13:13-18, Revelation 19:20), including many Muslims and Christians who may not care much for scriptural dogma, but could go wild over his signs and wonders, he could begin to (in his words) "restore to the world the real message which was spoken by me (Jesus) at my first coming, and by the great prophet Mohammed, but which message became corrupted by power-hungry men when they copied and changed the early manuscripts of the Bible and the Koran". He could then gradually initiate the world into the Antichrist's Gnostic Luciferianism (1 John 4:3, Revelation 13:4-6), a religion which could have existed since ancient times in some "mystery" cults, and which still exists today in the highest degree of initiation of a worldwide secret society. The False Prophet could present his miraculously calling fire down from heaven (Revelation 13:13) as purported proof that Lucifer (the dragon, Satan) and the Antichrist are the true God (Revelation 13:4-8, Revelation 12:9), in an inversion of how back in Old Testament times, Elijah miraculously called fire down from heaven to prove that YHWH is the true God (1 Kings 18:37-39).

The person whom the Antichrist will revile is YHWH (Revelation 13:6, Daniel 11:36), whom many people mistakenly think of as being (in their words) "the God of only the Old Testament, that cruel and hateful God who ordered people to commit genocide and kill babies (1 Samuel 15:3), while Jesus came and preached love for everyone (Matthew 5:44)". The truth is that Jesus confirmed that the God of the Old Testament, YHWH (Deuteronomy 6:4-5, Leviticus 19:18), is the same as the God of the New Testament (Mark 12:29-31), and that the Old Testament is true (Matthew 5:17-18, Luke 24:44-48). Jesus died for our sins in fulfillment of Old Testament prophecy from YHWH (Isaiah 53; 1 Peter 2:24). And he rose from the dead in fulfillment of Old Testament prophecy from YHWH (e.g. Psalms 16:10, Acts 2:31). Jesus died to establish the New Covenant (Matthew 26:28), which YHWH had foretold in the Old Testament (Jeremiah 31:31-34). And Jesus died to bring about the defeat of Satan (Hebrews 2:14), which YHWH had foretold from even the first book of the Old Testament (Genesis 3:15).

Nonetheless, building on many people's misconceptions of YHWH as being (in their words) "the cruel God of the Old Testament", no doubt one of the Antichrist's chief blasphemies against YHWH (Revelation 13:6, Daniel 11:36) will be that YHWH is an evil god. This is one of the ancient blasphemies of Gnosticism, another being the antichrist lie that Christ isn't in the flesh (2 John 1:7). The world will be deceived into completely rejecting YHWH and worshipping Satan and the Antichrist instead (Revelation 13:4-8, Revelation 12:9). Satan may be worshipped not as "Satan", which most everyone sees as a bad name (it means "Adversary"), but as "Lucifer" (Isaiah 14:12), which means "the morning star". The Antichrist could lie and say that it's YHWH who is the true "Satan", the true "Adversary" of mankind.

Because the Antichrist and his False Prophet (possibly masquerading as Jesus) will deny that Jesus is the Christ (1 John 2:22), and will deny that Christ is in the flesh (1 John 4:3), and because they will bring the world into the worship of Lucifer (the dragon, Satan) instead (Revelation 13:4, Revelation 12:9), they could lie and say that (the non-mortal flesh) Lucifer is the Christ, that the new name of Christ (Revelation 3:12c) is "Lucifer Christ". For just as "Lucifer" means "the morning star", so Christ is the morning star (Revelation 22:16b). Also, Christ identified himself with the serpent (John 3:14), and Lucifer is the serpent (Revelation 12:9). Also, Christ said "Ye are gods" (John 10:34), and it was the serpent who said "ye shall be as gods" (Genesis 3:5).

The truth is that Lucifer fell from his office of morning star (Isaiah 14:12) and became Satan (cf. Luke 10:18). Jesus Christ has taken over the office of morning star (Revelation 22:16). And Jesus Christ identified himself with only the brass serpent on the pole in Numbers 21:8-9 (John 3:14), which typified Jesus Christ's crucifixion for our sins (John 19:16, Matthew 26:28). And in John 10:34, Jesus Christ (John 20:31) was quoting YHWH in Psalms 82:6-7, which shows that even though humans have knowledge of good and evil as gods do (Genesis 3:22), they will still die like humans (Psalms 82:7), contradicting the serpent's lie (Genesis 3:4). Nonetheless, the Antichrist could falsely say that Lucifer is the Christ and the true and beneficent God of mankind, and that the False Prophet is the miracle-working prophet Jesus (cf. John 3:2, Acts 3:22-24), returned to point the world to the true Christ/God. The Antichrist could falsely say that he (the Antichrist) is the human/divine "Son" of Lucifer, who must be worshipped as God along with Lucifer (Revelation 13:4,8). This would be similar to how Biblical Christians now rightly worship the human/divine Jesus Christ (John 1:1,14) as God (the Son) along with God the Father (John 20:28, Hebrews 1:8).

Near the end of the future tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 and Matthew 24, unclean spirits like frogs will come out of the mouths of Lucifer, the Antichrist, and the False Prophet (Revelation 16:13). And these unclean spirits like frogs will go forth and perform amazing miracles to convince the world's armies to gather together at Armageddon (Har Megiddo: Mount Megiddo in northern Israel) (Revelation 16:16) in an attempt to fight and defeat YHWH himself (Revelation 16:14, Revelation 19:19). After gathering together at Armageddon, the armies will travel south and pillage Jerusalem, right before the real Jesus (who is YHWH: John 10:30) returns from heaven and defeats them completely (Zechariah 14:2-21, Revelation 19:20 to 20:3).

Reactions: food4thought
Upvote 0