Strange Prayer Request...

R

Ryxennesu

8/1/07

I have a strange prayere request:
My dad past away several yers ago. He left land behind. Which none of us kids have ever laid eyes on!!! [You can only getto it by boat.] We have signed papers to sell the land...but only one refused to sell it. As a result of the one, we cannot sell it.
In our local newspaper just a few days ago...there was an article of a guy who has been going to our property, & taking pictures, as well as writting a story. The title of this article is: "The Russians are coming." A Russian rear admiral will be in town THIS SUNDAY! To go to our land. He once commanded a Nuclear Missle Submarine. His name is Constanine Antonavich Shopotov. [He was the captain of this submarine.] After his retirement he became invovled in undersea archeolgy. Past 15 years they have discovered 23 historical shipwrecks. Shopotov has written a story of the 1st voyage discovery to Alaska in 1741.[first meeting of Russians & Thlingets.] Back in 1741 A Russian Ship sank here in Alaska killing all 15 men on board. The name of the ship was "St. Petersberg."
Yesterday we had a family meeting about our land. My Aunt talked to Elton Engstrom, who used to be a lawyer, & he used to be our state senator for Alaska. He wants to the tourists to go & see all of our land marks engraved on rocks! One of which is beleived to be the "St. Petersberg" boat.
For the first time I saw my Dad's land at our family meeting. It is gorgeous to say the least!!! At the meeting also present was
Allen Engstrom, the guy who put the article in the newspaper. When asked why he wants to go to our land...His reply was: "We want to find a place to launch a missle to blow up a Alaska!" Then He laughed!!!
No apologies either!!! He said there is room for only 1 person to go along with them...if any of us want to go. All of my family members that own this land is elders. So none of them want to go. I mentioned I want to go! I want to see my Dad's land.
My brother claims there is something of value on there. It will be a two day trip, camping out. My family hasn't gotten back to me whether I can go or not. Because there are fast & deep drop offs in the water.
There has been five to go there & none has come back.
My prayer request is for that sick statement
he made about finding a place to blow up Alaska!!!

Ryxennesu

Stephanie7

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2004
✟111,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Speak out and tell this man that his comment about blowing up Alaska bothered you. Let him know how you feel.

Father God, I pray that You will take this land issue and work it out to the good. If there is anything of value on this land, may the truth come forth so the family will know about it's value. May You also open up this man's understanding that he may know that his joke about Alaska was of a serious nature and in poor taste, In Your Name, thank you Jesus, Amen

Upvote 0